You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on October 29, 2015, 05:10:17 AM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on October 28, 2015, 10:00:17 PM
Sorry, I didn't answer to some questions about my latest acquisitions because I'm not at home in these days ( busy working... )  :-[
As others said, Triceratops and Camarasaurus are german figures made by Ravensburger for the Tiptoi line.
Here the complete line (with the exception of the Velociraptor - I don't have it - ):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157652403179228

Have a nice day  :)

Thanks for sharing this dino line of figures. I don't think I was ever familiar with them. They remind me a bit like the newer Schkeich figures, especially with the color scheme they use. What is that yellow/orange oval patch I see on all of them on the Amazon site?

http://youtu.be/89CiToFdD2A

It's in German but it's easy to understand. The Tiptoi pen shows some informations about the model to the kids using that tool.

sauroid

would have been nice to have some of the Ravensburger figures, if not for that darn yellow thing.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

It reminds me of the Discovery Kids dinosaurs from Jakks Pacific. Those had little stickers over the spot where you touched a little remote to hear information about the dinosaurs. But the stickers came off and you were left with a smooth spot of the same base color as the rest of the animal. Are these the same, or is the orange spot permanent?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 29, 2015, 05:03:11 PM
It reminds me of the Discovery Kids dinosaurs from Jakks Pacific. Those had little stickers over the spot where you touched a little remote to hear information about the dinosaurs. But the stickers came off and you were left with a smooth spot of the same base color as the rest of the animal. Are these the same, or is the orange spot permanent?

Unfortunately it's permanent....   :-\

Roselaar

Got this lot in today!:

Those minisaurs better stay in their tubes, or else the Spinosaurs will have a nice snack. :)

tyrantqueen

Did you get the Deluxe Spino from Urzeitshop? I ordered mine from Dan and I'm still waiting...

Shonisaurus

I know the only store that sells them is minizoo.au

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

SBell

I just came back from a trip to Florida and found a few great things (and left behind a lot of terrible things).

First off, I found a ridiculous number of rays--and this doesn't even count my kids' stuffed animals...

I also found a few dinos:

The Battat re-release  Ceratosaurus and Amargasaurus. And my son found a 4D puzzle 'raptor' model, which is clearly based on the Ornitholestes from Walking with Dinosaurs.

MLMjp

Quote from: Roselaar on October 29, 2015, 08:50:20 PM
Got this lot in today!:

Those minisaurs better stay in their tubes, or else the Spinosaurs will have a nice snack. :)

Is it me or every single new picture makes the deluxe spine look not as good as the previous? I´m NOT saying that it looks bad, but if you compare it to the picture of the toy fair that show the three spinos....
Still, I´m going to get it no matter what

Roselaar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 29, 2015, 09:40:13 PM
Did you get the Deluxe Spino from Urzeitshop? I ordered mine from Dan and I'm still waiting...

Bought it at my regular real-time physical Collecta address in Amsterdam. Guess they got it in early. The big Spino indeed isn't as detailed as the stock photos would have us believe, but still a very impressive large figure.

Sbell, that 4D puzzle is awesome! Is it FameMaster? And where can I get one? :)

tyrantqueen

QuoteBought it at my regular real-time physical Collecta address in Amsterdam. Guess they got it in early. The big Spino indeed isn't as detailed as the stock photos would have us believe, but still a very impressive large figure.
I guess most toys rarely live up to the prototype. Still looks great though.

tyrantqueen

QuoteSbell, that 4D puzzle is awesome! Is it FameMaster? And where can I get one?
There http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/22-PCS-3D-Puzzle-Dinosaur-Eggs-Building-Blocks-Raptor-9835-/231312329222?hash=item35db4a0a06:g:lpsAAOSwbqpT9HXJ

Actually forget that. I didn't realise it was a bulk listing.

Bokisaurus

Nice additions. I really wish those spins and rex would be available already! ;)

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on October 30, 2015, 10:55:00 PM

Bought it at my regular real-time physical Collecta address in Amsterdam. Guess they got it in early. The big Spino indeed isn't as detailed as the stock photos would have us believe, but still a very impressive large figure.

The Canadian CollectA distributor failed to get more than a few of the deluxe spinos in--no standard figures, no tubes. I am, as usual, unimpressed. I do have some coming...eventually.

As for the puzzle, it is a FameMaster but it appeared to be repackaged, as they often havce been. We found just the one in the Orlando airport, so that probably wouldn't help much. That brand makes some great models, but they are way too obscure or hard to find.

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on October 29, 2015, 06:08:10 AM
Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on October 29, 2015, 05:10:17 AM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on October 28, 2015, 10:00:17 PM
Sorry, I didn't answer to some questions about my latest acquisitions because I'm not at home in these days ( busy working... )  :-[
As others said, Triceratops and Camarasaurus are german figures made by Ravensburger for the Tiptoi line.
Here the complete line (with the exception of the Velociraptor - I don't have it - ):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157652403179228

Have a nice day  :)

Thanks for sharing this dino line of figures. I don't think I was ever familiar with them. They remind me a bit like the newer Schkeich figures, especially with the color scheme they use. What is that yellow/orange oval patch I see on all of them on the Amazon site?

http://youtu.be/89CiToFdD2A

It's in German but it's easy to understand. The Tiptoi pen shows some informations about the model to the kids using that tool.

Thank you! They seem like pretty big models. I have to say I laughed a bit at the German narrator. He was going on and on in German, then all of a sudden, "Wow! Super!!" ;) Hehe! Thanks again. They look pretty cool!

And congrats, Roselaar! Nice to see these finally coming into someone's hands. :)

Roselaar

Quote from: SBell on October 31, 2015, 01:01:38 AM
Quote from: Roselaar on October 30, 2015, 10:55:00 PM

The Canadian CollectA distributor failed to get more than a few of the deluxe spinos in--no standard figures, no tubes. I am, as usual, unimpressed. I do have some coming...eventually.

As for the puzzle, it is a FameMaster but it appeared to be repackaged, as they often havce been. We found just the one in the Orlando airport, so that probably wouldn't help much. That brand makes some great models, but they are way too obscure or hard to find.

Okay, thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out for this lovely figure.

Should anyone want close-ups of the Spinosaur(s), just let me know.

suspsy

I'm not interested in acquiring the Deluxe, but I would still like to see some pics, please.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

Concavenator

Quote from: suspsy on October 31, 2015, 02:39:26 PM
I'm not interested in acquiring the Deluxe, but I would still like to see some pics, please.
Don't you like it?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: