You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

No more games. Emperor Dinobot's Jurassic Park- UPDATES

Started by EmperorDinobot, August 08, 2013, 08:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot

Look at this bloody mess:

That is the sorry state of my collection right now. I will polish the park a little bit, clean the shelves a bit and the dinosaurs. Expected date of completion: Dec 31, 2014.

I also wanted to let y'all know that I have two new blogs dedicated to toys!:
http://emperordinobot.blogspot.com/ This is where I review dinosaur toys, talk about my dino art, try to peddle my stuff to the audiences of the world and so forth, but mostly dedicated at reviewing dinosaur robot toys.
http://emperordinobotsbatmen.blogspot.com/ is an attempt to review every Batman figure ever. I have a large collection myself.

Right now my room is in a state of complete disarray ever since it became "my office" aka the place where I make packages. My "parallel collection" AKA all my sales are in the garage one room below this one. I'm slowly cleaning up this room, but the dino stuff is definitely the largest and hardest to clean. Ugh.

And...I have no more space :D. All those years of collection really screwed me up. If I could start a museum I would! And this is a large room, too. What to do...what to do...

Megalosaurus

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on September 25, 2014, 07:40:41 AM
http://emperordinobotsbatmen.blogspot.com/ is an attempt to review every Batman figure ever. I have a large collection myself.
Fabulous. I love batman toys since my childhood.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

radioactive347

I've been waiting for an update. When are you going to post more pictures?

Dinomike

Quote from: Nebuloid on August 08, 2013, 07:48:37 PM

Anyway... Amazing collection ofcourse. I see you have about 5 Stegosauruses from the Lost World, which is one of my favourite JP figures !

Really SWEET! I love the Stego and managed to get it with the pesky little wound piece - which has now obviously gone missing! Me and my son and the T.rex attack to Jurassic Park may be the reason...haha! Who knows, I might still find it inside the Bull T.rex or something.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

gfxtwin

Well, that's all of them. j/k, impressive collection, friend.

EmperorDinobot

Don't do this to yourselves. I'm going to work on some quick fixes, but... those fixes will not fix this.

I have a box outside of my room filled with over 50 figures, and I don't know what to do with them...

CityRaptor

Just focus on one or two collections themes. ( Mine is Dinosaurs with a few Kaiju ) And get rid of the others as well as extras. This might not be as easy as it sounds.

Looks like your collection got hit by a hurricane...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

EmperorDinobot

You have no idea about my Batman collection. I own between 600-1000 pieces, and they take up the rest of the space. An entire wall is taken over by my Transformers and Power Rangers megazords, many which can be called Dinobots, and my Bionicle from days past. I'm  THIS CLOSE from canning them up like you have no idea.... But there's sentimentality problems to be addressed!

I wouldn't call it a hurricane, I'd call it an Earthquake. Love that crew T-shirt from 1992!

EmperorDinobot

Reposted here for...collection purposes.

My Recent Acquisitions! I'm proud to present...

Chap Mei T.rex, the excellent Dacentrurus by Dan LoRusso, WWD Gorgon, Patchi, Scowler and mini Hesperonychus, "Azdarchid", Edmontosaurus, "Bulldust", "Scowler", Troodon and Alphadon.

This means that...

My WWD 3d collection is complete! Speaking of which, the mini dinosaurs say "series 1". Is there a series 2? Man I love these dinosaurs. Their SFX are really good, they are highly articulated, really well made!

My Pachyrhinosaurus collection groweth. This means that I probably will not stop and now require the Safari Ltd. Pachyrhinosaurus and the CollectA one. This dinosaur has been chasing me in the last few months.

Dacentrurus photobombs.

PS: I have full sets of WWD 3d dinosaurs at my store!

DarkPhantom

Wow! By the Gods, that is a heck of a collection my friend! My wife thinks I have a lot of these, but she would flip if I had this many. Very extensive, amazing collection!

Dinomike

I noticed your JP gate looks a bit different to mine. Does it belong to the Command Compound set? The sticker logo is the one that seems different - as well as the warning labels on the fence. Just curious. :)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

CityRaptor

There are two versions. One came with the Command Compound and the other was released in the Raptor Attack Playset.

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on March 21, 2015, 11:38:36 AM
You have no idea about my Batman collection. I own between 600-1000 pieces, and they take up the rest of the space. An entire wall is taken over by my Transformers and Power Rangers megazords, many which can be called Dinobots, and my Bionicle from days past. I'm  THIS CLOSE from canning them up like you have no idea.... But there's sentimentality problems to be addressed!

Like I said, it is probably easier in theory.

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on March 21, 2015, 11:38:36 AM
I wouldn't call it a hurricane, I'd call it an Earthquake. Love that crew T-shirt from 1992!

But hurricanes fit better with Jurassic Park, and it allowed me to post that pic.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

EmperorDinobot

I've been cleaning up the Park.

And I give you the JW and Papo Shelf:

The next step is to dust and clean all of this:

And it's gonna take a loooooong time. We're talking about 100's of dinosaurs in that entire shelf.

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Simon

Ummm ... Emperor Dinobot ... I just looked at ALL the photos from the beginning of the thread, and ... I have just ONE QUESTION:

Where ... is ... ALADAR???????????

(runs away ...)  ;D ;D ;D

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Simon on November 11, 2015, 06:38:41 AM
Ummm ... Emperor Dinobot ... I just looked at ALL the photos from the beginning of the thread, and ... I have just ONE QUESTION:

I don't have the big Aladar, but I do have a full set of the smaller Electronic Dinosaurs, and Aladar's presence in my collection is discrete, but not hidden. I might have around 10 or so different Aladar figures, including a plush that is in the other room. I have a lot more Disney's Dinosaurs merch than meets the eye.

Dilopho

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on November 11, 2015, 11:24:39 PM
Quote from: Simon on November 11, 2015, 06:38:41 AM

I don't have the big Aladar, but I do have a full set of the smaller Electronic Dinosaurs, and Aladar's presence in my collection is discrete, but not hidden. I might have around 10 or so different Aladar figures, including a plush that is in the other room. I have a lot more Disney's Dinosaurs merch than meets the eye.
I know this was a long time ago, but did you ever get round to taking nighttime pictures of your jurassic park?

EmperorDinobot

I did not, because the park is so dusty, if I put a blacklight to it, the dust is gonna shine instead of the moonstones and the glow in the dark junk. I'm also planning on a bit of an expansion coming between now and January. I'm due to vacuum around it in the next 5 days. It's time we returned the Park to the glory it deserves. Gonna dust the rest of the dino shelves and so forth. We changed the air filters, so we should all feel less dirty now!

LophoLeeVT

your collection looks awesome drity or clean!!!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: