You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

Nice acquisitions, everybody, especially the Sideshow carno!
This guy came in last week; I'm  in the home stretch of completing my Carnegie Collection, only missing the australopithecus, protoceratops, small dimetrodon, euoplocephalus and mosasaurus (not counting paint/mold variants).

[Image Removed]

*Also my 500th post- I am now a Hero Member!
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on May 25, 2015, 10:22:29 PM
This guy came in last week; I'm  in the home stretch of completing my Carnegie Collection, only missing the australopithecus, protoceratops, small dimetrodon, euoplocephalus and mosasaurus (not counting paint/mold variants).

Congrats on hero status! I like that Sinraptor figure, although yours is in better condition than mine! In case you're interested, I have all of your missing Carnegies except the Australopithecus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on May 25, 2015, 10:22:29 PM

I believe I still have a spare Mosasaurs--with tag--that I don't need. PM if you're interested.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Thanks for the offers however I am not interested at the moment in sales and trades, however its nice to know people are willing. I eventually intend to make a search/sale thread but not for a while yet.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

SBell

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on May 26, 2015, 01:35:23 AM
Thanks for the offers however I am not interested at the moment in sales and trades, however its nice to know people are willing. I eventually intend to make a search/sale thread but not for a while yet.

No worries. I did confirm that I do have one with a tag, but it's not like it's taking up room. I have enough other models doing that.

docronnie

Quote from: Roselaar on May 25, 2015, 08:29:52 PM
Good haul, docronnie! The DeAgostini Rex sure has a neat retro quality to it.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 25, 2015, 06:18:37 PM
That De Agostini Tyrannosaurus is pretty sweet..lots of character!

Thanks Roselaar and BOTM!  Actually I almost left it behind because it is hollow. I thought it was another Chinasaur! Hahaha!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Cammy

Nothing too unique here, I got the Jurassic World Indominus Rex, some JW LEGO, and this cute little LEGO knockoff of a "Dinosaur Island" set, and I got this awesome Australian Age of Dinosaurs hatching egg!

I still haven't got around to it, but I haven't forgotten, I will take some photos of my Walking With Dinosaurs Brachiosaurus so you guys can see how it looks out of the box.

EmperorDinobot

I'm waiting to receive Halichocheres' dinosaurs and the top secret dinos I acquired 2 months ago to post everything I've gotten since April. It's quite the haul.

Docronnie: I love your Planeta DeAgostini T.rex! Mine is more yellow though. I know there's variations to all these molds. Man, I wish I had them all. I have about 26 of them and I know there were more than 50.

Arul

Good for you Cammy  :D i really want that trex lego

docronnie

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on May 26, 2015, 11:29:39 AM
I'm waiting to receive Halichocheres' dinosaurs and the top secret dinos I acquired 2 months ago to post everything I've gotten since April. It's quite the haul.

Docronnie: I love your Planeta DeAgostini T.rex! Mine is more yellow though. I know there's variations to all these molds. Man, I wish I had them all. I have about 26 of them and I know there were more than 50.

Wow! That many huh!  You should post the pics on the Dinosaur Toy Lines under Planeta DeAgostini, so that collectors would be able to recognize them while toy hunting. :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

joossa

Have fun building those, Cammy. :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

RobinGoodfellow

I was lucky to find this rare guy on Ebay at a reasonable price ....  ;D

Safari Missing Links  Woolly Rhino

Roselaar

Scored these today:

JPS2 Dino Trackers, the uncommon European variation. I was surprised to find these for a rather cheap price in a collector's store. The JPS1 figures they had were more expensive, but these are way harder to find, so I guess they didn't know what they had with these. I already owned both of them, but I didn't think I would ever find them for this price again, and I could always sell them later if need be.

My first 2015 Collecta haul. Good figures! The Daxiatitan is bigger than expected and doesn't resemble the Argentinosaurus as much as I had feared. The Ceratopsians are better than expected as well. The Xiongguanlong isn't as impressive, but fun enough. Hopefully this one will remain standing upright on its base...

Halichoeres

Assuming those ceratopsians are around the same size as CollectA's other ceratopsians, that Daxiatitan does look to be a decent size. Bigger than the Argentinosaurus? If so, that's encouraging. I'm often a little disappointed in the size of their standard range sauropods.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jetoar

My last acquisitions of yesterday

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

RobinGoodfellow

...some old (and modern) mammals & 2 dinos :

suspsy

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 27, 2015, 05:17:10 PM
Assuming those ceratopsians are around the same size as CollectA's other ceratopsians, that Daxiatitan does look to be a decent size. Bigger than the Argentinosaurus? If so, that's encouraging. I'm often a little disappointed in the size of their standard range sauropods.

Yes, the Medusa and the Nasuto are the same size as previous ceratopsians in the standard line. I don't own the Argentinosaurus myself, but I've seen comparison photos and the Daxiatitan is slightly taller.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: suspsy on May 29, 2015, 06:10:14 PM

Yes, the Medusa and the Nasuto are the same size as previous ceratopsians in the standard line. I don't own the Argentinosaurus myself, but I've seen comparison photos and the Daxiatitan is slightly taller.

Size Comparison:

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on May 29, 2015, 06:10:14 PM

It must be noted that the daxiatitan is the largest standard size to date by the company Collecta sauropod.

Moreover the medusaceratops and nasutoceratops as already said are the same size as the xenoceratops and Diabloceratops, maybe a little less great. Of course the size of most standard size figures of dinosaurs Collecta is totally daunting.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: