You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Paleoferroequine's slice 'n dice-Barylambda 18 May '12

Started by paleoferroequine, March 26, 2012, 10:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Oh the Barylambda is gorgeous! That's brilliant to use the black bear as a base and well, this is wonderful. Share the rest of your prehistoric mammals please. ;)

ZoPteryx

alexeratops

Well just so you know,( if anyone's watching this thread :-[ ), wild safari will make a Diobloceratops next year! ;D

like a bantha!

Yutyrannus

Barylambda is very cool! Anything new coming soon?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Paleogene Pals

Paleoferroequine

I should have reviewed your work before doing my own. I could have avoided some inaccuracies  :'(

paleoferroequine

Ooh, old thread. ;D
   Well, I'm starting work on a few new things after a hiatus. A simple conversion of the Mojo Megacerops to a Megacerops kuwagatarhinus. Also a Gobiatherium, a revised Ampelomeryx, a Rhinotitan, Ningxiatherium euryrhinus, Andrewsarchus mongoliensis, Holmesina, Titanotylopus nebraskensis. Also various extinct deer. I just finished up a pair of Proboscidipparion sinense and have partially painted them. Oh, and a Dieselpunk anti-grav tramp steamer.

Paleogene Pals, I just looked at your thread on the Barylambda. I suppose that the proportions might be off. However you do complete sculpts I only do conversions. I noticed all the other mammals, did you do them all?

Here's one of the pics I used for mine.

Paleogene Pals

Hi Paleoferroequine! I just noticed your post. The other mammals in my pictures are from Sean Cooper (Paleocraft) and Lu Feng Shan (brontothere.)  I am only working on the Barylambda for now. However, I completely redid it to make it more accurate.  I plan to post pics as soon as I get to a point where I feel it is ready for an initial "re-release".

Megalosaurus

Hi Paleoferroequine.
Excellent conversions.
Would you please show us a comparison shoot of your Diabloceratops vs the ones from Safari & CollecA?
May you share a tip with us? I'm about to repose a Papo Allosaurus, what kind of putty/clay should I use to fill the gaps?
Thank you.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Megalosaurus on April 17, 2014, 12:51:11 AM
Hi Paleoferroequine.
Excellent conversions.
Would you please show us a comparison shoot of your Diabloceratops vs the ones from Safari & CollecA?
May you share a tip with us? I'm about to repose a Papo Allosaurus, what kind of putty/clay should I use to fill the gaps?
Thank you.
Try an epoxy putty. Aves or Magic Sculpt are good ones, or even the humble green stuff (kneadatite).

Paleogene Pals

paleoferroequine

I use Magic Sculpt also, it sets up in a few hours.

I'll try to get pics later today, but I don't have the CollectA one. I don't care for the head, I feel the frill is all messed up but will probably get it later. I feel embarrassed :-[, I haven't even painted these in almost two years!!! Lack of time, motivation, other projects (prehistoric mammal conversions)   -Sigh-

My mood!

Paleogene Pals

Judging by the figure in the picture, I should stay out of your way. BTW, what is it?

paleoferroequine

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on April 18, 2014, 01:34:19 AM
Judging by the figure in the picture, I should stay out of your way. BTW, what is it?

It's a shape-shifting Lepus timidus. :o

stoneage

Quote from: paleoferroequine on April 18, 2014, 03:40:16 AM

It doesn't look very timid or rabbit like.

Paleogene Pals

paleoferroequine

Quote from: stoneage on April 18, 2014, 02:18:33 PM
Quote from: paleoferroequine on April 18, 2014, 03:40:16 AM

It doesn't look very timid or rabbit like.

Oh, well, uh, it does have  "nasty, big, pointy teeth!  He'll do you up a treat, mate."

Here's the Safari and my Diabloceratops. The frills on mine are a bit longer than Safari. Don't know which is correct since there are only two described specimens and variations are probably there.

Paleogene Pals

So, I should be getting out my 'Holy Hand Grenade Antioch' then.  ;)

Megalosaurus

Thank you for the tip.

Quote from: paleoferroequine on April 18, 2014, 05:27:01 PM

I love the rearing one, I think yours is better than Safari's and CollectA's. I hope Papo makes its own devil ceratopsian soon.

Quote from: paleoferroequine on April 17, 2014, 06:29:11 PM

Lepus timidus? Really, What is it? A fantasy figure or a prehistoric mammal?

paleoferroequine

Quote from: Megalosaurus on April 21, 2014, 05:58:43 PM
Thank you for the tip.

Lepus timidus? Really, What is it? A fantasy figure or a prehistoric mammal?

It's leftover bits and pieces from the boneyard of other projects
Much like this one:

Megalosaurus

Quote from: paleoferroequine on April 21, 2014, 07:50:17 PM
It's leftover bits and pieces from the boneyard of other projects
Ohhh. So fun.
You should someday post pictures of your other "freaky" creatures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: