News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: Seijun on July 11, 2013, 07:03:17 PM
Oh nice!! Where did you find that!?

A friend of mine bought it directly at the museum.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:D   Shapeways 1:40 Quetzalcoatlus (WSF) by Aaron Doyle (painted by Martin Garratt)

ITdactyl

Libraraptor

A retro Iguanodon made of heavy metal from the National Museum of Nature and Science in Tokyo ^-^

That one is really great, beautiful!!! Drool!!!

docronnie

Your's is a bit detailed. The metal Plesiosaur that I saw was not detailed enough, but it has the label.  Congrats!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

postsaurischian

Quote from: ITdactyl on July 12, 2013, 02:48:53 PM
[Aaron Doyle Quetzacoatlus] I think my heart just stopped.....

Martin did a wonderful job ;D!

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 12, 2013, 03:07:04 PM
That one [retro Iguanodon] is really great, beautiful!!! Drool!!!

....... ancient charme :).

Quote from: docronnie on July 12, 2013, 07:09:06 PM
Your's is a bit detailed. The metal Plesiosaur that I saw was not detailed enough, but it has the label.  Congrats!  :)

Oh, I'd like to see the metal plesiosaur! I only know about one other figure of this line - a Tarbosaurus.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:D   Shapeways 1:40 Pachyrhinosaurus (WSF) by Aaron Doyle  (painted by Martin Garratt)

docronnie

Your peices are really a thing of beauty!  :)

Sadly, I could not buy the metal Plesiosaur, because someone else bought it and he's not a collector.  He just showed it to me.

BTW I bought an Allosaurus, which I believe is made by Kaiyodo, but I'm not sure.  I posted it on the identification thread.  May I ask for your opinion regarding it.  Thanks!  :)

Jetoar

Wonderful Pachyrhinosaurus  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

Quote from: Jetoar on July 13, 2013, 01:46:06 PM
Wonderful Pachyrhinosaurus  ^-^.

It is indeed :).

Quote from: docronnie on July 13, 2013, 05:30:22 AM
BTW I bought an Allosaurus, which I believe is made by Kaiyodo, but I'm not sure.  I posted it on the identification thread.  May I ask for your opinion regarding it.  Thanks!  :)

As you already know you were right - it's from the Dinoland 100mm series. They're all wonderful :)! You can see them on that old Kaiyodo ad at the very bottom of this post .......

....... well, here's my latest acquisition from that line:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:D  Kaiyodo Dinoland 1:35* running Tyrannosaurus rex

>>  built up & painted by Martin Garratt
              >>  with special thanks to Seijun who helped me to get it from a U.S. seller who didn't want to ship internationally

..... the 'head-up' alternation was my personal wish - so don't blame Martin for that ;)!

* ... standing next to Papo's running Tyrannosaurus, which is about 1:35. The Dinoland model is 45 cm long and about 1:30.

tyrantqueen

I have this kit too...it's beautiful but massive :o Congrats.

I see it advertised as a 1/35 kit..but it definitely doesn't feel like one. It's more like a 1/30 instead...

Everything_Dinosaur

Looks big that's for sure, wouldn't like to be the person in front of it.

docronnie

Thanks postsaurischian and Thanks too, for the Kaiyodo ad!  :)

That running T. rex is awesome!  I like the way you placed that human figure in front of it. Hehehe!

postsaurischian

Another Paleocraft mammal for the collection:

:)  Sean Cooper's 1:16 Glyptotherium

Libraraptor

Now that Glyptodon is really a beautiful piece! How big is it compared to the Invicta Glyptodon?

brontodocus

Whoa, I should have checked here more often... :-[ Brilliant new (and not so new) additions, Helge! :) The Dinoland Tyrannosaurus looks great with its aggressive colouration. The Paleocraft Arsinoitherium and Glyptotherium are great, too. But I guess my favourite is Aaron Doyle's Quetzalcoatlus, really amazing! :o :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 14, 2013, 10:20:34 PM
Now that Glyptodon is really a beautiful piece! How big is it compared to the Invicta Glyptodon?

It's much larger - 22 cm long and 13,5 cm high.

Quote from: brontodocus on July 16, 2013, 08:14:35 AM
Whoa, I should have checked here more often... :-[ Brilliant new (and not so new) additions, Helge! :) The Dinoland Tyrannosaurus looks great with its aggressive colouration. The Paleocraft Arsinoitherium and Glyptotherium are great, too. But I guess my favourite is Aaron Doyle's Quetzalcoatlus, really amazing! :o :)

Thanks, Andre :).
Yes, the Quetzalcoatlus is an exceptional beauty. I'm still impressed when I look at it. Martin exceled himself once again!

postsaurischian

^-^  Kabaya Seismosaurus (re-painted by copper)

Libraraptor

ITdactyl

That is one beautiful sauropod! What scale is it in? 'Always been an admirer of your collection. It's great how you highlight each figure.

...and now a fan of copper's as well. Wow, just wow. Looks handpainted. Makes the original look really naked. Murgle murgle *spasms, dies*

postsaurischian

:) Thanks for the comments! Copper's paintjobs are of extraordinary beauty.

Quote from: ITdactyl on July 27, 2013, 05:15:29 AM
That is one beautiful sauropod! What scale is it in? .......

The human scale figure (it's Alan Grant by Manuel Bejarano) is in 1:72.
I would class the Seismosaurus with approximately that scale.

sauroid

wow! that kabaya seismosaurus looks great as it is in its original paintjob but looks totally awesome when it got repainted
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: