You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Stoneage Collection - Weird Scenes inside the Goldmine

Started by stoneage, March 23, 2012, 01:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneage

:)  Here is a link to my collection on the old dtf:  http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=collections&action=display&thread=2366&page=1

I've added a new member to my Kinto Favorite Collection:  Spinosaurus

Tylosaurus

Plenty of nice stuff in there Stonage :) maybe you could post pics of your favorites in here, since that thread is 43 pages long rofl, just an idea ya there :)
I love this Polacanthus you have :

And I am always very happy to see this one in anyone's collection

That Spino would be a good mascot for the Dutch soccer team ! :P Very nice markings on it's sail too 8)

brontodocus

Yay, the Goldmine is back! :D
Self made cycads from conifer cones? That's a nice idea! :) Oh, and I must get me these display stands for the Plesiosaurus & Pteranodon, too, eventually.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

stoneage

Quote from: brontodocus on March 23, 2012, 07:20:42 AM
Yay, the Goldmine is back! :D
Self made cycads from conifer cones? That's a nice idea! :) Oh, and I must get me these display stands for the Plesiosaurus & Pteranodon, too, eventually.

:D  Then you can get the 4 Georamas!

stoneage

With the Knonosaurus which I recently recieved below, I now have all the Fauna Cast Marine Reptiles.  The Tylosaurus above is my favorite Tylo.  The picture really doesn't do it justice.

brontodocus

Quote from: stoneage on March 23, 2012, 09:17:06 PM

Oh, how could I forget about those? :o Oh, probably because they were always far out of reach - what were they sold for, like $200 each?
Sigh, and Malcolm's models are so gorgeous... :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Tylosaurus

That is one sweet Tylo Stoneage!

Very exciting colors too 8) Although my fav is this one done by Shane Foulkes:
http://stores.homestead.com/hstrial-Dliebman2/-strse-151/Tylosaurus-Resin-Kit-by/Detail.bok

Which is the most up to date model of the Tylosaurus Proriger :)
I do plan on getting one of those too someday hehe, how eevr the one you have is also very tempting 8)

stoneage

Quote from: brontodocus on March 24, 2012, 12:15:45 AM
Quote from: stoneage on March 23, 2012, 09:17:06 PM

Oh, how could I forget about those? :o Oh, probably because they were always far out of reach - what were they sold for, like $200 each?
Sigh, and Malcolm's models are so gorgeous... :)

:)  Can you buy them here?  http://www.bhigr.com/store/product.php?productid=383

brontodocus

Oh, it was not the shipping from overseas but rather the $200 which made them out of reach for me... :-\

stoneage

Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 24, 2012, 12:18:44 AM
That is one sweet Tylo Stoneage!

Very exciting colors too 8) Although my fav is this one done by Shane Foulkes:
http://stores.homestead.com/hstrial-Dliebman2/-strse-151/Tylosaurus-Resin-Kit-by/Detail.bok

Which is the most up to date model of the Tylosaurus Proriger :)
I do plan on getting one of those too someday hehe, how eevr the one you have is also very tempting 8)

That really is a great figure.  But this is all so much more affordable.

ZoPteryx

Great collection Stoneage!  I love all of those Kintos! :o

stoneage

Quote from: Zopteryx on March 24, 2012, 03:28:20 AM
Great collection Stoneage!  I love all of those Kintos! :o

Yes the Kinto Favorite Collection is one of my favorites, just like Battat, or Invicta

stoneage

Here are some Fauna Cast Supersaurus pictures.

stoneage

Now I'd like to show my much maligned Schleich Collection.  Below is the Schleich Playworld Dinosaurs often found in department stores like Target etc.

Tylosaurus

That Supersaurus is awesome Stoneage :) nice details too, did you paint it like that? Or was it painted by someone else?  Hmm, I still have to find out such things as such sculptures go :)

stoneage

Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 26, 2012, 02:50:55 AM
That Supersaurus is awesome Stoneage :) nice details too, did you paint it like that? Or was it painted by someone else?  Hmm, I still have to find out such things as such sculptures go :)

It's a Fauna Cast sculpt which was painted by Malcolm (Dinonikes).

Tylosaurus

Ah oke he did a superb job at it too, so you buy it first and then you ship it to him, he paints it and he ships it back to you? or how does this go?
I need to know before I take on any type of model like this :)  Since my paining skills aren't that great, so before I take on something like the Shane Foulkes Tylo some tips might be handy hehe. :)

stoneage

Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 26, 2012, 03:03:11 AM
Ah oke he did a superb job at it too, so you buy it first and then you ship it to him, he paints it and he ships it back to you? or how does this go?
I need to know before I take on any type of model like this :)  Since my paining skills aren't that great, so before I take on something like the Shane Foulkes Tylo some tips might be handy hehe. :)

Malcolm did it all.  He has a thread here and I'm sure he would be happy to answer your questions if you PM him.

stoneage

In 2006 Schleich added two WWD inspired figures.

Allosaurus which has a nice head but is otherwise inaccurate.

And a really nice model of Anhanguera.  I've included the Schleich human figure to show size but not scale.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: