News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow DINOSAURIA (with poll)

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 3 favourite Sideshow 'Dinosauria' models?

1. Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama
4 (22.2%)
2. Apatosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
3. Brachiosaurus ornament
0 (0%)
4. Carnotaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
5. Ceratosaurus
1 (5.6%)
6. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
3 (16.7%)
7. Dilophosaurus maquette
0 (0%)
8. Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette
0 (0%)
9. Gastonia
3 (16.7%)
10. Mosasaur statue
3 (16.7%)
11. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
0 (0%)
12. Spinosaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
13. Stegosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
14. Styracosaurus maquette
1 (5.6%)
15. Triceratops statue
2 (11.1%)
16. Tupuxuara maquette
2 (11.1%)
17. Tyrannosaurus rex maquette
5 (27.8%)
18. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
1 (5.6%)
19. T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

suspsy

The battle-scarred male Tyrannosaurus rex shows the most personality out of all of them.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

postsaurischian

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 25, 2012, 07:31:34 PM
Quote from: DinoLord on March 25, 2012, 07:20:12 PM
The Apatosaurus is my favorite. It also happens to be the only one I own. I'm also fond of the T.rex maquette, but by the time I had accumulated the funds that could buy it it was no longer available.

I've heard the Rex was going for 4-600 on eBay now..crazy.

I was sure that was gonna happen. I'm glad I already have that monster of a sculpt :).

0onarcissisto0

400-600 is nothing. Now, it's going for 900-1000. I'm sorry, but that's just insane.
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

0onarcissisto0

I also liked McVeys older Carnotaurus..it's slightly above the Carnegie to me..being just as detailed and having an awesome base as well. 

Oh man, I love that Carnotaurus and really want, nay, NEED one, but it's long out of production...[insert squid emoticon here]

- DK -

Dyscrasia

I've already posted this pic in the old forum and since I took this pic early last year, the Tupuxuara maquette and Apatosaurus maquette aren't on the pic. But I think it will give you folks a clue on the scale of these statues...   *orthocone*

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 26, 2012, 08:25:56 PM
Quote from: DinoLord on March 25, 2012, 07:20:12 PM
The Apatosaurus is my favorite. It also happens to be the only one I own. I'm also fond of the T.rex maquette, but by the time I had accumulated the funds that could buy it it was no longer available.

I've heard the Rex was going for 4-600 on eBay now..crazy.

I was sure that was gonna happen. I'm glad I already have that monster of a sculpt :).

Same here..wish I could have afforded more than one...it would be nice to make a bit of profit that way. ;)

Should be cool see an updated pic of your collection with all the current pieces Dyscrasia. :)

Dyscrasia

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 27, 2012, 01:55:21 AMShould be cool see an updated pic of your collection with all the current pieces Dyscrasia. :)

Since I store all my dinosauria pieces in boxes, it's kind of a pain in the ass to take them out again, but once I receive the Stegosaurus maquette/dio, I'm going to take pics of all the pieces  ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dyscrasia on March 27, 2012, 03:12:17 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 27, 2012, 01:55:21 AMShould be cool see an updated pic of your collection with all the current pieces Dyscrasia. :)

Since I store all my dinosauria pieces in boxes, it's kind of a pain in the ass to take them out again, but once I receive the Stegosaurus maquette/dio, I'm going to take pics of all the pieces  ;D

Yeah I know how you feel bud..so little space. But it will be sweet to see them altogether again ! ;D

arominger

I dont have any models but I would Love to own the Tupuxuara maquette ;D. I love Pterosaurs!

postsaurischian

Quote from: arominger on March 27, 2012, 02:13:17 PM
I dont have any models but I would Love to own the Tupuxuara maquette ;D. I love Pterosaurs!
It's the most affordable one. Grab it as long as you can! ;D

arominger

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: arominger on March 27, 2012, 04:45:25 PM
well how much is it?

It was 100.00 when it was released. I don't see it on SS site though..so it might be gone from there.  It's also sold out from Dan's store.  You will probably have to hit ebay.

anchry6

my personal ranking is:
1 Carnotaurus maquette
2 Spinosaurus maquette
and after much
3 Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
However I have not even one of these beautiful statues.

:D

0onarcissisto0

Yaaay!! The only one I have was voted most beloved so far!! Man, I have good taste lool.

Actually, one of the main reasons I bought the Apatosaurus was affordability. For the size, 289 really ain't bad. Plus, I could imagine displaying this guy in my own house later on.

- DK -

anchry6

Sorry I was wrong  :P
my personal ranking is:
1 Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
2 Carnotaurus maquette
and after much
3 Spinosaurus maquette
However I have not even one of these beautiful statues.

Tyrannosaurid lover

For me the apatosayrys is one of the best, oh and the Spinosaurus is verry detailled
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

neuro

I have four of them and I love them all equally  ^-^. Here they are in alphabetical order:

Apatosaurus
Carnotaurus
Tupuxuara
Tyrannosaurus

anchry6

Quote from: neuro on April 20, 2012, 05:26:14 PM
I have four of them and I love them all equally  ^-^. Here they are in alphabetical order:

Apatosaurus
Carnotaurus
Tupuxuara
Tyrannosaurus

So which of the 4 you left out?

neuro

Quote from: anchry6 on April 20, 2012, 06:41:29 PM

I remember only that it was really hard for me to choose one and i don't want to do this ever again  :P

Anyway, in case that someone has a spare styracosaurus, please DO let me know :).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: neuro on April 21, 2012, 06:16:49 PM
Quote from: anchry6 on April 20, 2012, 06:41:29 PM

I remember only that it was really hard for me to choose one and i don't want to do this ever again  :P

Anyway, in case that someone has a spare styracosaurus, please DO let me know :).

Nice pic ! ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: