You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

A Miragia (big hollow sculpt, from a bazaar in Turkey and old Bullyland museum line Stegosaurus. Although I´m not here that often anymore, the fire still burns :)

Roselaar

Kingsday has come and gone. It was a good year for flea markets. Here's my total haul:

Little minipuzzles of various dinosaurs, all complete thankfully.

Big amount of various small dinosaur figures. I got them all together in a box, except for the Linde Rhamphorhynchus (which by itself was a good deal for 10 cts  ;D). The creepy rubbery figures on the left are based on the smaller Safari figures, but are they an official Safari line? I've never seen them before. Some of the figures of the line on the right bear remarkable resemblances to Kaiyodo Dinotales figures, like the Megatherium, Iguanodon and Struthiomimus.

Assorted books, comics and movies/series, some involving prehistorics. Also a JP III size comparison chart.

The big dinosaur score. All kinds of figures (kudos to those who recognize them all), some of them surprisingly old. A bunch of these I already have, and I'll soon add them to my Classifieds thread. Some of them also need ID-ying.

Good year! :)

suspsy

Here's a clash of the CollectAs for you! The newly acquired 2015 Pliosaurus vs the 2014 Mosasaurus!

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

EmperorDinobot

Those are some great marine reptiles suspsy.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Roselaar on April 27, 2015, 05:43:02 PM

Big amount of various small dinosaur figures. I got them all together in a box, except for the Linde Rhamphorhynchus (which by itself was a good deal for 10 cts  ;D). The creepy rubbery figures on the left are based on the smaller Safari figures, but are they an official Safari line? I've never seen them before. Some of the figures of the line on the right bear remarkable resemblances to Kaiyodo Dinotales figures, like the Megatherium, Iguanodon and Struthiomimus.
They are not official Safari LTD products. I see that line sold in the dollar stores around here, they are "Dollarama no-name", but nothing Dollarama claims to make is actually made by them...

Roselaar

Quote from: stargatedalek on April 27, 2015, 07:27:19 PM

They are not official Safari LTD products. I see that line sold in the dollar stores around here, they are "Dollarama no-name", but nothing Dollarama claims to make is actually made by them...

Thanks for the info, didn't think Safari would bother with these rubbery beasties.

suspsy

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on April 27, 2015, 07:06:37 PM
Those are some great marine reptiles suspsy.

Indeed! I'm hoping CollectA gives us a Shastasaurus or an Elasmosaurus in 2016.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

sauroid

Kingsday has come and gone. It was a good year for flea markets. Here's my total haul:

i recognise some of the minis as Hayakawa figures.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

Quote from: sauroid on April 27, 2015, 07:54:34 PM

Never heard the name. Anything more on that?

sauroid

Quote from: Roselaar on April 27, 2015, 07:59:17 PM
Quote from: sauroid on April 27, 2015, 07:54:34 PM

Never heard the name. Anything more on that?
afaik, hayakawa is a japanese company. the ones i recognise as hayakawas are the dark trikes, the blue liopleurodon, the skinny parasaurolophus, the struthiomimus, and i think the stego, spino and iguanodon are also hayakawa.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

From the looks of it, all the figures in the lower part of the pic are from that same line, they look and feel similar in style. Some of them are quite good (particularly the ones they ripped from Kaiyodo), others not so much. Some of them also have a distinct JP feel.

Raptoress

Won some good dinosaurs in a lot of Chinasaurs! :D The main prize for me was the Jurassic Park Triceratops WITH the dino-damage wound patch! It also comes with the Jurassic Park electronic Dilophosaurus, Invicta Triceratops (but it has a chewed tail :() Invicta Pteranodon and Safari Ltd/Carnegie Dimetrodon. Paid £20.51 for the lot.

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on April 28, 2015, 09:01:40 PM
From the looks of it, all the figures in the lower part of the pic are from that same line, they look and feel similar in style. Some of them are quite good (particularly the ones they ripped from Kaiyodo), others not so much. Some of them also have a distinct JP feel.

The 'better' ones may be Waiphoon models. I recall them making a set of smaller dinos.

Roselaar

Quote from: SBell on April 29, 2015, 05:30:47 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on April 28, 2015, 09:01:40 PM

The 'better' ones may be Waiphoon models. I recall them making a set of smaller dinos.

Could be, there's a bunch of them that resemble their larger Waiphoon counterparts.

joossa

I got this. Check out the Rebor Ceratosaurus topic for my review. Not really happy with it.
My Collection Topic will have all comparison and base pictures I took.

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Dinomike

What a pity there are some issues with the Ceratosaurus! Not the only one out there though - my Garnegie Giga and Spino fall over as well as Safari Dilopho. And Battat Cryo. I guess it's the price that makes the difference.  You'd expect a pricy model to be able to stand:)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Daspletodave

some of my recent (and not so recent) acquisitions:

Daspletodave

The new Favorite Dimetrodon and his Bullyland, Carnegie, and Papo counterparts

Daspletodave

More Archelon pics

They found an Archelon with one entire flipper bitten clean off. The only creature that could have been responsible was Tylosaurus.

stargatedalek

Colorata quetzalcoatlus

Invicta icthyosaurus

JPTLW Parasaurolophus

JP Chaos Effect Ankyloranodon

(Jurassic) Park of Thrones

JP Chaos Effect Velociraptoryx

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: