News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

I love them all, they're so pretty :) In my opinion, this is the best depiction of Diabloceratops I've seen. The posture and colouration are great.

Jetoar

Very nice and tiny figure  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

Quote from: Jetoar on November 02, 2013, 09:52:20 AM
Very nice and tiny figure  ^-^.

They're little gems ^-^.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 02, 2013, 08:14:53 AM
In my opinion, this is the best depiction of Diabloceratops I've seen.

I agree ... and I also really like Fabio Pastori's resin figure.

Quote from: Simon on November 02, 2013, 01:58:49 AM
Pretty, but if they are like the TRex set from last year, they are smaller than the Kabaya Araki pieces which are the center of my small collection ... a pity ...

Yes, same size. The human scale figures are the same, just black instead of white.

I like this set even a bit more than the first T. rex set of this Capsule Q series. I can't wait to see what will be next. We have a theropod and a ceratopsian, so I guess next will be either an ornithopod, a sauropod or a thyreophoran.
My guesses: Parasaurolophus, Brachiosaurus and Stegosaurus. I wonder what the 'latest discovery - figures' will be then ^-^.

I'm really happy that Kaiyodo is back in the Dinotales business and to take part 'live' this time (avoiding to pay exaggerated prices in the future ;D).

sauroid

your photos make the Kaiyodo Ceratopsians look even more beautiful
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Libraraptor

I especially love the picture with the two Troodons in comparison! Both are incredibly beautiful, but the David Krentz version is nothing less than one of the best dinosaur figures that have ever been made!

postsaurischian

:) Thanks sauroid and Stefan.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)  Matt Manit Protoceratops  joins  David Krentz Styracosaurus

appropriate pictures of the Protoceratops, which is built-up & painted by Martin Garratt, will follow soon.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

I love them. Incredible models and paint job.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

amargasaurus cazaui

Gorgeous models, I really love the patterning and colors used for the Protoceratops. Really nice Helge, Martin just continues to dazzle.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 29, 2013, 04:19:05 PM
  :)  Thanks for the comments, guys!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

8)  David Krentz 1:10 Troodon
                >  built-up & painted by Martin Garratt  :D!

Last pic: *Tears of Joy, followed by a chorus of sniffles* How much they've grown! :'(*Continues crying and sniffling*

PS- I really want to see Mr.Doyle's Yutyrannus painted by Copper of Mr.Garrat-Whoever you want! I just really want to see a painted  version! ;)
-Zhuchengotyrant

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

:)  Matt Manit 1:10  Protoceratops
                                                                            built-up & painted by Martin Garratt

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Wow. Really quite incredible!
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Roselaar

Very good! But isn't the proportion of the jaws compared to the rest of the head and body a little out of sync?

amargasaurus cazaui

I almost bought one of these pieces, but the more I studied it, for my eyes at least it appears the head is much enlarged, and very thin in cross section...almost a V shape when you study it. The legs to me at least appear far too elongated and slender, and the body cavity is seemingly smaller and looks starved....ie the term shink wrapped, or emacciated.
This does nothing to negate the stunning build and paint up Martin has done with it however. My final thought before deciding against the dinosaur was that perhaps it could be a juvenile in which case the proportions, body shape, and skull size would work. At that point the seller seems to have jumped ship from the forum so I abandoned the idea.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Aaron Doyle

That Protoceratops is a beautiful model, but it does look really thin and the ear in the temporal fenestra is a painful mistake (One I also made myself when I initially sculpted my Protoceratops) given how solid the anatomy is otherwise. 

postsaurischian

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on December 02, 2013, 03:50:13 PM
Wow. Really quite incredible!

Thanks for the comment. I'm loving this model a lot :)!

tyrantqueen

Very nice and gracile looking Protoceratops. But the head does look a bit too big for the rest of the body....I know Proto was an odd looking creature, but it does seem strange.

QuoteAt that point the seller seems to have jumped ship from the forum so I abandoned the idea.
So the situation was never resolved? I also bought a Protoceratops from the guy, and actually did receive it, but I understand many other people didn't receive their orders. So is he a scammer? I don't mean to derail Postsaurischian's thread, just wondering.

radman

comment deleted

tyrantqueen

Quote from: radman on December 03, 2013, 02:02:01 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 03, 2013, 08:52:43 AM
Very nice and gracile looking Protoceratops. But the head does look a bit too big for the rest of the body....I know Proto was an odd looking creature, but it does seem strange.

QuoteAt that point the seller seems to have jumped ship from the forum so I abandoned the idea.
So the situation was never resolved? I also bought a Protoceratops from the guy, and actually did receive it, but I understand many other people didn't receive their orders. So is he a scammer? I don't mean to derail Postsaurischian's thread, just wondering.

I never received my Allosaurus from this bozo (at this point I'm not sure if it's a man or a woman), but apparently they have ripped off a bunch of people.  Many false promises of delivery and extra bonuses for being patient later, I filed a dispute with Paypal and hopefully will get my money back  :-\
I think they sold off their available stock to the first buyers and then continued to sell models they didn't have once the money started rolling in.  Anyway, sorry to derail your thread, H, I will delete this message and repost it later in the appropriate place, right now I just want to warn folks not to send this person any money at this juncture.  Will update when things are resolved.
Looks like I was one of the lucky ones :-[ Sorry to hear about you getting ripped off. I'm glad that PayPal protects buyers against this sort of thing.

postsaurischian

The "Stone troll studios" discussion can be continued here.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: