News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo- new for 2014

Started by Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus, November 08, 2013, 04:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amanda on December 22, 2013, 05:35:20 PM
Looking at it that way then, they have not gone back and "fixed" any of their sculpts. As for a marine reptile, how about an ichtyosaur? Harder to get the body of that to be too retro...

Seems that way to me.
Well...maybe not too hard. lol

alexeratops

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 22, 2013, 04:23:41 PM
Quote from: amanda on December 22, 2013, 12:53:45 PM
Well that was part of what I was asking. Archy's jaws look movable. In fact they look a lot like the raptor's jaws. But the Dilopho's don't. It's the dewlap under the chin. If the jaws move, how does that work?

The only "resculpt" they have done is the running Tyrannosaur. I highly doubt they would remake the Tylosaurus. The marine reptiles are an odd choice for them anyway. They'd look essentially smooth and Papo specializes in fine detail/scale stuff. I would like to see them make some more pterosaurs though.

It probably has a larger area to accommodate it. 

I have to agree the running Rex isn't a resculpt..just another tyrannosaur piece.

Think of the Papo spino. it has a sort of dewlap, and they made it move.
like a bantha!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: alexeratops on December 22, 2013, 09:52:18 PM
Well that was part of what I was asking. Archy's jaws look movable. In fact they look a lot like the raptor's jaws. But the Dilopho's don't. It's the dewlap under the chin. If the jaws move, how does that work?

The only "resculpt" they have done is the running Tyrannosaur. I highly doubt they would remake the Tylosaurus. The marine reptiles are an odd choice for them anyway. They'd look essentially smooth and Papo specializes in fine detail/scale stuff. I would like to see them make some more pterosaurs though.

I have to agree the running Rex isn't a resculpt..just another tyrannosaur piece.

Exactly.

Bokisaurus

When it comes to articulation, Papo is the master  ;D All of their figures with movable jaw are just simple amazingly done, a level  that no other toy company have yet achieved.

I like these new Paposaurs, glad they are not JP inspired  ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 23, 2013, 01:22:08 AM

When it comes to articulation, Papo is the master  ;D All of their figures with movable jaw are just simple amazingly done, a level  that no other toy company have yet achieved.

I like these new Paposaurs, glad they are not JP inspired  ;)

You mean aside from the little trike  eh ? lol

amanda

I do not actually own the Papo Spinosaurus, nor have I seen it in person so I cannot really judge it. I do not like it's JP inspired look though. I like the look of carnegie's and have held it but the price puts me off. I don't own any Spinosaurus. I would like the Papo running Tyrannosaurus, since I never bought the original one. I hope the Dilophosaurus does have a movable jaw. I much prefer the looks of theropods with closed mouths. :)  I think that is why I'd like a Ceratosaurus by them. Done correctly, with it's mouth closed those big teeth would be way cool.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amanda on December 23, 2013, 05:20:24 AM
I do not actually own the Papo Spinosaurus, nor have I seen it in person so I cannot really judge it. I do not like it's JP inspired look though. I like the look of carnegie's and have held it but the price puts me off. I don't own any Spinosaurus. I would like the Papo running Tyrannosaurus, since I never bought the original one. I hope the Dilophosaurus does have a movable jaw. I much prefer the looks of theropods with closed mouths. :)  I think that is why I'd like a Ceratosaurus by them. Done correctly, with it's mouth closed those big teeth would be way cool.

You know..Malcolm's Fauna Casts Ceratosaurus is a closed mouth one. :)

Neven Florian

For people that collect also the animal figures, someone made a video of the new catalog (2014) on STS FORUM in "PAPO 2014".
There are a new fabulous snow leopard with ara, female hippopotamus, new lion and some other news. :)

joossa

The Dimetrodon has a significant dewlap as well and it's lower jaw is articulated.

Photo credit to postsaurischian:
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Another good point. I'd say the Dilo's jaw is almost certainly articulated.

ChrisLikesDinos

Quote from: joossa on December 23, 2013, 08:24:31 AM
The Dimetrodon has a significant dewlap as well and it's lower jaw is articulated.

That looks fantastic, I need the Dimetrodon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ChrisLikesDinos on December 23, 2013, 07:25:05 PM

What !? You don't have it yet ?

lol joking.  It is a really nice figure.   ^-^

Concavenator

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 23, 2013, 07:29:20 PM

I don't have it either--but I NEED it!  >:D
I might pick it up along with the 2014 releases,if not earlier.

amanda

It is on my list. I see how it works now. Yea that works nice. Good.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amanda on December 23, 2013, 08:59:27 PM
It is on my list. I see how it works now. Yea that works nice. Good.

lol sorry to beat you over the head with info there. I'm sure you'll love it !

KeU

Great looking photo by the way. Seems like the sail is translucent.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: KeU on December 24, 2013, 01:26:58 AM
Great looking photo by the way. Seems like the sail is translucent.

It is a bit if you have a bright enough light source. ;)

Mauro "Raptor86"

Yes it is.  I made a photo of it that you can find in the blog in my signature.

The PAPO Dimetrodon is one of their best....just a pity that one toe is missing!

alexeratops

Quote from: Concavenator on December 23, 2013, 07:43:11 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 23, 2013, 07:29:20 PM

I don't have it either--but I NEED it!  >:D
I might pick it up along with the 2014 releases,if not earlier.

Same here.
like a bantha!

KeU

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on December 24, 2013, 02:36:33 PM
Yes it is.  I made a photo of it that you can find in the blog in my signature.

The PAPO Dimetrodon is one of their best....just a pity that one toe is missing!

Really cool photos of the Dimetrodon you have there. PAPO's attention to detail knows no bounds.
Nice that they made the sail slightly translucent. The colors and markings come together really well.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: