You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sepp on February 24, 2015, 11:55:50 PM
I was in Tennessee for a week visiting my husband on his job site, and in a little antique shop I found a still-in-its-plastic-bag Tyco Styracosaurus :) The horns had poked through the plastic and were worn of paint but it's technically still new! Haha. $4!

Nice find!

You were in TN and didn't come by to say "hi!" ?   :o

docronnie

Simply beautiful models, Tallin!  :)

Congrats BOTM on your Schleich Retro Apato, likewise Sepp, on the Tyco Styracosaurus (isn't this considered rare already?)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

sauroid

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 24, 2015, 11:48:00 PM
Older Schleich "Retro" Apatosaurus..there is nothing like a nice "hefty" dinosaur figure..especially when it comes to sauropods. This girl has some awesome weight...woe to any child that bullied the kid that wielded this figure! lol

which one is heftier? this one or the discontinued large gray Apato?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sauroid on February 25, 2015, 07:18:09 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 24, 2015, 11:48:00 PM
Older Schleich "Retro" Apatosaurus..there is nothing like a nice "hefty" dinosaur figure..especially when it comes to sauropods. This girl has some awesome weight...woe to any child that bullied the kid that wielded this figure! lol

which one is heftier? this one or the discontinued large gray Apato?

Between these two:

I'd guess the newer one is slightly heavier though both are much more than the papo brachio..nearer the carnegie brachio..the original one.

I do like this one though..very happy to add it to the collection.  ^-^

RobinGoodfellow

The HUGE 1:15 Collecta Triceratops from NHM London:

Tyto_Theropod

It's not on my personal wishlist, but it easily could be - seriously, what a beaut!
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Bokisaurus

Great new additions everyone. It's been a while, but some new addition finally arrived, the first wave of CollectA 2015! :) and one Safari in the mix ;)
[
[
[
Happy hunting! ^-^

Patrx

I like the shot of the Archaeopteryx on the branch :)

Concavenator

That Archaeopteryx is so damn pretty! 

Dinomike

Wow! That is one amazing pic of the archaeopteryx! Love it!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

laticauda

That is the best picture I have seen of this Archaeopteryx toy.  Very nice  :)

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Tyto_Theropod

They're all beautiful, Boki, but as a Safari fan I have to say that the more I see of that Archaeopteryx, the more I love it! I'd have my own by now, but there's so much I want ATM that I'm having problems sorting out what I'm going to spend my pocket money on. The new Velociraptor and Archaeopteryx will almost certainly be included, though... ;)  Any chance you might review some of these, then?
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Fofer

Shonisaurus

The archeopteryx is from the most accurate of all the figures of Safari paleontological point.
Moreover thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures of Collecta.

SpartanSquat

My newest figures.
Papo Apatosaurus

A good friend gave me this awesome figure.
SH Monsterarts Godzilla 2014

Blade-of-the-Moon

Roselaar

Excellent new Collectasaurs! Is the Daxiatitan as big as the Argentinosaurus? It appears bigger, but maybe the Pliosaurus is just smaller than I reckoned.

sepp

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 25, 2015, 12:13:28 AM

Nice find!

I didn't realize you were in TN! I was held up in Manchester, I wasn't able to drive out so far east :x Next time I'm there I'll do my best to make a special trip!  :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sepp on February 27, 2015, 10:22:35 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 25, 2015, 12:13:28 AM

Nice find!

I didn't realize you were in TN! I was held up in Manchester, I wasn't able to drive out so far east :x Next time I'm there I'll do my best to make a special trip!  :))

Yeah we're about as far east as you can get in the state..lol  Maye next time it will be warmer here too..not an ice age..;) :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: