News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic Park Dinosaurs

Started by Carnosaur, November 09, 2013, 05:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnosaur

I was looking around and didnt see any reviews on the blog or mention here of the recently released JP dinosaurs Allosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Simon

Dang that's good photography!  If the dinos were more realistic it would be a contest winner!  (For the next photo you ought to rip out those plants on the right because they destroy the scale a little bit.)

Gwangi

That is a great picture, I can just imagine it with the more realistic Papo Allosaurus. As for those new JP dinos we did talk about them a bit, I believe in the 2013 release thread. I don't think any have been reviewed though.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice pic ! One of my favorite JP pieces..sitting right here by my comp even.. lol

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

DC

I wonder is the JP pachyrhinosaurus based off the rare Tyco dino rider figure?  There is not any JP basis for the choice. 
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DC on November 10, 2013, 05:06:09 AM
I wonder is the JP pachyrhinosaurus based off the rare Tyco dino rider figure?  There is not any JP basis for the choice.

Not that I've read. there are quite  a few JP toys that weren't in the books or films.

Carnosaur

Quote from: Gwangi on November 10, 2013, 03:14:34 AM
That is a great picture, I can just imagine it with the more realistic Papo Allosaurus. As for those new JP dinos we did talk about them a bit, I believe in the 2013 release thread. I don't think any have been reviewed though.

Ive done some shots with the Papo allosaur too.
These JP Allosaurs have a crappy paint job, but i love everything else about them.

DC

The trees scale very realistically with the picture.  Good work.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Carnosaur

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

EmperorDinobot

For those who are interested, I sell a large amount of second  hand JP toys. Contact me for more info or see my thread in the classifieds thread or see my collection thread under um...collections.

My collection's almost complete, just in need of a few thingamabobs.

INVISIGOTH

Quote from: Carnosaur on November 09, 2013, 05:20:44 PM
I was looking around and didnt see any reviews on the blog or mention here of the recently released JP dinosaurs Allosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus.

you might not need this since it's been a year since your post, but here is a video review of the Jurassic Park Pachyrhinosaurus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw_F7gVombg

triceratops83

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on April 14, 2014, 03:15:28 PM

Are you saving up for the release of Jurassic World?
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 26, 2014, 03:01:49 PM

I hope there is a LOT worth buying myself. We have an inkling already of a few things.

Dinomike

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 26, 2014, 04:48:57 PM
Quote from: triceratops83 on December 26, 2014, 03:01:49 PM

I hope there is a LOT worth buying myself. We have an inkling already of a few things.

It's going to be awesome!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Dinomike

Oh! Abd great photos! That JP Allosaueus actually looks pretty good!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

triceratops83

I'm interested in those Raptor hands. I just hope we don't get a lot of JP3 repaints, we need to go back to the greatness of Kenner.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 27, 2014, 05:26:05 AM

I'm interested in those Raptor hands. I just hope we don't get a lot of JP3 repaints, we need to go back to the greatness of Kenner.

I'm sure we'll get a few repaints..it's Hasbro's bread and butter. But there are several new pieces it looks like :

QuoteJurassic World Bad Boy Rex will be roughly 56cm/22inches as well as feature lights and sounds. It is expected to retail at 41.99euros, so arguable $40-50 US dollars.

The Basher and Biter assortment will be about 7-8inches, and retail between $10/15.

The Growler assortment features 7-8inch dinos, and likely will retail between $15/20.

There's a T-rex roughly 18inches long that will retail between $30/40. Not sure on features.

There is also an assortment called 'Titan Raptor', about 12inches and roughly $20. To be honest, I think the assortment will be all 4 of Owens Raptors, slightly bigger than the basic Dinosaur.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: