News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Guess the figure!!!!

Started by Primeval12, March 20, 2012, 08:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Himmapaan

Hooray, dino-biscuit!  :D

Umm, let me see...

It's pale blue and cream, with red and gold accents.
It was produced in 1994 and is long since out of production.

I don't know how much I ought to describe at once. I hope that's a good start.

Tylosaurus

Is it the Carnegie Iguanodon ? hmm?  ;D

Himmapaan

Pachyrhinosaurus

Is it the Battat Styracosaurus?
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Himmapaan

Warmer!

Another clue, it isn't an ornithischian.

Tylosaurus

is it the Corythosaurus from Batatt?
As seen in this picture next to the Steggy :)

brontodocus

I was already considering it might be the Battat Amargasaurus, 1994 would fit - the colours, too... but golden? There's some red and yellow in the neck sail, though. :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Himmapaan

Quote from: brontodocus on March 22, 2012, 11:51:31 PM
I was already considering it might be the Battat Amargasaurus, 1994 would fit - the colours, too... but golden? There's some red and yellow in the neck sail, though. :)
Bravo, that's the one! I think I was being a little too artistically inclined with 'gold'; the way one might describe autumnal leaves, say (not quite 'golden' though  ;D), but yes, I essentially meant the yellow.  :))

Oh, and Tylo, in that picture, if you meant the Corythosaurus next to the Papo Stegosaurus, that's Carnegie. :) If you meant the one next to the Safari Stegosaurus, that's actually a Safari Hypacrosaurus. :)

brontodocus

Hurra! :) I was considering the Battat Amargasaurus right after you've posted - I've checked the shelves of your collection thread  ;) but then I wasn't convinced anymore because I thought you'd mean some metallic colour with "golden". Then I thought of the golden-eyed Carnegies but none of them was fitting properly.

So then, to get Edith Piaf's "Autumn Leaves" out of my head again (not that I don't like it)...
...here's a new one:

It's a small rubber figure, not much over 70 mm long.
It's basically tan with darker brown spots but one part of its body is green and yellow.
It's a quadrupedal with a sail on its back - but it's no synapsid.
It's been released in 1998 and is retired. I guess I've already said too much... ???

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Takama

This thing from playvisions(forgive me i forgot the name of the creture)

brontodocus

I guess I should have looked at my new signature first and not right into the next cabinet... :-\
But, yes, of course, we have a winner! :) That's the PV Platyhystrix! ;D

So it's up to you now... ??? :D

Takama

Ok here it goes,

Its Tan/Sand colored
it received a negative review on the blog
it came out in 2007.

Tylosaurus

Safari Spinosaurus from 2007?
This one :)

Takama

nope,    sorry
but i believe its one of Spinosaurs ancestors

Tylosaurus

Takama

nope, gotta go back further in time

SBell

Judging by the colour and date of production--the CollectA Eustreptospondylus?

Takama

DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING! You are correct!

Tylosaurus

Quote from: Takama on March 23, 2012, 01:10:53 AM
nope,    sorry

Hmm not really an ancestor of Spinosaurus, but more of Megalosaurus ;)

Eustreptospondylus ("well-curved vertebra", in reference to the arrangement of the spine in the original fossil) is a genus of megalosaurid dinosaur,
more here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eustreptospondylus

Takama

Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 23, 2012, 02:11:09 AM
Quote from: Takama on March 23, 2012, 01:10:53 AM
nope,    sorry

Hmm not really an ancestor of Spinosaurus, but more of Megalosaurus ;)

Eustreptospondylus ("well-curved vertebra", in reference to the arrangement of the spine in the original fossil) is a genus of megalosaurid dinosaur,
more here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eustreptospondylus

Yes, but didint Megalosaurs evovled into the Spinosaurs?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: