News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebuloid

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 20, 2013, 08:10:03 PM

:D  Dimetrodon beauty!

>  Papo

Love that picture ! Good to see you're enjoying yours, I'm enjoying mine.  ;)

postsaurischian

:)   David Krentz 'Saurozoic Collection' 1:40 Tyrannosaurus rex  (painted by Martin Garratt)

sauroid

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 20, 2013, 08:10:03 PM

:D  Dimetrodon beauty!

they look great together.

i gotta get the Papo Dimetrodon to pair up with my Carnegie Dimetrodon
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Krentz rex looks stunning. It looks almost like DK shrank a real tyrannosaurus down to miniature scale :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: sauroid on August 22, 2013, 10:20:21 PM
i gotta get the Papo Dimetrodon to pair up with my Carnegie Dimetrodon

I'm very pleased that they are in about the same scale :).

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 22, 2013, 11:41:05 PM
Krentz rex looks stunning. It looks almost like DK shrank a real tyrannosaurus down to miniature scale :)

Yes, David Krentz is the master of Tyrannosaur modeling!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)  Shapeways 1:40 Cryolophosaurus
                                                       designed by Andrew Sides (gorgonzola), painted by Martin Garratt

Bokisaurus

beautiful new additions as always ;)

Gwangi

That Tyrannosaurus has to be one of the best reproductions I've seen and the Cryolophosaurus, such a bizarre looking animal, the model captures that aspect well.

Libraraptor

What a great Cryolophosaurus! And the two Dimetrodons go very well together, too!

postsaurischian

:) Thanks for the comments, guys!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now back to the toys section:

:)  Toyway WWD Leaellynasaura
                                                               (with special thanks to tyrantqueen from whom I got it)

... taking out the Animals Of Australia chicks ...

Battatitan

I have been away from this thread for too long - incredible additions! The Tyrannosaurus and Cryolophosaurus are stunning.
Congratulations on the Leaellynasaura, it's a great figure.  ;D

tyrantqueen

Glad that you're enjoying the Leaellynasaura. It's really weird seeing a model that you used to own thousands of miles away owned by someone else :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 04, 2013, 04:42:59 PM
It's really weird seeing a model that you used to own thousands of miles away owned by someone else :)

:) He, he ... I know that feeling ... and I like it.

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 04, 2013, 04:42:59 PM
Glad that you're enjoying the Leaellynasaura. It's really weird seeing a model that you used to own thousands of miles away owned by someone else :)

And considering most of these models were made in China, many of them are more well traveled than most humans I know. I have models that were made in China, bought in the United States and then sent to places like Germany, Brazil and Australia!

Libraraptor

Why didn´t you enter the diorama contest with your last Leaellynasaura - picture?!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Libraraptor on September 07, 2013, 05:09:56 PM
Why didn´t you enter the diorama contest with your last Leaellynasaura - picture?!

Because there's too much light in it and because the scene didn't work out as I wanted.

Everytime I took pictures on the outside this year I thought about the two diorama contests, but either I found too many flaws or I was too impatient to hold them back ;D.

On the other hand there is this discussion about a photo taken on the outside not being a 'diorama' (which is actually true).
No! I don't want to take part in this discussion, and no, I don't want it to happen here in my collection thread ;D.

postsaurischian

Finally after decades, my Invicta Dinosaur collection is complete.
                                                                       thanks to 'Invicta Hunter' (who else?)!

:D  Stenonychosaurus (Troodon)

docronnie

Congratulations!  One of the things that most collectors dream of. :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Jetoar

Congratulations for you and for this amazing figure  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

:)   Shapeways 1:15 Deinonychus by Aaron Doyle (painted by copper)

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: