News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs 3D toys - new for 2013

Started by DinoToyForum, March 16, 2013, 11:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 30, 2013, 08:16:59 PM
Quote from: Balaur on October 30, 2013, 02:13:28 AM
The Troodon is beautifully scultped, the feathers are just incredibly detailed. However, one of the sickle claws on its feet is broken off. It also has issues balancing, but that because it has one leg up.

Maybe the claw is supposed to be damaged, like the Patchi frill?

Obviously there is that problem with the Hesperonychus' left hand (all three I've seen show that issue), but my Troodon has correct claws.

Balaur

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 30, 2013, 08:16:59 PM
Quote from: Balaur on October 30, 2013, 02:13:28 AM
I finally got my blind bags today, which means that they can be ordered in the US. Anyways I thought I got like several in one bag but really you only get one per bag. I got the Edmontosaurus and Troodon!

The Troodon is beautifully scultped, the feathers are just incredibly detailed. However, one of the sickle claws on its feet is broken off. It also has issues balancing, but that because it has one leg up.

The Edmontosaurus is in much better condition than the Troodon, with no flaws at all. It is a very beautiful figure, though not as detailed.

I have 10 more to get, so my search isn't over...

Yes, it is only one figure per bag! Did you order the blind bags on Amazon.co.uk and get them shipped to USA then?

Maybe the claw is supposed to be damaged, like the Patchi frill?

Yes.

I don't think the clawis supposed to be broken, because the Troodon in the movie has intact claws.

boba ben

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 25, 2013, 09:38:13 PM
No word on the U.S. though yet.

I saw a whole bunch of these figures at Toys R Us in Gurnee, IL. this past Thursday.  They were in the action figure section.

Balaur

Blade-of-the-Moon

Balaur

CityRaptor

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 04, 2013, 03:55:45 PM

Looks like the blind bags and Ult. Gorgon aren't there yet, but there is a 6pc tube set I can't recall seeing.  : http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=24130356&cp=&parentPage=search#productDescription

The tube set is probably the same as the 6-piece box set.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 04, 2013, 05:49:53 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 04, 2013, 03:55:45 PM

Looks like the blind bags and Ult. Gorgon aren't there yet, but there is a 6pc tube set I can't recall seeing.  : http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=24130356&cp=&parentPage=search#productDescription

The tube set is probably the same as the 6-piece box set.

Could be. Guess they like tubes more than boxes for some reason..lol

boba ben

They had the Ultimate Gorgon figure at the brick and mortar store.  Maybe he'll pop up online in the future.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: boba ben on November 06, 2013, 04:24:38 AM
They had the Ultimate Gorgon figure at the brick and mortar store.  Maybe he'll pop up online in the future.

i'm going by my local tru thur, i'll try to stop by and see if they have him.

Krissy

Here in the UK my local Tesco has plenty of the Ultimate Gorgons but nothing else so far. In fact that was how I even found out about the WWD3D movie since I've been out of the loop for a while. I was doing my shopping, passed the toy aisle and did a huge double take upon seeing a reasonably accurate theropod figure with decent articlation on the shelf.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just came back from my trip today, no figures at all there yet.

SBell

I am so glad to be wrong! I just found the whole series at the local TRU. Except I didn't see the blind bags, which is find, because the tubes have most of the figures (no pterosaur, and...one other? Not sure what the set is comprised of). So I have 11 of them, as one of the ceratopsians is doubled (a young one, I'll be damned if I know any of the names). I'm going to search through this thread, someone must have listed it somewhere.

So my offer for the Quick WwD figures is off the table. But I'm still open to offers if anyone has a spare pterosaur or...whatever else I'm missing. Might as well complete the set if I can.

Carnosaur

I just ordered the 6 inch Gorgon and Troodon.
I can't wait to have fun photographing them, I hope to find the huge gorgon too.

Generally i have trouble finding BBC dinosaur toys I really lucked out when i was able to score 2 Deinonychus (raptor)
figures from the BBC TV show Primeval.

DinoToyForum

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

I just bought them all, except for electronic Scowler. There's some great stuff in here! The medium sized electronic dinosaurs are definitely my favorite.

Jetoar

I am waiting my WWD figures. Thanks for sharing your images  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

krentz

So, I guess I need to buy some of these. Nobody is sending me any for free yet - winky face.
Which ones are the best for the money. I'm looking for detail mostly.

D

DinoToyForum

Quote from: krentz on November 19, 2013, 10:08:47 PM
So, I guess I need to buy some of these. Nobody is sending me any for free yet - winky face.
Which ones are the best for the money. I'm looking for detail mostly.

D

I've reviewed three of the smaller action figures on the blog so far, they are all quite detailed. :) Take a look: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/tag/walking-with-dinosaurs-the-movie-3d/

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: