News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Prehistoric Elephants

Started by Bokisaurus, January 04, 2014, 05:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

Great display for a nice slection of figures... love the individual bases :)

Shonisaurus

M @Melekh Prehistoric elephants with custom bases are beautifully put together. I congratulate you.

Andanna

Great thread. Extremely informative. What a collection and what a presentation.

ceratopsian

M @Melekh - these are beautifully displayed.

Bokisaurus

Those are some beautiful models and great way to display them. I love the bases, did you make them all?

Melekh

Thank you all.
Yes, I made the displays by myself.

Melekh

A newcomer (Phiomia) and the rearranged group.

I know the steppe mammoth is 1/40, but only for the biggest ever ound example, a huge animal with 4.6 m shoulder height.
For an average example with 4m, it's fine for 1/35.

From top left to bottom right:
- Palaeoloxodon antiquus (Straight-tusked elephant / European forest elephant)
- Elephas maximus (Asian elephant)
- Mammuthus primigenius (Wooly mammoth)
- Loxodont africana (African bush elephant)
- Amebelodon
- Stegodon zdanski
- Deinotherium bozasi
- Phiomia serridens
- Mammuthus trogontherii (Steppe mammoth)

EarthboundEiniosaurus

M @Melekh , what company produces (or produced) the woolly mammoth in your collection?
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Andanna

This is fantastic, collection and display.

Melekh

Quote from: EarthboundEiniosaurus on August 25, 2019, 10:24:28 PM
M @Melekh , what company produces (or produced) the woolly mammoth in your collection?
It's from Shapeways and available in many different scales

Loon

Who makes the best Woolly Mammoth? I'm not sure how accurate each are, and would love to add a figure of one of my favorite prehistoric mammals to me collection. Or, should I just wait for the inevitable Eofauna version?

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Loon on December 08, 2019, 01:33:51 AM
Who makes the best Woolly Mammoth? I'm not sure how accurate each are, and would love to add a figure of one of my favorite prehistoric mammals to me collection. Or, should I just wait for the inevitable Eofauna version?

My favorite is easily the Carnegie mammoth. Although it lacks the classic brown coloration, it succeeds where others fail. It's both accurate and a solid sculpt. The WS woolly mammoth and the Invicta mammoth are both good as well , though I prefer Carnegie.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Loon

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on December 08, 2019, 02:53:51 AM
My favorite is easily the Carnegie mammoth. Although it lacks the classic brown coloration, it succeeds where others fail. It's both accurate and a solid sculpt. The WS woolly mammoth and the Invicta mammoth are both good as well , though I prefer Carnegie.

Yeah, I really love the Carnegie, but it's a bit expensive these days. But it might be worth it, it really reminds me of the iconic model at the Royal BC Museum.

Duna

Quote from: Loon on December 08, 2019, 01:33:51 AM
I AM waiting for the Eofauna version :D. As I have very little room for displaying, I don't get mammals normally, without the exception of Deinotherium (my favourite prehistoric mammal), paraceratherium (my second favourite) and woolly mammoth - all collections must have a woolly mammoth. So I'll will wait for them both from Eofauna.

suspsy

The Safari woolly mammoth strikes me as the best overall, except it's pretty small.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

bmathison1972

Quote from: Loon on December 08, 2019, 03:00:33 AM
Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on December 08, 2019, 02:53:51 AM

Yeah, I really love the Carnegie, but it's a bit expensive these days. But it might be worth it, it really reminds me of the iconic model at the Royal BC Museum.

I agree. When I was purchasing elephants for my Synoptic Collection, I went with CollectA, as it was the best at the size I wanted. The Carnegie figure was on eBay here in the US at about $80, which I wasn't about to pay just to have a representative species. I like their Wild Safari figure, but as suspsy noted, it's a bit small. I felt CollectA was the best overall compromise for size, quality, and cost.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Wow, I just checked eBay and had no idea they go for so much now. I bought all but one of mine at retail, and the fourth came from a thrift store.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Halichoeres

I recently learned that Trendmasters made a mastodon for a line of bendable Gumby figures.

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ostafrikasaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 27, 2020, 02:08:47 PM
I recently learned that Trendmasters made a mastodon for a line of bendable Gumby figures.

Oh my gosh, I have those three figures! I picked it up at a KB Toys when I was a kid. As a matter of fact, I bought it specifically for the mammoth/mastodon figure, but I enjoyed playing with Lowbelly (the weiner dog) and the chicken as well. Ahh Trendmasters, good times.
"Live fast, eat grass, die in a blast." - Late Cretaceous herbivore

bmathison1972

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 27, 2020, 02:08:47 PM

What an unusual grouping LOL

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: