News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Carnotaurus vs Carnotaurus

Started by Concavenator, July 31, 2013, 12:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Carnotaurus model released in 2013 is your favorite?

Schleich Carnotaurus
 Papo Carnotaurus
Carnegie Carnotaurus

David Phantomhive

This one is kinda tough, but I am leaning toward the Papo version.  Both are really nice imo, but I have not really been collecting dinos since the 80s and early 90s lol.  Back then, there was Invicta, Carnegie, and of course my fav - Dino Riders! ...These guys have come a long way!  ;D

David Phantomhive

dinohunter24

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 31, 2013, 01:03:19 PM
Quote from: Juan Andrés on July 31, 2013, 12:58:50 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 31, 2013, 12:44:35 PM
LOL, you need to open a poll for this? A better contender would be Carnegie Carnotaurus than that horrible Schleich thing.
I know that,but,as both are released in 2013,I decided to do the same as the topic "Diablo vs Diablo".I know the Schleich one is ugly (don't want to offend anybody)
No need to worry, barely anyone on the forum likes Schleich :)

QuoteI think that Schleich version is not perfect, but is not horrible.
Really? I think it fails on all fronts. You say it is trying to be like the Disney version, but it doesn't look much like the Disney one either.
Let's compare the two:

You can see Schleich messed the proportions up- the feet and arms are too big. The official Disney model has a thick, chunky body, which the Schleich doesn't have. Basically, it's out of proportion.

If you wanted a replica of the Disney monster, you should just get the official Disney toy. No need to waste money on Schleich's toy.

Sorry if I sound mean, I just guess it's the way I feel :-\

Where is the official Disney toy?

Simon

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Simon on August 25, 2013, 09:31:47 AM
Quote from: dinohunter24 on August 24, 2013, 11:11:42 PM
Quote from: Simon on August 24, 2013, 07:13:49 PM
Here is the big one (22" long):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Disney-Dinosaur-The-Movie-CARNOTAURUS-22-Long-Action-Figure-Ship-Worldwide-/121157120289?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item1c3586f121

And here is one of the (many) smaller versions:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disneys-Dinosaur-Electronic-Roaring-Carnotaur-Carnotaurus-Glowing-Eyes-7-Rare-/161084822087?pt=TV_Movie_Character_Toys_US&hash=item2581675247

I like the big one but it used and still very expensive.

Well, I suppose it depends on how much you want it and what your budget is.  At $28 +$11 shipping (in the US) I think its a very good deal.

It's not bad at all..I had 50.00 on mine and my big Aladar/ Iguanodon , though mine are mint, just out of packaging. ;)

Concavenator

Just changed my mind about Papo's being the best Carno figure...that's Carnegie's IMO.

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Gwangi on July 31, 2013, 03:12:24 PM
I'm with you TQ, I came into this thread expecting the Papo and Carnegie Carnotaurus, not that monstrosity. I wouldn't even use that thing as a paper weight. You couldn't pay me to display that thing! And I'm not sorry if I'm sounding harsh but it is just a toy and a really bad one at that. I don't think anyone on this forum would choose the Schleich over the Papo.

Well, I like Papo figures, but the stance on carnotaurus just looks like he's ate some spicy food and is standing over the toilet screaming in pain! In my opinion, he's the worst of the Papo dinosaurs. As for the other one, I think the colors were done to play up the "demon" look of carnotaurus, who would want to take inspiration from a Disney movie! (Yuk  :P)
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

tyrantqueen

Speaking of Carnotaurus, I like the Battat Carno but I always thought it looked like Darth Maul from the Star Wars franchise.

Concavenator

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on February 02, 2014, 04:40:37 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on July 31, 2013, 03:12:24 PM
I'm with you TQ, I came into this thread expecting the Papo and Carnegie Carnotaurus, not that monstrosity. I wouldn't even use that thing as a paper weight. You couldn't pay me to display that thing! And I'm not sorry if I'm sounding harsh but it is just a toy and a really bad one at that. I don't think anyone on this forum would choose the Schleich over the Papo.

Well, I like Papo figures, but the stance on carnotaurus just looks like he's ate some spicy food and is standing over the toilet screaming in pain! In my opinion, he's the worst of the Papo dinosaurs. As for the other one, I think the colors were done to play up the "demon" look of carnotaurus, who would want to take inspiration from a Disney movie! (Yuk  :P)
Really?It's one of Papo's best,IMO.

Ultimatedinoking

Ya, I think their Allosaurus is the best. But we are all entitled  to our own opinions.  :D
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Simon

Its the other way around - Darth Maul 'borrowed' the Battat Carno paint scheme!

Ridureyu

I love the Papo figure, but its stance honestly bugs me.  I prefer the stance of the Schleich figure, though the Schleich one looks like a cartoon character.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Just came onto this thread...
Papo. I have nothing more to say.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Libraraptor

Papo of course. Still don´t like most of the Carnegie tripods, and the Schleich bigfoot is out of competition.

DC

Papo figure is attactively done and the best of their collectables and looks to be modeled on the Terra Nova TV show.  An excellent TV collectable.  I was expecting them to go for a Hasbro JP look.

The new Schliech, recall there was an old one,  is a Disney figure made for preschoolers.  This has become the preschool standard.  The small Bullyland was the same.

The Carnigie figure is the best model.  The lithe proportions and hatchet skull are the key.

I think an underrated figure is the medium FameMaster Carnotaurus it is built as runner not wrestler.   The Small Famemaster is a rare collectable.

Really when you think about it before Battat it was hardly known in the toy community.  Then you get the first Carnegie, Hasbro and Jasman figures.  I would have died for one as a kid.

You can never have too many dinosaurs

postsaurischian

Definitely Carnegie! Despite the tripod pose (which isn't soo bad in this case), it is superior in scientific accuracy, sculptor's skills and paintjob ;).

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 02, 2014, 04:57:27 PM
Speaking of Carnotaurus, I like the Battat Carno but I always thought it looked like Darth Maul from the Star Wars franchise.

;D That's right, but it was vice versa - Darth Maul was inspired by Battat's Carnotaurus.

Simon

The Colorata Carnotaurus figure - though in a smaller scale - is also pretty darn good:

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Simon on February 10, 2014, 04:40:00 PM
The Colorata Carnotaurus figure - though in a smaller scale - is also pretty darn good:

Yes, but I think Papo's and Carnegie's are better...
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: