News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow DINOSAURIA (with poll)

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 3 favourite Sideshow 'Dinosauria' models?

1. Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama
4 (22.2%)
2. Apatosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
3. Brachiosaurus ornament
0 (0%)
4. Carnotaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
5. Ceratosaurus
1 (5.6%)
6. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
3 (16.7%)
7. Dilophosaurus maquette
0 (0%)
8. Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette
0 (0%)
9. Gastonia
3 (16.7%)
10. Mosasaur statue
3 (16.7%)
11. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
0 (0%)
12. Spinosaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
13. Stegosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
14. Styracosaurus maquette
1 (5.6%)
15. Triceratops statue
2 (11.1%)
16. Tupuxuara maquette
2 (11.1%)
17. Tyrannosaurus rex maquette
5 (27.8%)
18. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
1 (5.6%)
19. T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

boba ben

Quote from: rfdelgado on April 14, 2013, 07:24:40 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 11, 2013, 01:56:34 AM
Quote from: rfdelgado on April 10, 2013, 05:58:42 PM
I just got a few of these are have a pre-order in for the Dilophosaurs. I don't think the Euo in egg is shown in the survey. Really nice work for the most part. My wallet is lighter, but I'm really happy with the ones I have, but I'm sorry I missed out on the Camarasaurus vs. Allosaurs.

I've got:

Apatasaurus
Rex maquette
Styrac
Spino
Brach in egg
Euo in egg

Nice haul Ricardo !  I've been keeping an eye out for a Rex maquette for you..glad you found one !

I think there were a couple of Allo VS Camara for sale on the sideshow collector forums awhile back. I'd keep an eye out there bud.

I think the Euo came out after the survey was done...might be about time for a new one.. ;)

I appreciate that, man. Seriously looking for that one. Just swung a deal for the deinosuchus/parasaurolophus as well!

I private messaged a guy who had a deinosuchus vs. parasaurolopuhs for sale on the SSF forum, but he hasn't been on since March 31st.  Kind of a bummer.

rfdelgado

Honestly, I don't know why but the only one I'm not wild about is the Proto/Velo piece.

Patrx

Quote from: rfdelgado on April 15, 2013, 11:56:34 PM
Honestly, I don't know why but the only one I'm not wild about is the Proto/Velo piece.

Indeed. Not enough feathers to suit me, and the Proto's hands are incorrect. I do like the detailing on the ground, though - it looks rather like real sand.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I own it..it's difficult piece really..hard to display from  a satisfying angle. I know Adrian was trying to stay as true to the fossil as he could while still adding some good action but it came off a bit awkward.  I think a piece more like the Rex VS Trike Dio would have been better.  I do like how it's based on actual fossil evidence though.

rfdelgado

I don't care for the rex vs trike piece either. I also agree that it's cool that the proto/velo piece is based on the fossil, but the pose feels awkward to me, I have to work hard to see who is who.

Swung a deal for the Deinosuchus/parasaurolphus, and pre-ordered the Dilophosaurus pair, which is a cool-looking piece.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I just like how the trike and rex are done..very detailed, and every inch of it has action packed in..not to mention the whole piece is supported by one foot ..crazy and cool..lol

I have to agree on the Velo VS Proto..they really could have done a better pose..had the Velociraptor coming in from the side or something. Oh well I'm surprised we haven't had a dromeosaur maquette as of yet considering it's popularity.

The Dilophosaurus piece does look really nice..and of course a statue of sitting theropod for our collections finally ! lol

boba ben

I don't know.  I like them all.  :)) I agree with you though, Blade-of-the-Moon, it's hard to find a good angle that displays both subjects satisfyingly.  I have the Velociraptor facing out, but you can't really see the Protoceratops with that angle.

Carnotaurus and T-Rex vs. Triceratops are my top two, though.  For me personally, they'll probably never be topped.  I just made a deal for the Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus dio as well.  Got it for $260 shipped. Not too shabby.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have mine displayed like this :

Honestly the best way to display all of these are on pedestals in the center of a room or on slow moving turntables where they can viewed from all angles...there are just so many good views on many of them it's hard to pick just one.

rfdelgado

If anybody's lookin' for the Proto piece, I just saw one on Amazon.com a few days ago.

I just swung a deal for the Carnotaurus as well. I'm a happy guy. These are uber-cool.

rfdelgado

Blade-of-the-Moon

Very few of these pieces tend to stick around for long..even the less popular ones I guess.. lol

You still interested in the Kaiyodo Carno bud ?

rfdelgado

I am but I'm swamped these days and I don't think it's fair to hold you up on it. If you get an offer for it, you should take it. I'm very grateful. You've been very cool and I've been very lame.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: rfdelgado on April 29, 2013, 05:50:07 AM
I am but I'm swamped these days and I don't think it's fair to hold you up on it. If you get an offer for it, you should take it. I'm very grateful. You've been very cool and I've been very lame.

No worries bud, no other offers at the moment..you asked first as well. I was going to go ahead and just ship it to you actually..just wasn't sure of your home address.  I don't think I could do better than an R. Delgado original anyway. :)

In Dinosauria related news..not much longer til the Dilophosaurus is ready !

rfdelgado

May will be pretty hectic but if you can wait till June, I can zap you a drawing.

I've seen a few Proto/Velo pics, and the piece has grown on me, but just not enough for me to buy it.

There's anotehr piece I've seen out there when I google 'sideshow dinosauria' of a few parasaurolophuses climbing out of what looks to be a body of water? Is this part of the line as well? I wasn't impressed by that one.

Ordered the Dilophosaurus. Can't wait. Anyone know when the street date for that is?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: rfdelgado on May 06, 2013, 02:27:13 AM
May will be pretty hectic but if you can wait till June, I can zap you a drawing.

I've seen a few Proto/Velo pics, and the piece has grown on me, but just not enough for me to buy it.

There's anotehr piece I've seen out there when I google 'sideshow dinosauria' of a few parasaurolophuses climbing out of what looks to be a body of water? Is this part of the line as well? I wasn't impressed by that one.

Ordered the Dilophosaurus. Can't wait. Anyone know when the street date for that is?

No problem bud, June is fine.

Yeah that one is by Styles on Video if I recall. It's not a Dinosauria piece, just sold through Sideshow..I think it's pretty ugly myself...had no desire to own it.

The Dilo  ? It's July now..it was May then June I believe. 

rfdelgado

Just scored the Sideshow Camaro vs Allo!

Yeeeeesssss!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: rfdelgado on May 20, 2013, 09:01:14 PM
Just scored the Sideshow Camaro vs Allo!

Yeeeeesssss!

Awesome score Ricardo !  Hopefully we'll get an Allosaurus maquette as well at some point.  If not Shane Foulkes' model is a good stand in. :)

rfdelgado

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

rfdelgado

I like the pterosaur they have but it seems hard to find.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: