News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Re: Feathering proof

Started by Gwangi, October 04, 2013, 03:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisdino

1. Glorified dinosaur is not a real word, stop using it.

2. It is a small Alvarezsaurid, not an avian. What would make it an avian? Okay, well, I suppose this is also an avian then:

Really, answer my question, would you portray Stulturiomimus with or without feathers?

Trisdino

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on August 07, 2014, 08:09:35 PM
Quote from: Trisdino on August 07, 2014, 08:06:57 PM
Let me introduce you to my little friend, his name is Yuty-bloodyfeathers-rannus, and he is a 10 meter long tyrannosaurid covered in fuzz, now shut up and answer my question:

Is that all it's known feathers? How do we know that this isn't a remnant tail tuft? Your basing feathery large theropods on a single fossil? This could just be left over baby fuzz.

Are you... is this... what?? Have you in NO WAY researched this? A. No, this is not the only feathers we found, B. Yes, it was a TEN METER LONG BABY.

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Trisdino on August 07, 2014, 08:12:53 PM
Quote from: Trisdino on August 07, 2014, 08:06:57 PM
Let me introduce you to my little friend, his name is Yuty-bloodyfeathers-rannus, and he is a 10 meter long tyrannosaurid covered in fuzz, now shut up and answer my question:

Is that all it's known feathers? How do we know that this isn't a remnant tail tuft? Your basing feathery large theropods on a single fossil? This could just be left over baby fuzz.

Are you... is this... what?? Have you in NO WAY researched this? A. No, this is not the only feathers we found, B. Yes, it was a TEN METER LONG BABY.

I'm not up to date on Chinese dinosaurs, too many hard to read names and I don't hear about them much.
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Yutyrannus

Wow, just wow :o! I can't believe you actually think this 10 meter dinosaur was a baby, you probably think Archaeopteryx looked like this ::).
http://yoult.deviantart.com/art/Archaeopteryx-literalis-422925452

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

stargatedalek

drop the baby fluff shiz, I'm damn sick of it

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on August 07, 2014, 08:17:53 PM
A) I'm not up to date on Chinese dinosaurs, B) too many hard to read names and I don't hear about them much.
A) if you weren't "so up to date" than why the bloody hell claim you were in the first place
B) *facepalm*

Trisdino

By my calculations, taking into account how much an average animals grows throughout it life, that would make yutyrannus the first 40 meter long theropod! This sure is an exciting find.

Edit: So wait... you do not keep up on asian fossils... even though that is where MOST FEATHERED DINOSAURS are found? That explains a ton.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 07, 2014, 08:19:41 PM

A) I'm not up to date on Chinese dinosaurs, B) too many hard to read names and I don't hear about them much.
A) if you weren't "so up to date" than why the bloody hell claim you were in the first place
B) *facepalm*
I know, it is really irritating, the evidence is staring him in the face and he's just ignoring it.

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 07, 2014, 08:18:28 PM
Wow, just wow :o! I can't believe you actually think this 10 meter dinosaur was a baby, you probably think Archaeopteryx looked like this ::).

I ment it could have had some left over hatchling fuzz, it was an adult, but a few tufts hadn't fallen off yet.
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Trisdino on August 07, 2014, 08:19:55 PM
By my calculations, taking into account how much an average animals grows throughout it life, that would make yutyrannus the first 40 meter long theropod! This sure is an exciting find.

Edit: So wait... you do not keep up on asian fossils... even though that is where MOST FEATHERED DINOSAURS are found? That explains a ton.
It sure does.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on August 07, 2014, 08:22:30 PM

I ment it could have had some left over hatchling fuzz, it was an adult, but a few tufts hadn't fallen off yet.
Hatchling fuzz on a fully grown 10 meter theropod?

Trisdino

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on August 07, 2014, 08:22:30 PM

If it is an adult with fuzz, that aint baby fuzz anymore, is it? Also, we found fuzz all over its body, including the head. That there is not babyfuzz, it is a structure found on many theropod dinosaurs, similar to that of emus, and it covers the entire animal.

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 07, 2014, 08:19:41 PM
drop the baby fluff shiz, I'm damn sick of it

B) *facepalm*

I'm up to date for most of the dinosaurs of the world.
-UDK

Yutyrannus

You just said you weren't! Make up your mind already ::)!

Trisdino

Asia is one of, if not the, places with the highest quantity, and most important, fossils discovered, so no, you do not know shit about dinosaurs.

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 07, 2014, 08:24:55 PM

I am, but Chinese dinosaurs, not so much.
-UDK

Trisdino

Which means that you do not know anything about velociraptor, which was from mongolia and china. Case settled, you know nothing John snow.

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Trisdino on August 07, 2014, 08:25:34 PM
Asia is one of, if not the, places with the highest quantity, and most important, fossils discovered, so no, you do not know shit about dinosaurs.

I wouldn't say the most important, megalosaurus was from Europe, deinonychus was from North America, carnotaurus from South America.
-UDK

Yutyrannus

Yep, case settled. Besides he clearly has something against feathered dinosaurs (including birds).

stargatedalek

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on August 07, 2014, 08:26:09 PM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 07, 2014, 08:24:55 PM

I am, but Chinese dinosaurs, not so much.
as Trisdino just explained, thats a paradox

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Trisdino on August 07, 2014, 08:26:50 PM
Which means that you do not know anything about velociraptor, which was from mongolia and china. Case settled, you know nothing John snow.

I was up to date, until they started churning out tons of glorified dinosaurs and tiny mammals.
-UDK

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: