News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Carnotaurus vs Carnotaurus

Started by Concavenator, July 31, 2013, 12:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Carnotaurus model released in 2013 is your favorite?

Schleich Carnotaurus
 Papo Carnotaurus
Carnegie Carnotaurus

Concavenator

Hello,
This might come
late when it's refering to species released in one year per more than one manufacturer,but,well,we also did the same with the two Diabloceratops.Carnotaurus have been released by Schleich and Papo this year.And between these two figures will be topic:which is better?
I'll open a poll.

Well,In my opinion is obvious that the Papo one is better just compare:

I think the Papo one is better in all ways:accuracy,beauty,escultpric detail,pose,inspiration...

tyrantqueen

LOL, you need to open a poll for this? ;) A better contender would be Carnegie Carnotaurus than that horrible Schleich thing.

Jetoar

I think that depend that you are finding. Papo figure is incredible and ist level of accuracy is realy nice, but Schleich figure have good details also. I have the Schleich version and is one of my favorite schleich dinosaurs. I dont search only accuray and details, also stand and sculpture. Another detail is that Papo figure is based  in Sideshow Carnotaurus and Schleich figures is based in Disney Carnotarus with this colors http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g62/TigerQuoll/dinosaur/carnotaurus_sastrei.gif and I said that Disney Carnotaurus is my favorite Carnotaurus.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Jetoar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 31, 2013, 12:44:35 PM
LOL, you need to open a poll for this? ;) A better contender would be Carnegie Carnotaurus than that horrible Schleich thing.

I think that Schleich version is not perfect, but is not horrible.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Concavenator

LOL, you need to open a poll for this? A better contender would be Carnegie Carnotaurus than that horrible Schleich thing.
I know that,but,as both are released in 2013,I decided to do the same as the topic "Diablo vs Diablo".I know the Schleich one is ugly (don't want to offend anybody)
Oh and this is my 200th post  :))

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Juan Andrés on July 31, 2013, 12:58:50 PM
LOL, you need to open a poll for this? A better contender would be Carnegie Carnotaurus than that horrible Schleich thing.
I know that,but,as both are released in 2013,I decided to do the same as the topic "Diablo vs Diablo".I know the Schleich one is ugly (don't want to offend anybody)
No need to worry, barely anyone on the forum likes Schleich :)

QuoteI think that Schleich version is not perfect, but is not horrible.
Really? I think it fails on all fronts. You say it is trying to be like the Disney version, but it doesn't look much like the Disney one either.
Let's compare the two:

You can see Schleich messed the proportions up- the feet and arms are too big. The official Disney model has a thick, chunky body, which the Schleich doesn't have. Basically, it's out of proportion.

If you wanted a replica of the Disney monster, you should just get the official Disney toy. No need to waste money on Schleich's toy.

Sorry if I sound mean, I just guess it's the way I feel :-\

Gwangi

I'm with you TQ, I came into this thread expecting the Papo and Carnegie Carnotaurus, not that monstrosity. I wouldn't even use that thing as a paper weight. You couldn't pay me to display that thing! And I'm not sorry if I'm sounding harsh but it is just a toy and a really bad one at that. I don't think anyone on this forum would choose the Schleich over the Papo.

Roselaar

Too true, the Carnegie figure even beats the Papo Carnotaurus.

Simon

Well, just to be a contrarian on this thread, let me state that the Papo Carnotaurus is the best Carnotaurus toy out there.  A great blend of accuracy with coolness.  (Keeping in mind that it isn't 100% accurate, its too muscular and not tall enough, but hey its gotta stand on its own.)

How here comes the contrarian part  ;D

The Carnegie Carnotaurus, to me, is an abominable figure.  It has perhaps the WORST tripod pose I have ever seen in a figure, the neck is bent in an awkward way, and I find the (lack) of detail in the teeth to be a big turn-off.  I wouldn't keep one around if someone gave it to me as a present.   :o :o :o

Now you may flame away ... ^-^

Simon

Quote from: Jetoar on July 31, 2013, 12:55:17 PM

The Schleich version is the last thing you'd see if you stumbled on a Carnotaurus while tripping on LSD.   ;D

therizinosaurus

Quote from: Simon on July 31, 2013, 04:43:56 PM
Well, just to be a contrarian on this thread, let me state that the Papo Carnotaurus is the best Carnotaurus toy out there.  A great blend of accuracy with coolness.  (Keeping in mind that it isn't 100% accurate, its too muscular and not tall enough, but hey its gotta stand on its own.)

How here comes the contrarian part  ;D

The Carnegie Carnotaurus, to me, is an abominable figure.  It has perhaps the WORST tripod pose I have ever seen in a figure, the neck is bent in an awkward way, and I find the (lack) of detail in the teeth to be a big turn-off.  I wouldn't keep one around if someone gave it to me as a present.   :o :o :o

Now you may flame away ... ^-^

It's so funny how much tastes can vary--I, on the other hand, can't stand the Papo, I think the pose is too melodramatic and the proportions look way off. And I absolutely love the Carnegie figure. Haha  :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Every dino needs someone to love it, congrats Jetoar !  Maybe the overly large head and feet make it look like a baby one ?

I'm not picking it up myself for several reasons,  mostly design and price.  The Papo is a better piece all around despite it being a bit smaller. if painted red it would look like Disney version much more than the Schleich one I think.    If you like bulky theropods then the Papo is the way to go, if you like slimmer ones then the Carnegie is superb..I had to have both of them myself.

Jetoar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 31, 2013, 04:53:11 PM

Every dino needs someone to love it, congrats Jetoar !  Maybe the overly large head and feet make it look like a baby one ?

I'm not picking it up myself for several reasons,  mostly design and price.  The Papo is a better piece all around despite it being a bit smaller. if painted red it would look like Disney version much more than the Schleich one I think.    If you like bulky theropods then the Papo is the way to go, if you like slimmer ones then the Carnegie is superb..I had to have both of them myself.

Thanks friend  ^-^. I dont have the Papo figure now, but the Schleich figure is other vision of this animal. It s not perfect or accuracy, but it is cool and I like it. Some times I dont find the accuracy of detail, I find that it like me  ^-^.

anchry6

It's like asking whether it is better to receive a punch or 50 EUR... ;D ;D

:D

Jetoar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 31, 2013, 01:03:19 PM
Quote from: Juan Andrés on July 31, 2013, 12:58:50 PM
No need to worry, barely anyone on the forum likes Schleich :)

QuoteI think that Schleich version is not perfect, but is not horrible.
Really? I think it fails on all fronts. You say it is trying to be like the Disney version, but it doesn't look much like the Disney one either.
Let's compare the two:

You can see Schleich messed the proportions up- the feet and arms are too big. The official Disney model has a thick, chunky body, which the Schleich doesn't have. Basically, it's out of proportion.

If you wanted a replica of the Disney monster, you should just get the official Disney toy. No need to waste money on Schleich's toy.

Sorry if I sound mean, I just guess it's the way I feel :-\

I have the big and small Carnotaurus of Matell that they have done the toys of Dinosaur. I think that Schleich have done a Carnotaurus based in Disney model, but they didnt do the sizes and proportions. If I look for only accuracy models, I dont buy  figures. I am not a exquisite collector  ^-^. I said you the same that other members I find the models that I like me  ^-^.

Gwangi

The only similarity I see with the Disney Carnotaurus is the color, otherwise the Disney version is far more superior even if inaccurate. I actually like the Disney Carnotaurus, I have a couple of the toys representing it and hope to get that really big one someday. Like Blade said, the Papo model looks much more like the Disney character than what Schleich produced (minus the color).
Look at the arms of the  Schleich toy compared to the Disney photo, it looks like the arms are growing out of the neck on that Schleich monstrosity!

SpartanSquat

Well, in mi opionion from both the best is Papo. More detailed and accurate than Schleich. I dont know why all hate Schleich Carnotauurs, I think its very detailed. Like Jetoar said, its not the best but its a good figure with a good detail of scales. I received this one along with styracosaurus for my birthday this year and they are near to my Master Chief figure.
If we talk about Carnotaurus figures, the best is Sideshow. I really wish one day a figure based in Primal Carnage Carnotaurus will be released

Concavenator

.Well,I think the Schleichn one is inaccurate.Paleoimagery and fossil findings suggest Carnotaurus was a relatively "gracile" dinosaur,not a massive voluminous theropod.It was a slender,agile predator like both the Carnegie (2011)Carnotaurus and the Papo Carnotaurus suggest.
I think the Papo one is better.Just my personal opinion  :-\
And the poll's current results:
Schleich Carnotaurus:0 votes
Papo Carnotaurus:11 votes
I still don't have any 2013 figure,but based on photos I think the Carnotaurus is great,I'll pick up one eventually.

Jetoar

Quote from: RolandEden on August 01, 2013, 01:04:15 AM
Well, in mi opionion from both the best is Papo. More detailed and accurate than Schleich. I dont know why all hate Schleich Carnotauurs, I think its very detailed. Like Jetoar said, its not the best but its a good figure with a good detail of scales. I received this one along with styracosaurus for my birthday this year and they are near to my Master Chief figure.
If we talk about Carnotaurus figures, the best is Sideshow. I really wish one day a figure based in Primal Carnage Carnotaurus will be released

Thanks friend for your words, I dont said that Schleich version is better than Papo, but we dont should hate it because it is an inaccurate representation. A likes and colors  ^-^.

And now, a funny video of this predator  ;D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfk8tkh5uKA

Concavenator

Quote from: Jetoar on August 01, 2013, 11:37:34 AM
Quote from: RolandEden on August 01, 2013, 01:04:15 AM

Thanks friend for your words, I dont said that Schleich version is better than Papo, but we dont should hate it because it is an inaccurate representation. A likes and colors  ^-^.

And now, a funny video of this predator  ;D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfk8tkh5uKA
Nice!But pretty sure if that would have happened in real life Carnotaurus would have died instantly lol.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: