News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

He looks very at home in the shots on that fantastic base. It displays him to great advantage!

Shonisaurus

Every day I am more in love with the safari dinosaurs. The dimetrodon is very nice and super cool. Without being a resin figure like Schleich's psittacosaurus.

That violet color sincerely gives more beauty to the figure. On the other hand, in front of the criticism of many members of the forum I applaud that in this case the dimetrodon has such a colorful candle. It is a detailed and hyper-realistic figure like resin figures.

Honestly I am punished for the customs service. I have not yet reached any figure, or any package. Surely I have retained customs and with the parties ... it is very difficult that these figures reach their destination. But the truth with these photos I serve "to open mouth"  :P of what awaits me in a few days.

I congratulate you postchaurichian for your new acquisitions. You are a lucky person.  :)

Jose S.M.

Did the color scheme of Dimetrodon was changed? It looks different to me, darker. I like it.

Joey

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on December 23, 2017, 10:02:19 PM
Did the color scheme of Dimetrodon was changed? It looks different to me, darker. I like it.
Might have, I like it better too because of the darker coloration.

PhilSauria

As always good to see images of the actual product; just wish these figures would hurry up and make their way to Australia. I refuse to pay some of the insane shipping rates to bring them in from OS, that's if they'll even send here.

postsaurischian

:) Thanks for the comments! I don't think the Dimetrodon's colours are too bad, but I like the figure
       so much that it's going to be displayed in my 1:20 collection. Therefore it's getting garrattized.

Quote from: PhilSauria on December 23, 2017, 10:13:15 PM
....... just wish these figures would hurry up and make their way to Australia. .......

Minizoo already has some and should have the rest soon ;).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:D  Wild Safari 1:45 Malawisaurus

next to Favorite's Tambatitanis:

DinoToyForum

Shonisaurus

The malawisaurus looks better so in your promotional photos.  :) The pupils of the eyes are more perfect and remove the halo hieratismo that had the promotional figure. The colors of the figure are better in general terms and you can see details such as wrinkles, plaques, muscles that were not appreciated in the initial figures. Although the size is not large it is medium to the naked eye, it has great beauty. But sincerely, I still love the amargasaurus of the same company as the malawisaurus.

It is appreciated by Safari that has marketed a so rare sauropod in the toy market. I believe that it is one of the only figures that exist in the market today.

Apart from good modeling I like how well that figure is painted. I sincerely like the good paint combination. He is a awesome figure.  8)

PhilSauria

Yeah, great set of images! Yes, some of the new Safaris are up at MZ (been away on a cruise for the last two weeks so a bit of a catch up required - can you believe no internet!?). Terrific job with the new Sauropod from Safari, my only disappointment as always with Sauropod figures is when they are a little on the smaller side but that's a minor issue and just my response so no reflection on the high quality product we see here.

BlueKrono

Yes, those are some real osteoderms. Looks like I'm going to have to pick up this figure after all!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Reptilia

I don't know if it's your photographer skills or if the figure is actually good, but I sort of like the Malawisaurus. I particularly like the closed mouth, with lips. Still I think a more conservative colour scheme would have helped. Great shot the human + Dimetrodon too, I assume it is an accurate scale between a man and Dimetrodon grandis.

ZoPteryx

Great photos of these new figures!

postsaurischian

:) Thank you all for the comments!

Quote from: Reptilia on December 24, 2017, 11:49:26 AM
I don't know if it's your photographer skills or if the figure is actually good, but I sort of like the Malawisaurus. .......

I say it is a good figure, in my opinion the best of the mysterious sculptor's three sauropods for Wild Safari.
   What a pity that it is the smallest.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:D  Wild Safari 1:20 Anzu wyliei

next to a 1:20 Charles Darwin:

next to Schleich's Oviraptor:

Lanthanotus

Nice photos.... what I do not like about that Anzu (next to the colors) is how straigt and abruptly the feathers from the fingers fold beneath the feathers of the arm, it makes it look like a joint on an animatronic model. The Schleich got that so much better.

Where do you get all those human figures from.... that black women next to the Malawisaurus is not a H0 model, isn't it?

Shonisaurus

Each figure of each brand has its greatness. The Safari anzu has the audacity not to put the figure in a fully tripod pose (ie, the body is supported on the tail), its colors are brighter, and its feathers are very detailed. He is a great figure.

That does not mean that Schleich's oviraptor is such a great figure from my point of view, although it remains tripod. His colors are much more opaque and conservative but I can say that he has very detailed feathers and has correctly placed his teeth . They both make a good team.

Both are very good figures and I would not know which one to stay with, both I like to rage.  :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: Lanthanotus on December 25, 2017, 07:37:58 PM
Where do you get all those human figures from.... that black women next to the Malawisaurus is not a H0 model, isn't it?

The Charles Darwin figure is from an evolution set made by Accoutrements.
Every figure (from fish to human) in this set has a Charles Darwin face :).

See Reply #147 about the praying black woman:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=152.msg20368#msg20368

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 25, 2017, 07:58:47 PM
....... Schleich's oviraptor is such a great figure from my point of view, although it remains tripod. His colors are much more opaque and conservative but I can say that he has very detailed feathers and has correctly placed his teeth . They both make a good team. .......

I like the Anzu better, but the Oviraptor is also pretty nice - for a Schleich Dinosaur it's a great figure.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)  Schleich Oviraptor

Ravonium

Good photos as always. I seem to like the Safari Ltd Anzu a bit more everytime I see someone post a photo of it

The Schleich Oviraptor has worse paint app than the promo image (as I expected) and the pose looks a bit statue-like, but I still think it is miles better than any other mass produced Oviraptor/Citipati figure available.

Joey

I'm interested what the Schleich Oviraptor will look like next to Safari's feathered Velociraptor, because the Oviraptor seems to be almost warding off predators from presumably it's nest.

postsaurischian

:)   Wild Safari 1:30  Macrauchenia and American Mastodon  (the latter originally sculpted by Doug Watson)

Macrauchenia pair ~ Wild Safari (left) & Schleich (right)

PhilSauria

Great images, thanks. I have the Schleich Macrauchenia and was wondering how this new arrival would size up along side it - looks like they will make a fine display, thanks again for the comparison.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: