News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

amargasaurus cazaui

I admit I am quite fond of that trike, both its sculpt and beyond that Martin's paint up. Gorgeous piece Helge, stunning.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

postsaurischian

:) Thanks for the comments - pics should be up again around January, 28th.

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on January 15, 2014, 08:55:06 AM
I admit I am quite fond of that trike, both its sculpt and beyond that Martin's paint up.

I would highly recommend the DS Triceratops. Some may say the horns are too long. ... I like it this way :).
I bought it back in the days when it was only available directly from Dinosaur Studio and I had to wait for about 4 months.
The fact that Dan's Dinosaurs is selling their models now makes it much more comfortable I'd say ;).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here's a nice little gem I got from a trade with Seijun (thanks!) :):

>  Kaiyodo Dinometal  Iguanodon

....... compared to Kaiyodo's Dinotales Iguanodon:

postsaurischian

....... and the second figure from the same chocolate box set:

^-^  Kaiyodo Dinometal  Allosaurus

....... compared to Kaiyodo's Dinotales Allosaurus:

ITdactyl

hmmm... so it was just the color turning me off the iguanodon and allosaurus (sudden urge to acquire and repaint).

Thanks for sharing.

postsaurischian

^-^  UHA Collect Club No.001  Saurolophus

L]

.... stalked by UHA Collect Club No.007 Tarbosaurus ....

postsaurischian

^-^  UHA Collect Club No.008  Velociraptor

^-^  UHA Collect Club No.004  Protoceratops

.... classic battle ....

Libraraptor

One of the most vivid Protoceratops I´ve ever seen. Such a great scene. And we all know how the story went on...

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

docronnie

Beautiful figures!!! Congrats!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

postsaurischian

:)  Thanks for the comments!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^   Kaiyodo Dinoland 1:35  Camarasaurus  (originally sculpted by Shinobu Matsumura)

stalked by Papo Allosaurus

amargasaurus cazaui

Gorgeous sauropod Helge. I assume the piece came with no base for it then? Is the paint scheme original or something ala Martin or Copper? One other question I am wondering, perhaps someone could answer..the large bump on the neck behind the skull......would this be from the chevrons of the verts along the back which is why it ends directly behind the skull, and would this be anatomically Normal for the dinosaur? It makes the dinosaur look somehow retro but yet seems to make sense
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

postsaurischian

Thank you :). It came with a simple wooden base in its original box. This is the original pre-built & pre-painted version.
The tinge of purple though it doesn't have. That must be a mixture of reflections of the grey backround and my photographing hand :), but I like it.

....... not sure about the paleontologic issue :-\.

postsaurischian

I decided not to buy the new Carnegie Tyrannosaurus and better finally get me the Battat model :).
                                   Thanks to tyrantqueen who sold it for a reasonable price I could close that gap.
                           I have always thought this - but never dared to say so because I've never seen it for real:
            "It's still the most beautiful and best rubber toy T. rex in the world :)!!"  (after all those years - congrats, Battat!)

Battat 1:40 Tyrannosaurus rex v.3 (originally sculpted by Gregory Wenzel)

Gwangi

Yup, those pictures confirm it for me, the Battat Tyrannosaurus is the best T. rex toy ever made. That Camarasaurus looks great alongside the Papo Allosaurus. I have the knock-off version but it doesn't even come close to the Kaiyodo.

tyrantqueen

Oh, good to hear they made it safely. I've been worrying about them all week (I'm weird like that :o).

And hey, you got the Tyrannosaurus stand without its tail >:D

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Great catch, postsaurischian!
-Peter Benchley

postsaurischian

:D Thanks for the comments!

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 08, 2014, 03:18:46 AM
....... hey, you got the Tyrannosaurus stand without its tail >:D

Right after its arrival it was so cold (and hard) it could stand perfectly :o (positive shock), but fell over after warming up.
An inclined plane was used for the pics :-[.

Okay, test delivery succeeded :)!
Here's a walk-around of the new Bullyland 'Urhandtier' made for the Regionalmuseum Wolfhager Land:

Bullyland 1:10  Protochirotherium wolfhagense  (originally designed by M.H. Kroniger)

These tracks were found in Wolfhagen in 1999 for the first time:

compared to Toyway WWD Postosuchus:

Libraraptor

Whoa! Helge! I am really happy you got the figure, the second one here.  Great pictures, much better than my ones in my review on the blog. Do you enjoy the figure? Do you like it?

P.S. Congrats on cracking the 46.000 views - border!

postsaurischian

:o Oh man, I'm visiting the blog too rarely. If I had seen it I wouldn't have done the walk-around. Sorry, Stefan :-[.

But thanks for the compliment :). I like the figure a lot. In my opinion the best Bullyland has produced in years!

??? 46.000 views :D, that's also new to me! I haven't looked at this for a long time either ;D.
Might this be the reason Photobucket is regularly blocking my pictures (saying it's too much) or is it the number of uploaded pictures?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: