News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Placerias

Started by thelordsgym, March 26, 2012, 08:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thelordsgym

Hi, to all my fellow collectors who are looking for that chinosaurs Placerias....here it is, along with some other figures and free shipping:
chinosaurs Placerias on Amazon
Better get em quick as there are only 7 sets left  :D

Takama

Free shipping if you buy $25 of eligeble merchandise

stemturtle

Quote from: thelordsgym on March 26, 2012, 08:41:49 PM
Hi, to all my fellow collectors who are looking for that chinosaurs Placerias....here it is, along with some other figures and free shipping:

Carton for Dinosaur Set 2

Thelordsgym kindly wrote that Amazon sells a Placerias.  This 6-piece set is the Billy V Dinosaur Collection from Toyway, which also includes an Iguanodon, Ankylosaurus, Corythosaurus, Camptosaurus, and a Postosuchus.  These are Chinasaur quality, except for Placerias.

I am wondering if the desirable Placerias can now be promoted from the status of a Chinasaur to Toyway. What do you think?

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

SBell

Quote from: stemturtle on April 14, 2012, 09:37:28 PM
Quote from: thelordsgym on March 26, 2012, 08:41:49 PM

Carton for Dinosaur Set 2

Thelordsgym kindly wrote that Amazon sells a Placerias.  This 6-piece set is the Billy V Dinosaur Collection from Toyway, which also includes an Iguanodon, Ankylosaurus, Corythosaurus, Camptosaurus, and a Postosuchus.  These are Chinasaur quality, except for Placerias.

I am wondering if the desirable Placerias can now be promoted from the status of a Chinasaur to Toyway. What do you think?

Nope, it is still a chinasaur, it's just been repackaged by them (seeing as they don't manufacture it themselves).

But for people who really like AAA dinos, and can't find their Ceratosaurus or Edmontonia: http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Dinosaurs-Set-of-11/dp/B0007Y7TRQ/ref=pd_sim_sbs_t_7

stemturtle

Quote from: SBell on April 14, 2012, 11:53:05 PM

Nope, it is still a chinasaur, it's just been repackaged by them (seeing as they don't manufacture it themselves).

Thanks for your reply, SBell.  Since the rest of the set are obvious Chinasaurs, your opinion favors consistency. That Placerias by any other maker would be just as sweet.

Ankylosaurus, Camptosaurus, Corythosaurus

Iguanodon, Placerias, Postosuchus

Megalosaurus

Sorry to bring back this thread, but we don't need another one just for this.

May anyone of you sell me an spare placerias?
You know, if I buy it in package with the other chinasaurs I'll have to pay $20 for the set + 25 for the international shiping + ? of taxes. So I want a spare one, if you have one, contact me, thank you.

;D
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Megalosaurus

Never mind.
Everything Dinosaur has it available. Thanks.

Libraraptor

Reviving this thread made me angry, I always thought that "Postosuchus" was a strange Nodosaur and gave it away. Now that I know it was supposed to be a Postosuchus, it would make a nice contribution to my Rauisuchian collection. Even if nothing with this figure reminds me at a Postosuchus.

SBell

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 24, 2014, 09:03:37 PM
Reviving this thread made me angry, I always thought that "Postosuchus" was a strange Nodosaur and gave it away. Now that I know it was supposed to be a Postosuchus, it would make a nice contribution to my Rauisuchian collection. Even if nothing with this figure reminds me at a Postosuchus.

I wouldn't be too angry. Of all things that looks like I think rauisuchian is furthest from anyone's guesses.

tyrantqueen

I have to admit I think it's cool that the Iguanodon seems to be inspired by Favorite Ltd.'s retro Iguanodon (which I own and love), which in turn was inspired by Neave Parker's illustration.

There's also a Megalosaurus that I suspect is also part of this line, or would at least fit in pretty well with it.

Everything_Dinosaur

We sell these models in the UK, you can buy them individually (cost 69 pence each).  At this price we tend to get orders from all over the world.  When placing an order, simply specify which of the 24 different models you want and one of our team members will sort this out for you, even email you back to confirm that we have the right model.

You can see the models here: Prehistoric Animal Models

Megalosaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 25, 2014, 12:24:30 AM

I have to admit I think it's cool that the Iguanodon seems to be inspired by Favorite Ltd.'s retro Iguanodon (which I own and love), which in turn was inspired by Neave Parker's illustration.

There's also a Megalosaurus that I suspect is also part of this line, or would at least fit in pretty well with it.

COOL... Retro... COOL... Retro

And thanks E.D. I've just bought you 2 placerias and a Camptosaurus.

Crackington

Thanks from me too Mike,

Just put an order on for the Placerias and the Cambrian animals tube, been eyeing that for a while now!

stemturtle

Collectors Quest named the manufacturer of the Placerias as Nayab:
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collectible/127090/nayab-placerias
Confirmation?

Megalosaurus

Quote from: stemturtle on May 02, 2014, 07:28:28 PM
Collectors Quest named the manufacturer of the Placerias as Nayab:
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collectible/127090/nayab-placerias
Confirmation?

I'm sorry but there's no such information in the figure itself nor in the tag.
Its so interesting that this picture shows a diferent color scheme for the same figure. Maybe is a repainted one.

Libraraptor

Looks interesting. I always thought there´d be just one colour scheme.

stemturtle

Confirmation that Placerias is made by Nayab

Placerias (Nayab)

Megalosaurus, you are correct that the Placerias is not marked.

Here is a link to the Nayab Manufacturing website, category Dinosaurs, page 5, item #122, 5" – 6" Dinosaurs, 12 Assorted Styles:
http://www.nayab.com.hk/Products/Animal_Kingdom/Dinosaurs/2013/0624/171.html
Click on the images to improve the distortion. Placerias is near the bottom left of the group of 12.  Not a Chinasaur any longer!  :)

Crackington

Good bit of detective work Stemturtle and they clearly are the manufacturer. Interesting pictures of the factory on their website, looks very modern and neat, hope they treat their work-force well!

Hynerpeton

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on February 25, 2014, 09:54:34 AM
We sell these models in the UK, you can buy them individually (cost 69 pence each).  At this price we tend to get orders from all over the world.  When placing an order, simply specify which of the 24 different models you want and one of our team members will sort this out for you, even email you back to confirm that we have the right model.

I just ordered some. :)
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

SpittersForEver

Quote from: predino on June 06, 2014, 08:22:06 PM
Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on February 25, 2014, 09:54:34 AM

I just ordered some. :)

They are very cheap as well!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: