News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Cretaceous Creations studios updates and images

Started by sfstudios, March 25, 2012, 04:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: caspakian on April 12, 2012, 04:00:11 PM
With the smoother skull, I had to read the follow up post to realize what you were doing, but after reading the explanation and thinking about it for just a little while, I got used to the idea and kinda started liking it. I was suprised to see you change it so quickly. Don't get me wrong, because I like both versions. I know it is a lot of extra work and more cost in producing, but one suggestion I have is to consider producing two heads on something like this. One smooth and keratin covered, and one scaley. I gaurantee that I would buy both. Collectors who only liked one version though could pick the one they liked.

That leads to ideas like producing two different heads for pose as well , one mouth open, one mouth closed..a great feature for the customizer or diorama-ist.

Though like  I mentioned before for those that wanted a scaly head it could be customized to have one..now it could be customized to have the other if one preferred..actually it wouldn't be too hard at all to layer down a layer of putty, smooth it out and add a few creases and such. ;)

sfstudios

Shane Foulkes

stoneage

Himmapaan

I just so wish I had more space (and cash, naturally) for more of Shane's models (and more time to build and paint them!). I presently have only two, and it is thanks to their more modest scale that I felt able to procure them at all: the Tarbosaurus & Saurolophus infant and the Giganotosaurus.  ;D

0onarcissisto0

Quote from: sfstudios on April 12, 2012, 08:04:12 PM
I wish my job was that simple Chris.

Hahaha, yeah, I wasn't convinced about the whole layering on more putty being simple.
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on April 12, 2012, 11:20:18 PM
Quote from: sfstudios on April 12, 2012, 08:04:12 PM
I wish my job was that simple Chris.

Hahaha, yeah, I wasn't convinced about the whole layering on more putty being simple.

No your job is definitely harder bud, didn't mean to be-little or anything of course.  Just saying it can be done. Putting a paper thin layer of putty on top of the existing frame work and detailing it quickly before it dries shouldn't be VERY hard. I know several model builders that seem to make new skin to cover patches and mods quite quickly . 

Roktman

The keratin based head would definitely been more exciting.  :-\

sfstudios

Yes originally i thought being that its possible i should represent that idea but the recent finds of a large Ceratopsian (yet unamed) in death battle with a Nanotyrannus has changed my view. This new Chasmosaurian was Triceratops in size with new features on the head unlike any other so far plus it had a large patch of skin preserved on its frill WITH SCALES so that settles that , at least with Chasmosaurian related species. Maybe Triceratops still had Keratin but right now its just a proposed therory. My Chasmo sculpt is done and im pickin up castings today, i will assemble him and get pics here soon. I have to get the first casting built up for the Wonderfest show.
Shane Foulkes

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sfstudios on May 08, 2012, 02:34:53 PM
Yes originally i thought being that its possible i should represent that idea but the recent finds of a large Ceratopsian (yet unamed) in death battle with a Nanotyrannus has changed my view. This new Chasmosaurian was Triceratops in size with new features on the head unlike any other so far plus it had a large patch of skin preserved on its frill WITH SCALES so that settles that , at least with Chasmosaurian related species. Maybe Triceratops still had Keratin but right now its just a proposed therory. My Chasmo sculpt is done and im pickin up castings today, i will assemble him and get pics here soon. I have to get the first casting built up for the Wonderfest show.

Man, cutting it a little close eh ? heh heh ;D

How many new pieces are going to make an appearance at the show this time from you Shane ? :)

sfstudios

Well Chris i will have 3 new castings ,Chasmosaurus and sauropelta, and a rerelease (with improvements) on my Gojiraganthous (concept Godzilla) from 10 years ago with all new molds and mods. also will have torvosaur , Giganoto, Tarbo, Allosaur, which right there is 40 resin castings total but i may if my caster has time one of each of the others like T-rex , Tric, Torosaur, and such. Next year i will have Baryonyx, Pachyrhino pair,  Orlortitan and or Carcharodontosaur all in 1/15th scale along with a 1/35th scale Triceratops and Amargasaurus and others,. if time permits.
Shane Foulkes

Joel

Woo-Hoo! I can't wait for your new Baryonyx  and Carcharodontosaurus! In fact, (I may have said this before), I'm going to order two Carcharodontosaurus and make one into a Giganotosaurus. And you say your going to make a pair of Pachyrhinosaurus? Count me in on those too!

Do you have any upcoming plans for that 1/18 Torosaurus listed on the "In the Works" part of your new page, or will this be a commissioned work or something? I'd like to get that guy too when he's done.

caspakian

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sfstudios on May 08, 2012, 06:55:44 PM
Well Chris i will have 3 new castings ,Chasmosaurus and sauropelta, and a rerelease (with improvements) on my Gojiraganthous (concept Godzilla) from 10 years ago with all new molds and mods. also will have torvosaur , Giganoto, Tarbo, Allosaur, which right there is 40 resin castings total but i may if my caster has time one of each of the others like T-rex , Tric, Torosaur, and such. Next year i will have Baryonyx, Pachyrhino pair,  Orlortitan and or Carcharodontosaur all in 1/15th scale along with a 1/35th scale Triceratops and Amargasaurus and others,. if time permits.

I think I recall that Godzilla piece..it's been a long while since I've seen it though.

I def need to save for next year...I'm thinking  I will be wanting the Bary, Olorotitan, and Charcharo for sure.

How goes the work on the 1/15 Quetz and 1/1 Velociraptor ?  I would guess your Psittacosaurus will make the show as well right ?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Joel on May 08, 2012, 07:24:45 PM

Do you have any upcoming plans for that 1/18 Torosaurus listed on the "In the Works" part of your new page, or will this be a commissioned work or something? I'd like to get that guy too when he's done.

I think that's the 1/15 Torosaurus and it was released last year. :)
I know Dan has it for sale : http://stores.homestead.com/hstrial-Dliebman2/-strse-422/Torosaurus-with-Baby-Resin/Detail.bok

Joel

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Joel on May 09, 2012, 03:07:09 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 09, 2012, 02:07:03 AM
I think that's the 1/15 Torosaurus and it was released last year. :)
I know Dan has it for sale : http://stores.homestead.com/hstrial-Dliebman2/-strse-422/Torosaurus-with-Baby-Resin/Detail.bok
No, that one is different. Here is the one I'm talking about from his new web page: http://www.cretaceouscreationsofamerica.com/torosaurus2.html

Ah. I hadn't even seen that new site yet..wasn't even aware it was up already.

Joel

He put it up a few months ago. With all his new stuff coming out, it looks like he's going to have to update it again! :D

Hopefully Shane will chime in soon to settle this 1/18 Torosaurus question.

sfstudios

Ok im chimin. The website is up but still have alot of features to add to the site and alot of the info thats on there is incorrect, i dont manage the site i have people who do it for me :-[
Must talk with people and get it fixed. Im too busy right now with WF so it will have to wait till after. The Image listed as Torosaurus 1/18th is completely wrong! its a 1/35th scale Triceratops in progress ,how he came up with Torosaur i will never know. Trust me there is about 50 major errors, prices, sizes/scales, mispelled names, misplaced images in the wrong section and so on.  >:(
Shane Foulkes

sfstudios

Here are some images of the new Chasmosaurus, this is the first casting and its now ready for paint. This one will be on the Table at WF. Also some pics of the Infant stegosaur that was ordered and finished for the Houston Museum Of natural Science. They have my baby Stegosaur too.

[attachment msg=8688][/attachment]
Shane Foulkes

sfstudios

Shane Foulkes

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: