News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

:)  Shapeways 1:40 Amargasaurus by Andrew Sides (gorgonzola) in WSF

Blade-of-the-Moon

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

postsaurischian

:)  Shapeways 1:20 Eupelycosaurs by Galileo Hernandez Nunez (GNmodels) in WSF

Dimetrodon

Edaphosaurus

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

postsaurischian, you have no idea how much I envy you. Great models, every day! You never disappoint.
Your latest acquisition is great, just like all the others.
Oh, and thanks for the great pictures-always very high quality.  ;D
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

postsaurischian

:) Thank you Spino.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:D  two of my favourite pterosaur models:

Anhanguera  &  Tupuxuara

tyrantqueen

Those pterosaurs are incredible...

I'm so jealous because I will never own either of them :-[ :)

alexeratops

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 18, 2013, 02:55:13 PM

So many sunglasses! but anyway, I am also never going to get those pterosaurs. :'(
like a bantha!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 18, 2013, 01:43:58 PM
  :) Thank you Spino.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

....... two of my favourite Pterosaur models:

Anhanguera  &  Tupuxuara

The Tupuxuara is my favorite statue/model so far ( mostly because it's the only one I own lol ) .  Who produces the Anhanguera ?

tyrantqueen

QuoteThe Tupuxuara is my favorite statue/model so far ( mostly because it's the only one I own lol ) .  Who produces the Anhanguera ?
I think it was an OOAK model commissioned for a museum, and it ended up being sold on eBay. I might be wrong, but that's how I remembered it...

Blade-of-the-Moon

I recall one seller..had a lot of marine reptiles and such ?   I thought those pieces were bigger though. 

It's really nicely done . :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 18, 2013, 02:55:13 PM

Never say never ;). The Tupuxuara was about USD $100 when it came out - a must-have!
The Anhanguera though will be tough to get in the future and it was expensive. It's made of heavy resin.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 18, 2013, 05:15:51 PM
QuoteWho produces the Anhanguera ?
I think it was an OOAK model commissioned for a museum, and it ended up being sold on eBay. I might be wrong, but that's how I remembered it...

When I bought the model more than two years ago on eBay I asked the Taiwanese seller who made it. He sent me this unsatisfying answer: "The model is made by a group which is digging and cleaning fossils for museums or personal collectors." I've been always wondering who exactly is making these models. I also have the Nothosaurus from the same source. I suspected it had something to do with these guys There are some Asian people involved in the team. I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that at least Feng Shan Lu was painting the marine and flying reptile museum models.
But it's good to see that there might be some more information. What does OOAK exactly mean?

tyrantqueen

QuoteBut it's good to see that there might be some more information. What does OOAK exactly mean?
It stands for "one of a kind", and usually refers to a sculpture or piece of artwork of which there is only one or limited quantities made. I thought that maybe, because I have never seen another one like this for sale anywhere else, it might be a OOAK piece. It is gorgeous though :)

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Wow. The title of your thread truly fits. Beautiful sculptures.
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 18, 2013, 09:24:25 PM
QuoteBut it's good to see that there might be some more information. What does OOAK exactly mean?
It stands for "one of a kind", and usually refers to a sculpture or piece of artwork of which there is only one or limited quantities made. I thought that maybe, because I have never seen another one like this for sale anywhere else, it might be a OOAK piece. It is gorgeous though :)

Would have made a great new Sideshow piece actually. :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 18, 2013, 09:24:25 PM

;D  He, he, now I see.
No, these aren't OOAK pieces. The seller has been offering all of them a few times - also the two that I bought - until he suddenly stopped.

....... by the way, this is the  Nothosaurus  I bought from that same guy:

tyrantqueen

QuoteNo, these aren't OOAK pieces. The seller has been offering all of them a few times - also the two that I bought - until he suddenly stopped.
Awwww, that's a shame :( I guess I wasn't around back then, and didn't get a chance to pick them up. The Notho is very nice too :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wish someone would make a nice big ( 6" ) Nothosaurus .  I keep hoping Safari will eventually..they did make the smaller one after all.

postsaurischian

:D  Ceratopsian time again!

Wild Safari Pachyrhinosaurus (originally sculpted by Doug Watson)

The two WWD 3D juveniles have found a mother

comparison with the DS Triceratops shows that she's about 1:30 - 1:35

Dinosaur Studio 1:35 Triceratops horridus (originally sculpted by Greg Wenzel, painted by Martin Garratt)

Jetoar

Pachyrhinosaurus is awesome and a good piece to combinate with WWD 3D figures for dioramas  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: