You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gwangi on December 01, 2013, 03:58:21 AM
Great books you got there TQ, you're putting together quite the paleontology library!

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 01, 2013, 05:09:28 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on December 01, 2013, 03:58:21 AM
Great books you got there TQ, you're putting together quite the paleontology library!

Indeed they are. If only I could find the time to read them more often!

Jetoar

My last acquisitions  ^-^.

Chap mei Mammoth is terrific  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

verinnius

Very nice, Jetoar!

Always good to see Dimetrodon!

Jetoar

Quote from: verinnius on December 02, 2013, 04:44:39 AM
Very nice, Jetoar!

Always good to see Dimetrodon!

Yes it is. But I think that they are a bootleg because they dont have the signature, but the quality is awesome  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

sauroid

they look good for Fame Master bootlegs
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jetoar

Quote from: sauroid on December 02, 2013, 03:19:13 PM
they look good for Fame Master bootlegs

Yes, the quality of these figure is the best in bootlegs that I have seen.

Zhuchengotyrant

Gorgonzola's 1:72 neck down Amargasaurus finally came! I will paint it during Christmas.

Look at a picture in the Shapeways thread
-Zhuchengotyrant

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Jetoar on December 01, 2013, 12:35:03 PM

hey Jetoar I've never seen those Science4you dinosaurs. Which countries do you guys get them in? I know you're from Spain so that's one. I've never seen them US state-side.

Roselaar

Just arrived: Tyco's Dino Riders Series 3 Quetz (no accessories) and the elusive mail-away premium Pterodactylus:

Jetoar

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on December 04, 2013, 12:06:40 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on December 01, 2013, 12:35:03 PM

hey Jetoar I've never seen those Science4you dinosaurs. Which countries do you guys get them in? I know you're from Spain so that's one. I've never seen them US state-side.

Science4you is a brand of educational toys. Their dinosaurs and animals are Mojö fun. I bougth my figures in a great library. This is the page of the brand  http://www.science4you.es/

tyrantqueen

I don't know if this counts as an "acquisition", but I got one of those cool little stands that came with the various Invicta models. Here it is with MB's Ophthalmosaurus model.

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 04, 2013, 07:50:17 PM
I don't know if this counts as an "acquisition", but I got one of those cool little stands that came with the various Invicta models. Here it is with MB's Ophthalmosaurus model.

Those little stands are great--someone at Shapeways needs to start producing those!

tyrantqueen

QuoteThose little stands are great--someone at Shapeways needs to start producing those!
I agree :)

Zhuchengotyrant

I got my David Krentz Bistahieversor today, and I painted the Amargasaurus. All the spines on the Amargasaurus fell off :( I guess it's a Dicraesaurus, now  :))

I will post pictures as soon as I can! ;D
-Zhuchengotyrant

sauroid

my new ones
Favorite Collection Ankylosaurus

my nth Kabaya Trike blue var.

Mojo repaint raptor

Schleich Dilophosaurs (my 2nd one)

sega dinoking Megalosaurus

misc small figures

T.rex 1

T.rex 2
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

brontodocus

Phew, it's been a while since my last log in... :-[ Recently I bought more extant animal figures than prehistoric ones. But hey, I got my first two prehistoric Mojö figures! :D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Gorgonzola

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on December 05, 2013, 03:53:33 AM
I got my David Krentz Bistahieversor today, and I painted the Amargasaurus. All the spines on the Amargasaurus fell off :( I guess it's a Dicraesaurus, now  :))

I will post pictures as soon as I can! ;D

Ah geez, I'm really sorry to hear that Zuchengotyrant.  You're referring to the back spines, right? I wasn't sure if they would print well enough at 1/72 or not.  Would love to see photos of how it looks, if just to see how well it reproduced at that scale.
IG: @asidesart
Portfolio: asidesart.com
Patreon (Mostly non-dinosaur stuff and illustration): patreon.com/asidesart

tanystropheus

Quote from: brontodocus on December 05, 2013, 01:55:56 PM
Phew, it's been a while since my last log in... :-[ Recently I bought more extant animal figures than prehistoric ones. But hey, I got my first two prehistoric Mojö figures! :D

What a lovely haul! I didn't know that the Mojö figures were out!

Jetoar

Mojö figures are very cool  ^-^.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: