News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

QuoteNot every Triceratops was 8 m long I guess :). I do use it for my 1:20 collection! Young and unexperienced as it is (only 7 m long ;)) it runs away from my Sideshow Camarasaurus which is about to fall in a split second under the Allosaurus' attack >:D ;D.
That's a cool way of looking at it :)

Sadly too, as the running triceratops makes such a lovely image.
Depends on your point of view, haha. From the vantage point of the animal being charged, it would probably be a terrifying image more than anything else >:D

postsaurischian

~ :) Antediluvian Collection 1:72 Triceratops (sculpted by David Krentz)

~ ^-^ Kaiyodo 'the Study Room' Triceratops fossil

Patrx

That "Study Room" fossil model is marvelous! Where did you get it?

Libraraptor

Papo Archaeopteryx: A must have, not only for us Germans.
That Diplodocus: Breathtaking!
Charles Darwin: Very cool!
You are a great collector. Maybe someday I see your collection in person, we´ll have some coffee and present our visit here at the forum?!

postsaurischian

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 24, 2014, 07:21:28 PM
....... Maybe someday I see your collection in person, we´ll have some coffee and present our visit here at the forum?!

... or a beer ;D :-[ ... that would be cool. It was a pity it didn't work out last time we planned that. Maybe you'll have another advanced training in KA one day :).

Quote from: Patrx on February 24, 2014, 04:05:13 PM
That "Study Room" fossil model is marvelous! Where did you get it?

The Study Room figures are only available at the National Museum of Nature and Science in Tokyo. A friend of mine once bought me some there ^-^.
You can find them a bit pricier on eBay sometimes.

Here is the original exhibit at the Tokyo museum:

Libraraptor

A beer would not be that bad  :) Maybe I bring some "Grevensteiner"  :))

postsaurischian

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 24, 2014, 08:52:32 PM
....... "Grevensteiner" .......

... sounds good ;D.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

From time to time I'm showing figures in this thread that have already been shown on DTF v.1.
I'd like to have them all in this thread one day, so that browsing the old mix won't be necessary anymore.
The picture quality has also improved a bit.

Here's one of my all-time favourites, such a wonderful sculpt - and copper enhanced its appearance to art :).

^-^  Kaiyodo Dinoland 1:20 Stegosaurus (originally sculpted by Kazunari Araki)
                                                                              >  painted by Noora Kivisilta

amargasaurus cazaui

The "blue" stage has returned !!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Gwangi

Can't help but notice Araki gave this Stegosaurus cheeks while leaving them off of the newer Favorite toy. Odd, wish that one looked more like this one, it sure is beautiful.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gwangi on February 25, 2014, 08:54:18 PM
Can't help but notice Araki gave this Stegosaurus cheeks while leaving them off of the newer Favorite toy. Odd, wish that one looked more like this one, it sure is beautiful.
I think certain artists work best in bigger scales, and Araki Kazunari is one of them.

Still searching for this one :)

postsaurischian

Thanks for the comments! To me she's the queen of Stegosaurus figures :).

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 25, 2014, 08:57:53 PM
....... Still searching for this one :)

I'm sure you'll find it one day ;). I had been looking for one for ages until it suddenly appeared on eBay. Had to get it immediately, although it was badly painted and screwed to a wooden base. Look how less beautiful she was!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

~ ^-^ Dawn of the Dinosaurs - Exaeretodon

~  :) Walking with Dinosaurs 3D - Alphadon

Libraraptor

As to that interesting Exaeretodon, what´s this supposed to be? A cheaper version, a bootleg? How come the difference?
http://www.clawmarktoys.com/product_info.php?products_id=4541

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 15, 2014, 08:58:55 PM
As to that interesting Exaeretodon, what´s this supposed to be? A cheaper version, a bootleg? How come the difference?
Either it's a different version, or Postsaurischian has photography skills of Godly proportions (well...maybe he does anyway..) >:D

Simon

That is the official MINI version.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Simon on March 15, 2014, 09:37:53 PM

That is the official MINI version.

Ah, I see. Thanks for this quick information!

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 15, 2014, 09:02:13 PM
Either it's a different version, or Postsaurischian has photography skills of Godly proportions (well...maybe he does anyway..) >:D

;D :-[ .... the one shown on the pics is the larger resin version.

>  Bullyland  Lambeosaurus lambei

>  CollectA  1:40 Carcharodontosaurus

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

I love both models-and fantastic photography, as always!
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Cool stuff, but I am reminded, for some reason, of the Invicta Tyrannosaurus' feet when I look at the feet of this Giggy >:D

Bokisaurus

Nice :) I'm loving both figures! Looks like they both have nicely done paint job, especially the CollectA one. Cool pics,too ;)

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 20, 2014, 11:30:53 PM
Cool stuff, but I am reminded, for some reason, of the Invicta Tyrannosaurus' feet when I look at the feet of this Giggy >:D

It's not a Giganotosaurus,it's a Carcharodontosaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: