News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

1/15 Dilophosaurus- Released

Started by dinonikes, March 20, 2012, 11:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

These all seem like very nice models.
The active pose is quite eye catching as well. Almost makes me tempted to build it and add in a flying lizard for it to chase.  Someone asked the price again, here. Keep wondering myself, why post a thread for a model but not give the ordering information or prices, rather than ask everyone to visit another thread or site. Would seem simpler to just click and buy if we like the piece.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on December 11, 2012, 05:57:17 AM
These all seem like very nice models.
The active pose is quite eye catching as well. Almost makes me tempted to build it and add in a flying lizard for it to chase.  Someone asked the price again, here. Keep wondering myself, why post a thread for a model but not give the ordering information or prices, rather than ask everyone to visit another thread or site. Would seem simpler to just click and buy if we like the piece.

No other site to visit, just contact Malcolm / Dinonikes via PM here on the forums for ordering info.

These pieces don't really require building either..just paint. :)

amargasaurus cazaui

Is kinda what I meant I guess...It doesnt state if the dinosaur and base are cast seperate or together. And I do find it odd to message someone before you know IF because you dont know how MUCH etc. Would just seem much more simple to say, here it is, this is price, etc.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

dinonikes

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on December 11, 2012, 08:04:14 AM
Is kinda what I meant I guess...It doesnt state if the dinosaur and base are cast seperate or together. And I do find it odd to message someone before you know IF because you dont know how MUCH etc. Would just seem much more simple to say, here it is, this is price, etc.

A few things in response to your questions and wonderings- I have always stated that my figures would be cast with the base and figure as one unit- the exception are marine reptiles and pterosaurs where they are displayed on wood bases with rods for display- as to my way of dispensing information regarding these figures-- I guess I have been working in this way for years now, since the old DTF forum- I post photos of the piece as they progress from armature to finished sculpt, to finished painted piece. I post photos of the pieces that are issued in the separate 'figure availability' thread,which I try to keep updated, where I give dimensions and prices for each available figure along with some photos of the final finished piece. At the very beginning of this thread, I give details about the figures, and I give email address to contact me, or one could send PM here to contact me. I do not see anything odd about this. To rely on posting prices and such only in each individual thread for each piece would bury the information into each thread and one would have to look through each thread to try to find the one post that has this info, which wont likely be at the end of each thread. I used to keep the figure availability thread stickied at the top of the Fauna Casts section at the old forum, to make it easy to locate, but dont have that ability here.You mention 'click and buy' above in another post- that would be a situation ecountered on a business website, not this forum.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: dinonikes on December 14, 2012, 02:55:05 AM

A few things in response to your questions and wonderings- I have always stated that my figures would be cast with the base and figure as one unit- the exception are marine reptiles and pterosaurs where they are displayed on wood bases with rods for display- as to my way of dispensing information regarding these figures-- I guess I have been working in this way for years now, since the old DTF forum- I post photos of the piece as they progress from armature to finished sculpt, to finished painted piece. I post photos of the pieces that are issued in the separate 'figure availability' thread,which I try to keep updated, where I give dimensions and prices for each available figure along with some photos of the final finished piece. At the very beginning of this thread, I give details about the figures, and I give email address to contact me, or one could send PM here to contact me. I do not see anything odd about this. To rely on posting prices and such only in each individual thread for each piece would bury the information into each thread and one would have to look through each thread to try to find the one post that has this info, which wont likely be at the end of each thread. I used to keep the figure availability thread stickied at the top of the Fauna Casts section at the old forum, to make it easy to locate, but dont have that ability here.You mention 'click and buy' above in another post- that would be a situation ecountered on a business website, not this forum.
Some of the confusion then obviously, I have come aboard since the old forum and have seen none of these apparently often stated items. As someone who hopped aboad after the switch I have seen nothing of what your mentioning . I see the models and then nothing how to order or buy it. I noticed when you posted in the thread about flying lizards, the old Rush mold piece you have. I responded there asking for anything how to get the figure and no response .

I dont wander through each and every thread. Just figured it would be simple to say how much and how to pay with the item, and if you also wanted a central thread for that, alright. I guess at the end of the day, when I purchase something i do see that as business, and treat it that way.

Still was just trying to order a model or two without alot of complications. I went through all of your threads for the record,tonight. Each one, even the availibility one. Nothing for the model at all, no price no information.

For the record I am interersted in getting the Apatosaurus, recently shown. If it would be possible to have a link or price, or some kind of information for the model I would be appreciative. The Apatosaurus thread shows it released, so I guess I am not looking in the right site or folder or something. I just wanted to order the dinosaur is all, sorry

Takama

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on December 14, 2012, 05:23:49 AM
Quote from: dinonikes on December 14, 2012, 02:55:05 AM

Some of the confusion then obviously, I have come aboard since the old forum and have seen none of these apparently often stated items. As someone who hopped aboad after the switch I have seen nothing of what your mentioning . I see the models and then nothing how to order or buy it. I noticed when you posted in the thread about flying lizards, the old Rush mold piece you have. I responded there asking for anything how to get the figure and no response .

I dont wander through each and every thread. Just figured it would be simple to say how much and how to pay with the item, and if you also wanted a central thread for that, alright. I guess at the end of the day, when I purchase something i do see that as business, and treat it that way.Still was just trying to order a model or two without alot of complications. For the record I am interersted in getting the Apatosaurus, recently shown. If it would be possible to have a link or the ordering information or a pm for that piece I would be appreciative.

to Order,  you tell him what item you want, You send him payment, then he makes it.  Least that how i understand it

amargasaurus cazaui

dinonikes

I do understand the confusion. I know that the two latest models that I have posted here as released I have not had the time to post into the availability thread, like I said I try to keep it updated as I go, but do get behind at times. I will post the info into the availability thread for the Apatosaurus and the 1/15 Dilophosaurus.
I would reccomend that anyone who might have even slight interest in these figures to read through the 'Dinosaur Toy LIne Questions' thread that can be found on the old DTF archive forum. I find it interesting to read through myself to find suggestions and information that members posted for me. The individual threads also have alot of information that was shared by members regarding the different species developed back then.
I do appreciate any interest in works I make, I know there are alot of options out there for modelers and collectors. I remember trying to sell dinosaur models back in the mid to late 80's and there wasnt an internet market to go to and wasnt really a lot of stuff out there. Times have changed to be sure.

Takama

just so you know, I have a high intrest in these.       

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.