News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Takams Prehistoric Library

Started by Takama, March 08, 2013, 01:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Its about time i share my Dinosaur books.  Some of these are old, some of these are useful, and some i haven't got to reading yet :-[

This is the first Wave of books. If there is a book that you want to see on the inside, then simply request it.

Here is two that I'm sure most of you have.

The one on the left is from Amber Books, and contains alot of Obscure species, The Ultimate one is one of my oldest

Theres the Princeton Guide complete with its weird Taxonomy. The Dinosaur hunters book is cool, as it comes with Real Documents that you can read for yourself

The one on the left is just a Listing of Creatures from the Devonian to Cretaceous. The green one is one of my Favorites, as it has information on Not only Dinosaurs, but the museums and sights you can find them at. I Highly Recommend it

The Great Dinosaur Atlas, is my first Scientifically Technical book. My Parents got me it while pretending to be the tooth fary when i was a Kid.  Not so sure if its any use today
The Disney's Dinosaur book is just various things about the movie itself, talking about the plot points and the creatures. Ow and apparently there was going to be a Mosasaurus in the film that tried to attack the Pteranodon. Obviously it never made the final cut.

Funny book,

Two Paper books from Dinosaur Ridge in Colorado, However, I haven't read them yet.

Oldest book in my Collection. Severely outdated, but it comes in handy when trying to figure out past ideas about dinosaurs

The last one for now is this little book that i had when i was a baby. It stars me, a 22 month old kid, and it mentions my grandpa my parents, and even my moms first Pomeranian Winston.

That's it for now, and like i said, if you wish to see inside of any of them, please make a request

Dikiyoba

Quote from: Takama
I'd like to see a couple of pages from the Amber Books one.

Libraraptor

That simple one with the Deinonychus skull - I´d like to have more information about it.

Takama

A majority of the book consist of fact files for each creture.

But for some of them, they dedicate 2-4 pages for, Like Allosaurus

Libraraptor

tyrantqueen

I see you own Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs by Carl Mehling. Could you post some photos of what it is like inside?

I tried googling for information but couldn't find anything. Amazon's photo of this book seems to be off somewhat  :-\ http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1906842035/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=13CT695T1EXKCJ9GT8AE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=429454147&pf_rd_i=468294
Granted, a Bald Eagle is a dinosaur, but an extant one.

Takama

sorry it took so long to reply here, sometimes a topic slips from my radar :(.    I think I already posted images from that book for Libraraptor.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.