News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

QuoteIt's not a Giganotosaurus,it's a Carcharodontosaurus.
Whoops, my bad ::)

Jetoar

Cool Lambeosaurus  ^-^. Carcaharadontosaurus is awesome  :o.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

Thanks for the comments :)!

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 20, 2014, 11:30:53 PM
Cool stuff, but I am reminded, for some reason, of the Invicta Tyrannosaurus' feet when I look at the feet of this Giggy >:D

The feet seem to be the problem with this one ....... I like it anyway.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^   Favorite Collection Tamba sauropod (originally sculpted by Hirokazu Tokugawa)

sauroid

the Bully Lambeo and CollectA Carcharodontosaurus are beautiful. i hope Bullyland would start making really awesome dinos from now on (they are making progress which is something i cant really say about another German brand). the Tamba sauropod looks good. i just dont know why they have to make it metallic. :\
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

postsaurischian

Quote from: sauroid on March 21, 2014, 10:33:50 AM
the Bully Lambeo and CollectA Carcharodontosaurus are beautiful. i hope Bullyland would start making really awesome dinos from now on (they are making progress which is something i cant really say about another German brand). the Tamba sauropod looks good. i just dont know why they have to make it metallic. :\

I too think that the new Bullyland upper management is moving slowly in the right direction this year and also hope they will be continuing this trend.

The Tamba colours look kind of cool in reality. Nonetheless mine is already on its way to Finland ... which is even cooler 8).

sauroid

lol cool that you've decided to have it repainted. :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Libraraptor

Happy second thread birthday! I´m looking forward to seeing more pictures and stunning new acquisitions. Maye we also see some "Behind the scenes" someday, I mean, where and how do you store or display your collection?

John

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 20, 2014, 11:30:53 PM
Cool stuff, but I am reminded, for some reason, of the Invicta Tyrannosaurus' feet when I look at the feet of this Giggy >:D

Yes,I can see what you mean.The whole model actually seems to have a sort of Invicta like vibe to it to me,just more modernized.Which is good because I've always loved that line. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

postsaurischian

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 23, 2014, 09:51:26 PM
Happy second thread birthday! I´m looking forward to seeing more pictures and stunning new acquisitions. Maye we also see some "Behind the scenes" someday, I mean, where and how do you store or display your collection?

:D Well, it's true - yesterday was the second thread birthday!
Again I didn't notice that. I'm only constantly watching: When I will have as much posts as on DTF v.1 ;D?
Unfortunately - because of my small appartement - only about 1/4 of the collection is being displayed. Due to time-consuming preparations like cleaning up and dusting (:-[), taking pics of the different arrangements would be a bigger project, which I want to do one day. The arrangements are constantly changing though.

Quote from: John on March 24, 2014, 06:48:54 AM
....... The whole model actually seems to have a sort of Invicta like vibe to it to me,just more modernized.Which is good because I've always loved that line. :)

Normally I'm not a huge fan of CollectA's Dinosaur figures. Last year I didn't buy any for example.
Maybe it's the Invicta touch both of you you see in the Carcharodontosaurus that makes me like it, because I've also always loved the line :).

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 24, 2014, 09:19:07 AM
Quote from: Libraraptor on March 23, 2014, 09:51:26 PM

:D Well, it's true - yesterday was the second thread birthday!
Again I didn't notice that. I'm only constantly watching: When I will have as much posts as on DTF v.1 ;D?
Unfortunately - because of my small appartement - only about 1/4 of the collection is being displayed. Due to time-consuming preparations like cleaning up and dusting (:-[), taking pics of the different arrangements would be a bigger project, which I want to do one day. The arrangements are constantly changing though.

Quote from: John on March 24, 2014, 06:48:54 AM
....... The whole model actually seems to have a sort of Invicta like vibe to it to me,just more modernized.Which is good because I've always loved that line. :)

Normally I'm not a huge fan of CollectA's Dinosaur figures. Last year I didn't buy any for example.
Maybe it's the Invicta touch both of you you see in the Carcharodontosaurus that makes me like it, because I've also always loved the line :).
I think Anthony Beeson is a fan of the Invicta line (he wrote and researched several articles for Prehistoric Times concerning the history behind the line) so perhaps it's no coincidence that it has a strong Invicta "vibe" :)

postsaurischian

:)  Aaron Doyle's Shapeways 1:12  Psittacosaurus & Protoceratops
                                                                                              >  both painted by Noora Kivisilta

Patrx

Congratulations! The paintwork on those two is simply amazing - lots of small details and subtle shifts in tone.

amargasaurus cazaui

I have always admired and loved this paint up of the model. It was the model that led me to join the forum and seek out both Aaron and Copper. (psittacosaurus) I have one done quite similarly, although mine fails to capture all the subtle color changes and so forth present in your own . A piece I truly admire and am envious of....congratulations on that one Helge
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Libraraptor

tyrantqueen

Asuka Langley >:D Are you into Evangelion?

CityRaptor

Someone once said that for an Anime to become successful, it helps to have a girl named after a warship. For Evangelion it clearly worked.  ;D
Looks like she is taking her pet Dinosaurs for a stroll. Her beautiful pet Dinosaurs!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

postsaurischian

:) Thanks for the comments!

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 31, 2014, 07:29:44 PM
I have always admired and loved this paint up of the model. It was the model that led me to join the forum and seek out both Aaron and Copper. (psittacosaurus) I have one done quite similarly, although mine fails to capture all the subtle color changes and so forth present in your own . A piece I truly admire and am envious of....congratulations on that one Helge

Thank you :)! This version of Aaron's Psittacosaurus is despite the hand issue still my favourite one and with these colours one of my all-time favourite Dinosaur figures generally.
Actually this is the second version of the paintjob. I already had had one painted by Martin (Garrat) when I saw Noora's first version. I got very envious ;D and asked her to do the same for me. What came out is probably (as you say) the most beautiful of the three :-[ ;D. All of them are of course. I'm a lucky duck and very grateful.

There are some new copperized figures in the works ;).
I adore her style.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 31, 2014, 08:31:52 PM
Asuka Langley >:D Are you into Evangelion?

I've been into Japanese animated movies since I saw Akira for the first time in the late 80s ^-^. I was so blown away!
I haven't been very interested in the Evangelion TV series, always thought the graphics weren't good enough for my tastes ???.
I might be wrong, I don't really know it, but the Bandai figures of the series are of extraordinary quality. This figure of Asuka is about 1:12 and so sweet, I would marry her right away. ....... she might think I'm too old, though :( ;D.

sauroid

copper

if i can say something here about the two psittacosaurs and their differences. i definitely don't want to start a quarrel over my opinion  about this.
helge's model was painted  many years ago and between his model and amargasaurus' model i believe i have gathered more experience concerning model painting.
you asked me to paint your model exactly like helge's, and i told you i would do my best but that i couldn't make an exact clone. i only had couple photos as a reference, the best reference would have been helge's model in my hands during the time i was painting yours.
also my painting preferences change and that effects the outcome too. 
these are not excuses, i just wanted to say some points that i think had an effect on the outcome.

i'm truly sorry if the outcome was not what you wished for.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: copper on April 01, 2014, 07:37:07 PM

if i can say something here about the two psittacosaurs and their differences. i definitely don't want to start a quarrel over my opinion  about this.
helge's model was painted  many years ago and between his model and amargasaurus' model i believe i have gathered more experience concerning model painting.
you asked me to paint your model exactly like helge's, and i told you i would do my best but that i couldn't make an exact clone. i only had couple photos as a reference, the best reference would have been helge's model in my hands during the time i was painting yours.
also my painting preferences change and that effects the outcome too. 
these are not excuses, i just wanted to say some points that i think had an effect on the outcome.

i'm truly sorry if the outcome was not what you wished for.
I don't think he was complaining...at least I didn't see it that way. From what I have seen, Amargasaurus seemed happy with his Psittacosaurus repaints. I honestly think they're both good paintjobs.

Maybe it's a difference in photography techniques that makes them look different?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: