News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New on Ebay

Started by Ikessauro, March 13, 2012, 03:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoLord

Detail isn't bad but the anatomy looks funky

tyrantqueen

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

SBell

DinoLord

If only the seller's other prehistory-related items were so fairly priced...  :-\

Patrx

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 14, 2014, 03:35:09 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extremely-realistic-Dinosaur-Model-20-CM-/281436185996?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4186e7658c

A fuzzy T.rex. Looks like a ooak piece ???

If I may ask, what do you mean by "ooak"? I won the auction (somehow), but don't know much about the model. D'you know who sculpted it?

Dan

If a seller in China is offering Favorite-style pieces at very low prices, it's likely illegal recasting.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: Dan on September 17, 2014, 08:51:06 PM
If a seller in China is offering Favorite-style pieces at very low prices, it's likely illegal recasting.

How much?
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Patrx

Quote from: Dan on September 17, 2014, 08:51:06 PM

That's troubling  :-\ It does resemble the style of the Favorite models, but it's an unfamiliar sculpt to me.

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Patrx on September 17, 2014, 06:39:52 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extremely-realistic-Dinosaur-Model-20-CM-/281436185996?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4186e7658c

If I may ask, what do you mean by "ooak"? I won the auction (somehow), but don't know much about the model. D'you know who sculpted it?
I don't know who sculpted it, but ooak means "one of a kind". It's a one off piece of artwork that the artist does not make any copies of. I could be wrong, and the artist might list more casts later on down the line...or maybe not.

Patrx

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 17, 2014, 09:52:16 PM
Quote from: Patrx on September 17, 2014, 06:39:52 PM

I don't know who sculpted it, but ooak means "one of a kind". It's a one off piece of artwork that the artist does not make any copies of. I could be wrong, and the artist might list more casts later on down the line...or maybe not.

Thanks for the clarification! I do hope it isn't some kind of bootleg. However, if it is a genuinely unique piece, I really ought to have payed more for it, so I'm not particularly happy with either possibility.  :-\ I figured I'd be outbid immediately!

Quote from: predino on September 17, 2014, 09:24:57 PM
What is the item?

This Tyrannosaurus model:

The tail has got some issues, but I like the overall look of the sculpt.

postsaurischian

:o Argh! US $86.00 is too much for me ..... as much as I want them :(.

Seijun

(buys one)
I am sure I will regret this decision when dejankins is selling these for $20....
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Roselaar

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 19, 2014, 03:54:52 PM
:o Argh! US $86.00 is too much for me ..... as much as I want them :(.

My thoughts exactly, though I'm very tempted...

I sure hope Dejankins or another souce find these, as unlikely as it may seem.

Hynerpeton

$86? NO THANKS!! Ugh i hate ones who overprice things. :(
Walking With Monsers:

Alexxitator

A few questions on these two;

Are they actually the same sculpt or is that just me?
One is 15 inch and the other about 6 though...
And is it any good?

I think it's a very nice piece, but am curious bout your thoughts :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Movie-Jurassic-Park-Dinosaur-Nessie-LochNess-Elasmosauras-Figure-Vinyl-Model-Kit-/160906768577?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item2576ca70c1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-Long-ELASMOSAUROUS-Water-Dinosaur-Vinyl-Model-Kit-1-30-/361048381051?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item541029167b
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

tyrantqueen

Those are recasts by pirates. They are of poor quality. Do not purchase from them, because you're supporting the recasting industry if you do. If you want the kit, it's a better idea to search for the original casts. They will harder to find and more expensive, but the quality is miles ahead.

Just a friendly piece of advice ;) I can't stop you from buying from there, but I don't think you should. They're not worth it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Alexxitator on September 25, 2014, 07:24:06 PM
A few questions on these two;

Are they actually the same sculpt or is that just me?
One is 15 inch and the other about 6 though...
And is it any good?

I think it's a very nice piece, but am curious bout your thoughts :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Movie-Jurassic-Park-Dinosaur-Nessie-LochNess-Elasmosauras-Figure-Vinyl-Model-Kit-/160906768577?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item2576ca70c1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-Long-ELASMOSAUROUS-Water-Dinosaur-Vinyl-Model-Kit-1-30-/361048381051?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item541029167b

Finding an official copy of that shouldn't be too hard..I see them about once a month at least.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: