News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Figures in 1/72 - work on Giraffatitan

Started by MIXVS MINIMAX, April 15, 2013, 01:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

MIXVS MINIMAX

Meanwhile I finished two new models. Both of them will be avaiable at May, 1st.

It's Mononykus olecranus while he examinates a termite dome.

and a Caudipteryx zoui facing a crab on its beach walk.

Chad

This is all great stuff. Is there a store that sells them or do you sell them directly? Do you have a web page that has all your figures pictured?

Arul

MIXVS MINIMAX

Thanks!

@Chad: I sell them for my own directly.  You can find me on facebook

(https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mixvs-Minimax/478862722154782)

because I don't have a special website yet, but thinking about to do so.
If I post here pics of the kit-boxes, there are definitely avaiable. Just write me a PM and I start with the production.

cheers,
Alex

MIXVS MINIMAX

The next kits are ready for selling:

Caudipteryx zoui, 1/72

Content:
1 base
1 body
2 sheets with alternative feathers for the hand
and for the crab:
2 scissors and 2 types of wire for eyes and legs

A short discription and the assembly instruction are printed/glued to the inside of the box.
(https://www.scalemates.com/kits/1108880-mixvs-minimax-d03-caudipteryx-zoui)

Mononykus olecranus, 1/72

Content:
1 base
1 body

A short discription and the assembly instruction are printed/glued to the inside of the box.
(https://www.scalemates.com/kits/1108878-mixvs-minimax-d02-mononykus-olecranus)

The upcoming kit will be Coelodonta antiquitatis, 1/72, walking through the Taiga.

cheers!
Alex

MIXVS MINIMAX

Hi @ all,

I finished this week the Mammoth, 1/72.The Boxart is finished and everything is ready for production in case of order.

salute!

Arul

MIXVS MINIMAX

New item avaiable!
The biggest creature earth has ever seen which was capable of flight:

Quetzalcoatlus northropi, 1/72

The kit contains 7 parts (1 body, 2 hands, 2 feets, 1 beak and 1 base). The model is about 10cm(4.3in) long, 6cm high and 3cm wide.

In case of interest, just write me a PM.

tyrantqueen

Gorgeous paint work :) I'm glad I own this model.

reinier zwanink

To bad its just 1/72 for it looks really good

Arul

But small and detail figure is more difficult to paint very nice job  :D emm is that possible if we want to order full painted item ?  :)

MIXVS MINIMAX

Thanks Arul. I like the small scale because I can build more of them by lower costs and the same avaiable space.

In case of painting figues I think that bigger figures are more difficult to paint, because the lights and shadows are really harder to paint on larger areas.

Unfortunately for You I dont sell painted figures. If You paint them with acrylics (games workshop) You can easily remove the paint by using oven-cleaning-spray. So a bad paintshop can be removed and a new better one can start. In 50% of the models I  removed the first paintshop to start again. The second ore the third time will deliver a good result.

MIXVS MINIMAX

Next new item!

The dinosaur that changed the way we looked at dinosaurs:

Deinonychus antirrhopus, 1/72

The kit contains:
1 x body
2 x arms
2 x feet
1 x base (with a casted snake)
1 x claw-set

ITdactyl

I got the Pteranodon and Quetzalcoatlus.
I spent the better part of yesterday assembling both - they still require a bit of polishing and painting.  I'm aiming to post pictures soon.
KUDOS to the artist.  Both models and even their bases are extremely well sculpted (and now I'm afraid my shoddy paint job might not do them justice).  I also like how Alex prepared the packaging - they come with instructions for assembly and even details about each animal.

Just a few words of caution (note, these are not complaints - just feedback that might help)
1. 1/72 is a really small scale - be careful with the small parts.  I had a bit of difficulty attaching the feet and tongue of the pteranodon.
2. observe the parts on the sprue before removing them.  I removed the fingers of the quetzalcoatlus from the sprue and realized too late that I left the rest of the foot (on the sprue).
3. given the detail (and realism) of the sculpt, parts of the wings are really thin - to the point of being translucent.  This is not a problem for the quetz, since the wings were folded.  However, while I was handling the pteranodon, the thin parts basically tore.    It's not a big drawback as I was able to repair the holes easily with epoxy.  However, maybe a point of consideration for the artist.  In future sculpts you can probably sacrifice a bit of hyper-realism and consider what's best for the scale.  This is something that has also been mentioned by those artists who use shapeways.
4. Use a sharp blade when removing flash.  I broke the tips of the beaks of both pterosaurs because my blades weren't that sharp.   

That said, I'm really happy I got both pterosaurs.  The quetz displays well with Aaron Doyle's version in the same scale.  I left the "female" crest on the pteranodon since its size lets it display well with the kaiyodo longiceps and even the Favorite geosternbergia.  If you're a fan of the 1/72 scale, or good sculpts of prehistoric critters, then I highly recommend mixvs minimax.

MIXVS MINIMAX

Hi hi hi my drugies!

Back again with finished masters for Coelophysis and Velociraptor. Placerias and Stegosaurus are nearly finished. Protoceratops is still in work.

Coelophysis pulls an eye from a shortly passed by young Placerias and Velociraptor prepares to jump.

And here we go with an adult Placerias and a Stegosaurus. Little work is left to do.

Derek.McManus

MIXVS MINIMAX

They are!  ;)

Here we go with the finished master of Placerias gigas - a late triassic Dicynodont.

The next one will be Protoceratps.

MIXVS MINIMAX

Hihihi,

Now I have finished the Coelophysis.  Its may be bit terrifying. ;)

The kit can now be ordered.
cheers Alex

Derek.McManus

I really like these small scale creatures! Very impressive work!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: