News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Posting images

Started by DinoToyForum, March 25, 2012, 06:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Is anybody else having a problem with accessing the postimages.org page at the moment?

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 15, 2020, 08:40:30 AM
Is anybody else having a problem with accessing the postimages.org page at the moment?

Just tried it and it seems to be down on my end, too.

postsaurischian

Thanks for letting me know! So I hope the homepage is just currently under construction.

Libraraptor

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 15, 2020, 08:40:30 AM

I use it, too. Hopefully it´s just a short disturbance.

Bread

Has anyone been having issues using imgur lately? Haven't been able to upload images for a few days.

Stegotyranno420

Has anyone else been having trouble with today Postimages? Whenever I open it, I get that page that shows a paper with a sad face, and when I click reload, nothing change
Edit:it works again, for now...

Crackington

Just went on there to check and it was Ok from here in the UK...

Halichoeres

I'm not sure if people know this, but it's possible to show what code looks like by hitting the pound/hash symbol and typing inside the tags. It shows the code without executing it, which lets you give instructions that someone can just copy and paste.

For example:

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/7911/46829713712_a4104cd4ff_c.jpg[/img]
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

New2Dino

Hello,
I am new to this forum and forums in general.  How can I insert a jpg?

I see the insert button, but that just adds "[img][/img.]"  How do I upload the pic?

Thanks.

Newt

Welcome to the forum!

The short answer is, you must upload your pics elsewhere, such as flickr.com or postimages.org.  Then you copy the image url and paste it between the img tags.

More info here:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=173.0

New2Dino

andrewsaurus rex

can someone recommend a good free image hosting service for 2021......i'm in North America if that makes a difference.

Stegotyranno420

Postimages. You can also use reddit as a image hoster too. Want an example of both?

Halichoeres

Flickr is free for light use, up to 1,000 images.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

andrewsaurus rex

thanks to both of you for the suggestions   :)

HA!   Adrian, I DID IT!...lol

I went with Postimage......didn't even have to sign up, super duper easy (once I figured out which of the 10 links they provide to use, heh).

Anyone know how long they will support the link before removing it?

Stegotyranno420

i believe if you select no expiration date then it stays for ever

andrewsaurus rex

wow that's amazing.  So how does Photobucket stay in business??

Stegotyranno420

A @andrewsaurus i have no idea about the photo hosters.
If you want to share a postimage photo to someone individually or through a link, it will bomabrd them with advertisements(i tried that in class and my teacher did not see it coming), use Reddit(i know reddit may have a bad stereotype, but as long as you interact with the right people, you will be fine).
1. Post the image you want in any sub reddit(on a computer preferably)
2.Go to your post
3.Click the picture, do not copy address or open it in a new tab(it will decrease the quality), just click it.
4.once it takes you to a new page with the picture, copy the address of the recently opened tab
5.Share it and remember to [ img] [/img ] the link
here's the example

Kapitaenosavrvs

I use this Site since years https://imgbb.com/ without an account and it always works fine, fast and easy.

andrewsaurus rex

imgbb works great too......maybe i'll use it instead given the spam issues with Postimage.     

Stegotyranno420 thanks for the info......I think i'll use imgbb for now as it's easy for my pea brain to understand, unless you are aware of issues with it?  I like your art btw.  :)

thanks again for the help everyone.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: