News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

:) Thanks for the comments.

Quote from: alexeratops on February 15, 2014, 08:35:10 PM
Lovin that Archeopteryx!  :D
How much was it?

In Germany it varies from EUR 11.49 - 15.90.

Quote from: sauroid on February 16, 2014, 08:38:00 AM
the Archaeopteryx is a beautiful figure, the tuft of feathers on top of the head is the only thing thats bugging me a bit.

I like it somehow. I think it could be easily fixed by someone with a bit of talent.
BTW.: It was originally Aaron Doyle's idea ;):                       (they mixed up Archaeopteryx and Deinonychus anyway ..... ;D)

tyrantqueen

Actually, wasn't it originally Rhynn's idea? http://rhynn.deviantart.com/art/Deinonychus-antirrhopus-V-2-322083719 Since that was the artwork that Aaron Doyle based his sculpt on :)

postsaurischian

Then you're right of course :). Ignorant as I am I was only thinking of 3D models.

What a wonderful illustration :D!

sauroid

the feather tufts look great on the Deinonychus. i guess it was the way it was sculpted/painted/applied on the Archaeo.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jetoar

It is availabale currently? I believed that it is not sale nowadays  ???.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Jetoar on February 16, 2014, 01:00:02 PM
From what I understand, it got an early release in Germany.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Jetoar

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on February 16, 2014, 06:57:49 PM

I speak about Archaeopteryx  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Jetoar on February 16, 2014, 07:43:03 PM
Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on February 16, 2014, 06:57:49 PM

I speak about Archaeopteryx  ^-^.
I know. That's what I was talking about.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

postsaurischian

^-^  Kaiyodo Dinoland 1:20 Ceratopsians:
          (originally sculpted by Kazunari Araki except for Chasmosaurus - Shinobu Matsumura)

Styracosaurus

Triceratops (garrattized)

Anchiceratops

Chasmosaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Love the " Garrattized " Triceratops ! lol

sauroid

those Ceratopsian figures are just too cool for words
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

If anyone wants me, I'll be in the corner, sobbing quietly and assuming the foetal position ;D

Hahaha, they are lovely :)

postsaurischian

;D ... thanks for the comments.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)   MO Models 1:35  Diplodocus  (sculpted by Sean Cooper)
                                                                  >  built-up & painted by Martin Garratt

ITdactyl

What a beauty..... *runs out of air*

and of course, very very VERY nice photographs.

Somehow it seems to have an air of "high alert" as if a storm was coming (or a pack of pesky theropods) - I wonder if that was intentional on Sean Cooper's part.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

WOW. The Diplo looks awesome!
-Peter Benchley

postsaurischian

:) Thanks for the comments. Yes, I'm in love with Sean Cooper's sculptures!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^  Favorite Collection  Triceratops  desktop model (sculpted by Michael Trcic)
                                      .. got it as a freebie from an extraordinarily friendly Dino-shop owner a few years ago.
                                                                   If you're reading this, I'm still thankful ;)!

tyrantqueen

I always liked this sculpt. It reminds me of Robert Bakker's illustration from Dinosaur Heresies. I'm thinking about getting it for my 1/20 collection, but it's 1/25 so it might be too small.

Could ceratopsians really gallop? :o

amargasaurus cazaui

The last study I saw said highly unlikely. They made high fidelity resin casts of the bones in a triceratops leg, and connected them using large elastric strips to duplcate the tendons and muscles. In their reproduction the physical mechanics required to do so were not possible and so deemed unlikely. Sadly too, as the running triceratops makes such a lovely image.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 23, 2014, 05:38:59 PM
I always liked this sculpt. It reminds me of Robert Bakker's illustration from Dinosaur Heresies. I'm thinking about getting it for my 1/20 collection, but it's 1/25 so it might be too small.

The model is about 35 cm long. Given Triceratops a length of 800 cm it's about 1:23.
Not every Triceratops was 8 m long I guess :). I do use it for my 1:20 collection! Young and unexperienced as it is (only 7m long)
it runs away from my Sideshow Camarasaurus which is about to fall in a split second under the Allosaurus' attack >:D ;D.
Will the young Triceratops be smashed? We'll never know.

The comparison figure in this picture stands 8 cm high (wich is 1:23, giving the man a height of 184 cm):

By the way, it's the Accoutrements Charles Darwin, a nice figure to have.
                                                 I don't know how tall Charles Darwin was ??? - hopefully 184 cm ;D.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: