You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Stoneage Collection - Weird Scenes inside the Goldmine

Started by stoneage, March 23, 2012, 01:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneage

Back in the early days I bought every Museum related Dinosaur that came out.  There weren't as many options, since I hadn't discovered the internet yet.  There were Invicta, Carnegie, Bullyland and Schleich figures.  Schleich made a bunch of figures with ridiculous poses.  Kind of reminds me of the Starlux Dinosaurs.  Anyway I think this is arguably the worst one.  And to think this figure came out in 1994 at the same time as the first Battat figures.

Seijun

At least starlux dinos were more appealing to the eye, despite the poses  ;D
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

stoneage

Quote from: Seijun on March 28, 2012, 09:23:34 AM
At least starlux dinos were more appealing to the eye, despite the poses  ;D

I don't know have you ever seen the Starlux Santungosaure?

Seijun

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

stoneage

Just slightly better we have the Schleich Baryonyx!

stoneage

stoneage

arominger

wow those are great finds! ;D That brings back alot of memories!

stoneage

stoneage

stoneage

brontodocus

One of the Schleich ReplicaSaurus I'm still missing, even though it's retirement wasn't that long ago. :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

stoneage

Quote from: brontodocus on April 01, 2012, 11:49:57 PM
One of the Schleich ReplicaSaurus I'm still missing, even though it's retirement wasn't that long ago. :)

I think it would be easy to get, since I doubt it is much in demand!

brontodocus

Easy, yes, but even here in Germany it's always the same with Schleich: At the moment a figure gets retired it gets considerably more pricey, even shop owners seem to be increasingly aware of collectors and that's true for pretty much all Schleich figures, not just the dinosaurs. I don't know how much in demand it really is, though (and I'm not actively searching for it), but I have the feeling there are quite a few people in Germany who will buy anything as long as it's retired and from Schleich. It's funny, even on flea markets sellers mostly ignore any other manufacturer, if they're selling figures they make sure they won't give away Schleich for cheap. I've bought the Carnegie baby Apatosaurus on a flea market and the seller just looked at the text stamped onto it's belly and said "I have to check if it's Schleich, these will cost more. Oh, no, it isn't" and gave me the figure for a few cents.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

stoneage

Quote from: brontodocus on April 02, 2012, 12:44:39 AM
Easy, yes, but even here in Germany it's always the same with Schleich: At the moment a figure gets retired it gets considerably more pricey, even shop owners seem to be increasingly aware of collectors and that's true for pretty much all Schleich figures, not just the dinosaurs. I don't know how much in demand it really is, though (and I'm not actively searching for it), but I have the feeling there are quite a few people in Germany who will buy anything as long as it's retired and from Schleich. It's funny, even on flea markets sellers mostly ignore any other manufacturer, if they're selling figures they make sure they won't give away Schleich for cheap. I've bought the Carnegie baby Apatosaurus on a flea market and the seller just looked at the text stamped onto it's belly and said "I have to check if it's Schleich, these will cost more. Oh, no, it isn't" and gave me the figure for a few cents.

;)  Here's one on E-Bay    I must say I am surprized.  What a valuable investment I've made.

EmperorDinobot

I didn't know Schleich made an Ouranosaurus! It's kind of cute in a vintage-y sort of way.

stoneage

brontodocus

Quote from: stoneage on April 02, 2012, 02:25:49 AM
  ;)  Here's one on E-Bay    I must say I am surprized.  What a valuable investment I've made.
Now that's even more than they normally would cost nowadays! :o ;D But mostly they go for around €15 which is already about twice the original retail price.

stoneage

Schleich 2008 Allosaurus and 2006 Stegosaurus

Schleich Old Stegosaurus

stoneage

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: