News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Spinosaurus- The Aquatic Reptile

Started by alexeratops, January 04, 2014, 09:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexeratops

Erm... speculative?
Worthy of All Yesterdays. :)
like a bantha!

alexeratops

C'mon guys I really want you to see this!!! :))
like a bantha!

Concavenator

Yeah,I saw it!
Spinosaurus ate too much lol  ;D

alexeratops

This just strikes me so odd, I mean like what if that was ACTUALLY  old Spino, the movie star, the biggest theropod, Mr. Crooked mouth? ???

(Spinosaurus aegiptus would take this insulting  ::))
like a bantha!

Blade-of-the-Moon

If it was it mean all the other spinosaurs were probably similar creatures..but we know that's not true. ;)

Splonkadumpocus

Yes, considering Baryonyx and Suchomimus looked nothing like that, it would be a real stretch to think Spinosaurus was so different from them.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: alexeratops on January 05, 2014, 03:15:12 PM
This just strikes me so odd, I mean like what if that was ACTUALLY  old Spino, the movie star, the biggest theropod, Mr. Crooked mouth? ???

(Spinosaurus aegiptus would take this insulting  ::))
Ahem. Yes.
I am not a fan of this picture, to say the least.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

CityRaptor

That clearly does not work for Spinosaurus itself, due to reasons already stated. It might work for a descendant of Spinosaurus, but I think it is a bit too close to an elephant seal.
Might be because I have seen "Urmel aus dem Eis" as a child, but I totally imagine this guy singing some sad songs on his rock. ;D
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's an amusing and interesting idea though..no matter how incorrect. lol

tyrantqueen

This reminds me of an alternative hypothesis proposed a while back. It suggested that Baryonyx and its kin were actually not fish eaters, but their long snouts had evolved so they could stick them far into the cavities of rotting carrion. I remember reading it in "Dinosaurs of the Isle of Wight" (great book btw).

Not sure what to think about it though :-[

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 06, 2014, 05:45:08 PM
This reminds me of an alternative hypothesis proposed a while back. It suggested that Baryonyx and its kin were actually not fish eaters, but their long snouts had evolved so they could stick them far into the cavities of rotting carrion. I remember reading it in "Dinosaurs of the Isle of Wight" (great book btw).

Certainly not unreasonable and not as far fetched as the above image for sure! There is a good amount of evidence for fish eating in spinosaurs though.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gwangi on January 06, 2014, 07:04:19 PM

Certainly not unreasonable and not as far fetched as the above image for sure! There is a good amount of evidence for fish eating in spinosaurs though.
I know, just thought I would share :)

Balaur

I do!'t like this picture, but it is intresting, but then again, I wouldn't say that it's worthy of All Yesterdays. Well, maybe? I do remember in the All Your Yesterdays book that they have a picture of a cyclops, a man with elephant tusks! And feathered humanoid dinosaurs! What are they doing in that book?

tyrantqueen

I bet Jack Horner would hate All Yesterdays if he were to read it.

Balaur

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 07, 2014, 01:12:38 AM
Why?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Balaur on January 07, 2014, 01:13:54 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 07, 2014, 01:12:38 AM
Why?
If you've read any of his books, he often makes comments about how he dislikes it when other researchers and paleontologists make broad statements without any fact to back them up. At its very core, All Yesterdays is supposed to be about wild speculation. He doesn't seem to be the kind of guy who likes to make statements without hard evidence behind it.

Yutyrannus

Hmm...that's an interesting idea. I just might use it in my series (I have fish-eating spinosaurs too of course).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

HD-man

I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

tyrantqueen

Quote from: HD-man on January 08, 2014, 06:15:06 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 07, 2014, 01:19:56 AMAt its very core, All Yesterdays is supposed to be about wild speculation.

I wouldn't say that (See "What we're not saying": http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/tetrapod-zoology/2012/12/11/all-yesterdays-book-and-launch-event/ ).
I appreciate that, but there is definitely some speculation involved.

HD-man

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 08, 2014, 07:14:24 AMI appreciate that, but there is definitely some speculation involved.

I'm not saying that there isn't "some speculation involved", just that AY isn't "supposed to be about wild speculation".
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: