News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow DINOSAURIA (with poll)

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 3 favourite Sideshow 'Dinosauria' models?

1. Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama
4 (22.2%)
2. Apatosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
3. Brachiosaurus ornament
0 (0%)
4. Carnotaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
5. Ceratosaurus
1 (5.6%)
6. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
3 (16.7%)
7. Dilophosaurus maquette
0 (0%)
8. Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette
0 (0%)
9. Gastonia
3 (16.7%)
10. Mosasaur statue
3 (16.7%)
11. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
0 (0%)
12. Spinosaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
13. Stegosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
14. Styracosaurus maquette
1 (5.6%)
15. Triceratops statue
2 (11.1%)
16. Tupuxuara maquette
2 (11.1%)
17. Tyrannosaurus rex maquette
5 (27.8%)
18. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
1 (5.6%)
19. T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Dyscrasia

The newest, and hopefully not the last Sideshow Dinosauria piece is out~!  ;D

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2000471&ref=related_2000412

tyrantqueen

Dyscrasia

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 22, 2012, 01:33:30 AM
I thought the Stego had been out for ages? ???

It has been announced ages ago, but wasn't released until very recently....  ???

amargasaurus cazaui

I wondered if perhaps anyone could help by posting a list of the artists for the pieces? While some collect based on the animal , others might purchase a certain artistst's work more often. Just a request..thanks
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Dyscrasia

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 22, 2012, 04:57:02 AM
I wondered if perhaps anyone could help by posting a list of the artists for the pieces? While some collect based on the animal , others might purchase a certain artistst's work more often. Just a request..thanks

Some pieces are a collaborative work of more than 1 artist, but regarding the lead sculptors...

Tyrannosaurus vs. Triceratops Diorama - Adrian Taboada
Carnotaurus Maquette - Adrian Taboada
Tyrannosaurus Maquette - David Krentz
Styracosaurus Maquette - David Krentz
Brachiosaurus Hatchling Ornament - ???
Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus Diorama - Adrian Taboada
Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus Diorama - Jorge Blanco
Velociraptor vs. Protoceratops Diorama - Adrian Taboada
Spinosaurus Maquette - Tony McVey
Tupuxuara Maquette - Jorge Blanco
Apatosaurus Maquette - Jorge Blanco
Stegosaurus Maquette - Jorge Blanco

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Dyscrasia on June 22, 2012, 06:26:51 AM

Some pieces are a collaborative work of more than 1 artist, but regarding the lead sculptors...

Very considerate of you, thanks very much. I always wondered. I might focus on a few of the Jorge Blanco pieces
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dyscrasia on June 22, 2012, 06:26:51 AM

Tyrannosaurus vs. Triceratops Diorama - Adrian Taboada
Carnotaurus Maquette - Adrian Taboada
Tyrannosaurus Maquette - David Krentz
Styracosaurus Maquette - David Krentz
Brachiosaurus Hatchling Ornament - ???
Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus Diorama - Adrian Taboada
Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus Diorama - Jorge Blanco
Velociraptor vs. Protoceratops Diorama - Adrian Taboada
Spinosaurus Maquette - Tony McVey
Tupuxuara Maquette - Jorge Blanco
Apatosaurus Maquette - Jorge Blanco
Stegosaurus Maquette - Jorge Blanco

I believe Pablo Viggiano did the Brachio ornament :

I thought only one artist did each piece, but I do recall seeing that some were supervised by others..I think like Pablo would for Adrian if I recall.

Speaking of Adrian he's done some really nice Dinos in the past as well :

Yutyrannus

Spinosaurus
Apatosaurus
Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus
But, of the three, spinosaurus is by FAR my favorite!

[attachment msg=12464][/attachment]

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Blade-of-the-Moon

I do like the Spinosaurus..it's head is correct for one big point and she has lots of really nice spines that really give it an amphibious feel which speaks to it's probable lifestyle. It's also one pf the larger pieces in the range... ;D

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 25, 2012, 05:59:13 PM
I do like the Spinosaurus..it's head is correct for one big point and she has lots of really nice spines that really give it an amphibious feel which speaks to it's probable lifestyle. It's also one pf the larger pieces in the range... ;D
How do you know it's a female? :)

Argentavis

1. T-Rex Maquette (because it has character and is very rare)
    long time nothing.......
2. Carnotaurus (the running pose looks so great)
3. Apatosaurus (because of its size and massive body)

but there are much more which are great, like the Spino, the Rex vs. Tric. Dio...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 25, 2012, 08:34:20 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 25, 2012, 05:59:13 PM
How do you know it's a female? :)

She is mentioned in the story included with the figure..see the page here at Dan's store : http://stores.homestead.com/hstrial-Dliebman2/-strse-260/Spinosaurus-Maquette-by-Sideshow/Detail.bok :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I wonder if the poll needs to be reset now we actually have the Stego released.. ;D

postsaurischian

:)  I could reset all vote counts to 0 for a new round if you people want me to.

rfdelgado

I just got a few of these are have a pre-order in for the Dilophosaurs. I don't think the Euo in egg is shown in the survey. Really nice work for the most part. My wallet is lighter, but I'm really happy with the ones I have, but I'm sorry I missed out on the Camarasaurus vs. Allosaurs.

I've got:

Apatasaurus
Rex maquette
Styrac
Spino
Brach in egg
Euo in egg

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: rfdelgado on April 10, 2013, 05:58:42 PM
I just got a few of these are have a pre-order in for the Dilophosaurs. I don't think the Euo in egg is shown in the survey. Really nice work for the most part. My wallet is lighter, but I'm really happy with the ones I have, but I'm sorry I missed out on the Camarasaurus vs. Allosaurs.

I've got:

Apatasaurus
Rex maquette
Styrac
Spino
Brach in egg
Euo in egg

Nice haul Ricardo !  I've been keeping an eye out for a Rex maquette for you..glad you found one !

I think there were a couple of Allo VS Camara for sale on the sideshow collector forums awhile back. I'd keep an eye out there bud.

I think the Euo came out after the survey was done...might be about time for a new one.. ;)

Libraraptor

postsaurischian

I updated the list, because there is the new Dilophosaurus maquette. Some might also have changed their opinion.
I also had to reset all vote counts to 0. So, let's go for another round :)!
As before you only have three votes.

My vote: Apatosaurus, Tyrannosaurus & Styracosaurus maquettes :)

boba ben

1. Carnotaurus
2. Tyrannosaurus Rex vs. Triceratops
3. Stegosaurus

Carnotaurus is my favorite by far.  The T-Rex vs. Triceratops diorama is probably the most action packed piece in the line and Stegosaurus is my personal favorite that I actually own.   

I really have to reacquire the Carnotaurus and Tyrannosaurus vs. Triceratops pieces one of these days.

rfdelgado

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 11, 2013, 01:56:34 AM
Quote from: rfdelgado on April 10, 2013, 05:58:42 PM

I've got:

Apatasaurus
Rex maquette
Styrac
Spino
Brach in egg
Euo in egg

Nice haul Ricardo !  I've been keeping an eye out for a Rex maquette for you..glad you found one !

I think there were a couple of Allo VS Camara for sale on the sideshow collector forums awhile back. I'd keep an eye out there bud.

I think the Euo came out after the survey was done...might be about time for a new one.. ;)

I appreciate that, man. Seriously looking for that one. Just swung a deal for the deinosuchus/parasaurolophus as well!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: