News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New on Ebay

Started by Ikessauro, March 13, 2012, 03:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seijun

Listed my faux bronze Primal Trex by Safari Ltd
https://www.ebay.com/itm/302804597612
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Libraraptor

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 08, 2018, 04:11:00 PM
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Seltene-Bullyland-Saurier/192592665801?hash=item2cd76adcc9:g:NDAAAOSwSwNbQiEK

Bullyland Edaphosaurus and Paratypothorax (!)
Worldwide shipping.
Good luck!

They are still there and cheap so who wants
a bargain?

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 17, 2018, 08:33:24 PM
Also a WWD Torosaurus for a reasonable price: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyway-Walking-With-Dinosaurs-Torosaurus-Used/332717169953

If anyone's considering buying this don't forget to read the description. I almost went on it but then I noticed the seller said that the horns have been repainted and matte clear coated.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Halichoeres

Oh, good catch. I hadn't read the entire description.

Halichoeres

postsaurischian

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 20, 2018, 10:13:04 PM
Play Visions Crassigyrinus:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-PlayVisions-Play-Visions-PV-Amphibian-prehistoric-animal-Crassigyrinus/202369738176

:o US $37.99 + US $46.00 international shipping for one rubber toy mini figure.
      Why are you showing this?
      We should not support crooks like this here (just my opinion)!

BlueKrono

Is it really $46 shipping for you? That's outrageous. I think for us in the U.S. it's just a few dollars.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Libraraptor

Quote from: BlueKrono on July 21, 2018, 06:36:02 AM
Is it really $46 shipping for you? That's outrageous. I think for us in the U.S. it's just a few dollars.

Yes,  it is ridiculous.  Boycott is the only answer.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 21, 2018, 06:13:55 AM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-PlayVisions-Play-Visions-PV-Amphibian-prehistoric-animal-Crassigyrinus/202369738176

..and the seller (Pretimes) is "Prehistoric Times", yes, the magazine..
Shipping costs from US to worldwide aren't cheap but 46USD...  :o ??

PhilSauria

Where the hell do they get these shipping costs?!!! This is one of the reasons that I hardly ever order from the US these days. Insanity.

UK

In fairness to Mike, he sells a large volume of items on ebay and has probably used a previous listing for a template. This might have been a significantly heavier item.

It's happened to my listings in the past and I've refunded the difference in the postage when I've realised. I'm sure the same would happen here. Message Mike about it if you want to bif, he is a reasonable person.

Halichoeres

Wow, I didn't see that. For me the postage is $6, which is a little high but not unreasonable if he's building in a little overhead. Sorry to disappoint, but if it helps I'd be happy to bid on someone's behalf and then forward the figure(s). But as UK said I expect Mike would adjust appropriately.

Simon

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on July 21, 2018, 08:27:09 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on July 21, 2018, 06:13:55 AM

..and the seller (Pretimes) is "Prehistoric Times", yes, the magazine..
Shipping costs from US to worldwide aren't cheap but 46USD...  :o ??

His US shipping rates are $5.95.  If you're interested, why not have a DTF member in the US purchase it for you and ship it to you overseas?  I don't sell on ebay anymore but the last time I did (in 2014, after a few years off), I know that I was SHOCKED at how much ebay was charging for International Shipping.  Their "Global" option made the seller use ebay's shipping service, which shipped everything to a central US location, then re-packaged it for shipping overseas, driving the costs into the STRATOSPHERE (I'm not kidding).

I suspect that is what is going on here, ebay frankly deserves it nickname "FEEbay".

Don't blame Mike.  He's not trying to rip anyone off ....

BrontoScorpio

Hi, Simon.
If you go in this listing and set your location to somewhere outside the US and hit the 'Get Rates' button -
you could see he is NOT using the GSP - but rather "USPS First Class Mail International / First Class Package International Service".
This method is considered to be the cheapest of all.

I think the problem with this seller is that he has poor technical knowledge of how to set his listings right -
and moreover - he is quite ignorent with respect to asking his post service for the right price.
I don't think there is any false intentions in his actions.

I bought from him once - and he did a terrible job in combining the shipping prices -
I later understood he just paid too much, using a different shipping method ( Priority express ) without even noticing this contradicts the method promissed.

I suspect he is over 60 and should get help with the International post techniques...

BlueKrono

I could say this about Mike, regardless of the shipping cost: I have purchased two things from him, and both arrived broken. The first was the irreplaceable Neoform Plesiosaurus, the most expensive figure I've ever purchased before this year. It arrived with a flipper snapped off in the package. I also ordered an unassembled Amargasaurus resin figure (I forget the artist). The spines arrived snapped into pieces too numerous to repair. The excuse was the same, some other guy packages his stuff and he doesn't oversee it, though you would think you might do so for a piece as rare as a NF. I'll give him this, he is friendly and professional enough, and he did give me a substantial refund on the plesiosaur and had the original sculptor form me new spines for the Amarga. But after that I wouldn't risk buying from him again.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

CityRaptor

Well, I only ever buy Preshistoric Times magazines from him. Although I haven't done so in a while. No specific reason. As for his age: He played with Marx Dinosaurs as a kid and read Roy Chapman Andrews' "All about Dinosaurs", so yeah, he is a bit on the older side...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

That's a bummer, BlueKrono. I've only ever bought PVC items from him, and those are harder to wreck in the mail.

SidB

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres - by the way, congratulations on reaching the 5000 post mark. Hope that the air isn't too thin that high up the mountain!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: