News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Two comments in one now

1. Helge by writing they belong to my holy grails I did Not mean I own them...sighs... :-(
2. Impressive book collection!

Shonisaurus

Especially I like glut books are very expensive at least cost 300 € is a fortune of books.

Reptilia

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 03, 2017, 09:34:07 PM
Quote from: Reptilia on October 03, 2017, 08:29:34 PM
Didn't know the Favorite softmodel mammoth, quite nice indeed. Is it a woolly mammoth or a steppe mammoth?

It's supposed to be a Woolly Mammoth. You can also see it here.

Thanks! I've been through all your collection thread once, but I somehow missed it, or maybe just forgot about. It's very nice, I may consider to buy it actually, cause I'd love to expand my mammoth range. Goes in my wishlist with the Eofauna one, of course.

Mironimus

Beautiful models.
:-)

Urzeitshop - dinosaur online shop from germany
https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/
Telegram: t.me/urzeitshop
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Urzeitshop

Mironimus

Nice collection of books.
What a pity that there are not so many serious books about dinosaurs in german language.

postsaurischian

Hi Miron, nice models! But this is my collection thread :).
Could you please delete the pics here and show them in another thread?
Thanks!

Mironimus

Okay, no problem.
I didn't know where else to post the YouTube clips of the painted models.

Ravonium

Quote from: Mironimus on October 07, 2017, 08:21:22 PM
Okay, no problem.
I didn't know where else to post the YouTube clips of the painted models.

In that case, you can just start your own thread about these painted models. Several other sellers of models have done this in the past.

Mironimus

postsaurischian

Quote from: Lanthanotus on October 03, 2017, 09:58:06 PM
"Rise of Amphibians" and "Seismosaurus" sound interesting.... could you tell a bit about them, would you recommend them?

I bought the Seismosaurus book very cheap. It is written in layman's terms and has some nice illustrations - not too many.
I found it funny to have a hardcover book about just one species. I haven't read it yet.

"The Rise of Amphibians" is much more a scientific book, abundant with mainly skeletal illustrations in black and white.
There's a 10 page section at the center of the book with beautiful colour plates. The overall style of the book is comparable
with the Glut Dinosaurs encyclopedias. I would recommend it to every advanced prehistoric amphibian lover.

Quote from: Libraraptor on October 03, 2017, 10:04:18 PM
Helge by writing they belong to my holy grails I did Not mean I own them...sighs... :-(

Oops, I got that wrong :-[.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 03, 2017, 10:11:20 PM
Especially I like glut books are very expensive at least cost 300 € is a fortune of books.

They had been on amazon.de for € 125 - 150 for years, but not anymore.
Either they're out of print or amazon.de sees no sense in offering them anymore.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

¤  A small selection of Deinonychus figures  ¤

:)
                       1. Colorata version 1   2. Colorata version 2   3. Kaiyodo Dinotales - Dino expo 2002 version   4. Kaiyodo Dinotales No.49
                              5. Colorata version 3   6. Kabaya   7. Favorite metal model   8. Favorite soft model   9. Shapeways - Aaron Doyle

Reptilia

Small selection?! These are more dromaeosaurs than I will ever have, but I do not count as a proper collector. The Shapeways is so beautiful, I always wonder how 3D printed figures look and feel in hand. Do they give a sense of fragility?

Lanthanotus

I only own a small 3D printed Edaphosaurus and it feels very light and fragile, even when compared with Kaiyodo figures for example. However, it is finely detailed and has singly sculpted tiny claws which clung to my hand several times when handling and painting and none broke of, so I guess "strong white flexible" means just that. Due to the relatively high price I did not dare testing that thoroughly though.

Reptilia

Durability is what bothers me the most in this hobby, I'm already concerned with PVC figures and the damage heat can do them, I think I'd be super protective if I were collecting 3D printed models.

amargasaurus cazaui

It is really simple, honestly . Shapeways 3D type figures are not toys and do not have the same...playability as more mainstream marketed figures. They tend to be more brittle, like a plastic model car or plane might. The majority of my shapeways pieces reside in glass enclosed areas, and do not see much handling , similar to my resin pieces for most of the same reasons. As long as your goal is simply to view the model, and handling is not essential, shapeways pieces are fine, but otherwise you are far better off with a collecta or safari type piece.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Kaprosaurus

The Dino Expo Dinotales Deinonychus looks gorgeous :o

postsaurischian

:)  Thanks for the comments!

Quote from: Lanthanotus on October 03, 2017, 09:58:06 PM
"Rise of Amphibians" ..... sounds interesting.... could you tell a bit about it ..... ?

These four pages are representative of the whole book:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:D  group of 1:2 Diplocaulus in different developmental stages  :D
                                                     sculpted by Matt Manit after Charlie McGrady, painted by Martin Garratt

Two nebby minis are stopping by (Play Visions & Kaiyodo Dinotales No.14b)

..... ridin' on the big one's back .....

Lanthanotus

Thanks for the reply on the books.... Rise of Amphibinas "still" looks nice.... as a field guide for modern herpetologists :)

Damn, quite an investment you made there, Helge, but a nice one indeed. For my taste it would have been better to give the younglings a more drab coloration than the adults, nevertheless an impressive piece.  :) You put it to a wall as suggested by the artist or lay it flat as the natural pose would be?

RobinGoodfellow

..well, if nothing else, that gorgeous group of Diplocaulus is into a super collection now.. congrats  ^-^

postsaurischian

Quote from: Lanthanotus on October 22, 2017, 05:27:32 PM
....... You put it to a wall as suggested by the artist or lay it flat as the natural pose would be?

It's already hanging on my living room wall - because of space issues and because it also looks very nice this way (upright as in the first pic).

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on October 22, 2017, 05:53:53 PM
..well, if nothing else, that gorgeous group of Diplocaulus is into a super collection now.. congrats  ^-^

Thanks, Fabio! I'm not regretting anything ;D.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In case anyone is interested, these are the two different sculpts:

1. Charlie McGrady 1:1 original (picture © Charlie McGrady / CM Studio)

2. Matt Manit 1:2 version authorized by Charlie McGrady (picture © Miron Seffzek / Urzeitshop)

tyrantqueen

The group of Diplocaulus gives me the heebie jeebies. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic model and beautifully painted, but I'm getting a spider's nest kind of vibe from it. Lol :))

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: