News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

:)  Amargasaurus quartet
                                                                                     they're hungry!

SEGA                                                Battat                      CollectA                          Safari

Simon

It is a beautiful sculpt ... but I just can't get past the "new interpretation" of the back spines.  I am sorry but it just looks ... so ... aesthetically wrong ...

Gwangi

Quote from: Simon on June 28, 2012, 04:05:54 PM
It is a beautiful sculpt ... but I just can't get past the "new interpretation" of the back spines.  I am sorry but it just looks ... so ... aesthetically wrong ...

I'm not fond of it myself, the teeth kind of freak me out. I'm still in love with the Carnegie model, it was one of the first sauropods I got and is still a favorite. If it is the only amarga I ever own I'll still be happy. That group shot is really fantastic though. What brand is the amarga with the head lowered on the left?

postsaurischian

Quote from: Gwangi on June 28, 2012, 04:10:38 PM
What brand is the amarga with the head lowered on the left?

^-^   It's the SEGA Vignetteum Amargasaurus

copper

that trike looks really beautiful : )

by the way, do you know any tiktaalik models that could be purchased from somewhere? i didn't see razh00's model listed on his shapeways site.

Gwangi

postsaurischian

Quote from: copper on June 28, 2012, 05:18:11 PM
do you know any tiktaalik models that could be purchased from somewhere? i didn't see razh00's model listed on his shapeways site.

Unfortunately razh00 put the Tiktaalik down because of some defects :(.
Mine was also a bit damaged at the belly, but Martin repaired that.
Maybe razh00 could redo it, I think it's one of his best models. And there aren't a lot of Tiktaalik figures around. The only other one I know of is by Hirokazu Tokugawa and almost impossible to get these days.

copper

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 28, 2012, 11:06:29 PM
Unfortunately razh00 put the Tiktaalik down because of some defects :(.
Mine was also a bit damaged at the belly, but Martin repaired that.
Maybe razh00 could redo it, I think it's one of his best models. And there aren't a lot of Tiktaalik figures around. The only other one I know of is by Hirokazu Tokugawa and almost impossible to get these days.

yeah tokugawa's model would be awesome to own. maybe i should try sculpting one myself, i've been thinking a species to sculpt and now i think i've found it : )

postsaurischian

Quote from: copper on June 30, 2012, 09:30:50 AM
....... i've been thinking a species to sculpt and now i think i've found it : )

Make sure to show us the result :)!
:D  Meanwhile a package from you has arrived and well, .... here it is .......

:)  Bullyland  Mastodonsaurus (repainted by copper)  :)

"Attracted?"

ZoPteryx

It's amazing what a good paint job can do! Congrats! :))

Bokisaurus

Amazing new addition ;) Now that the figure is back in production, I can repaint my old one ;D

sauroid

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 02, 2012, 09:49:36 PM

Re: Mastodonosaurus

the male in breeding/spawning color
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

postsaurischian

^-^  Kaiyodo Dinotales Collection 1:20 Allosaurus (originally sculpted by Matsumura Shinobu)
                                      >  actually it's a repainted (and partly resculpted) version of their Dinoland Allosaurus

in comparison with the original model (can you spot the differences?):

sauroid

the teeth are different

gorgeous Allosaurus (both vers.)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Metallisuchus

sauroid

yeah even the eyes are different.

brontodocus

Aaaah! :o ;D
So I've been away for just a week or two and I cannot really catch up with all your new treasures, Helge! 8) Where's my breath? ;D
Maybe I should start with - the Dinoland Triceratops, such a great job Martin Garratt did (as always)! Well, you told me you like blue dinosaurs and I completely understand. :) And then Copper's repaint of the Mastodonsaurus, another real treasure and it looks so natural!
So you've bought the green Allosaurus? I've just received the brown version yesterday (took over one week in customs >:( ) and I'm not so sure if I shouldn't have better bought the green one instead (or both). :'( Anyways, I really like the contrasting colours on this one! :)

EDIT: Oh, and Helge, one more thing I forgot to ask - where can I get the photographer figure from the photos with the 1/20 Dinoland Triceratops?

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

postsaurischian

:)  Thanks for the comments, guys.

Yes, the Allosaurus' head sculpt has gone through some changes. The teeth, the nostrils, the eyes (actually the whole area around the eyes has been resculpted) and if you have a close look at the upper left "lip" for example, it seems that some scale details have been lost throughout the recasting process.
The rest of the body is pretty much identical. The whole new model is a little bit smaller (the old one doesn't fit in the new box) and the vinyl material is softer. The new paintjob is awesome! But is it me who's seeing wrong colours or the people at Kaiyodo. To me the Allosaurus is yellow with a white belly and a brown back. Not that I would complain, I think I like it even better than green :).

@ Andre: Good to see you back! I was starting to worry ;D. Vacation?

Quote from: brontodocus on July 04, 2012, 09:57:36 PM
....... where can I get the photographer figure from the photos with the 1/20 Dinoland Triceratops?

That's Camera Man Scott from American Diorama's 1:18 figure series. It's a painted resin figure.

brontodocus

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 05, 2012, 12:35:22 AM
@ Andre: Good to see you back! I was starting to worry ;D . Vacation?
Not yet (we'll be away the first two weeks in August, though), currently I'm a little busy with preparing new, more torturing tests for our students. >:D I've just found time to check here every two days or so to check my PM inbox. Things will be easier by Thursday next week (for me, not for the students ;D ).
Quote from: postsaurischian on July 05, 2012, 12:35:22 AM
That's Camera Man Scott from American Diorama's 1:18 figure series. It's a painted resin figure.
Ah, thanks, I've put it on my watch list. :) There seem to be lots of other 1/18 figures. Oh, but one should beware, some guys are selling Safari Ltd. people as diorama figures for $10-15 each... :o ;)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

postsaurischian

:)  Fauna Casts 1:40  Moschops
                                                     originally sculpted by 'dinonikes', painted by Martin Garratt
                                                          > with thanks to 'scalemonster' from whom I got this one.
                                                  Actually my first Fauna Casts model (and my first Moschops generally).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: