News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My Repainted Dinos

Started by Mighty King, January 06, 2014, 11:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Have you considered making a tutorial or giving some tips? You're quite talented and it would help inspire others. If you're willing to share your secrets, of course :))

Mighty King

by the moment i have no figures to repaint. I have already painted all that I had. I was going to share my last photos. I should buy new figures to make a tutorial.
Thank you for your buena onda!!

Mighty King

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Mighty King

thank you for your buena onda Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus!!   :D

Libraraptor

Your paintjobs make these models more premium than they originally were.
And don´t laugh at me:
I had a crush on that "Terror sauro/bird  ...?" Do you know how and where I can get one?!

Mighty King

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 08, 2014, 08:59:25 PM
And don´t laugh at me:
I had a crush on that "Terror sauro/bird  ...?" Do you know how and where I can get one?!

Thank you Libraraptor!
I have no idea how or wherecan you get that model.. I have found it in a gift shop in Argentina... and that was the only time that I saw it..

Libraraptor

Quote from: Mighty King on February 09, 2014, 10:29:01 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on February 08, 2014, 08:59:25 PM
And don´t laugh at me:

Thank you Libraraptor!
I have no idea how or wherecan you get that model.. I have found it in a gift shop in Argentina... and that was the only time that I saw it..

Thank you anyway, Mighty King! Maybe someday I´ll be lucky and find it myself. It´s so bizarre :D

Mighty King

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Nicely done! The previous color was hideous.  :))
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

DC

nice, are you using a brush or spray?  Which primer and paints do you use?
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Mighty King

Quote from: DC on February 11, 2014, 09:05:07 PM
nice, are you using a brush or spray?  Which primer and paints do you use?

Thank You DC!
I'm using brush, and acrylic paint

DC

Great brush technique I wondered if it was air brushed.  Any issue with the acrylics binding to the vinyl?  I have been trying to use a final clear primer to keep things from peeling.  sometime it works but not always.  Seems to depend on the medium the figure is made of.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: DC on February 12, 2014, 04:55:58 PM
Great brush technique I wondered if it was air brushed.  Any issue with the acrylics binding to the vinyl?  I have been trying to use a final clear primer to keep things from peeling.  sometime it works but not always.  Seems to depend on the medium the figure is made of.
Just use a primer before painting and you won't have that problem. Hence the term "primer".

sauroid

very interesting repaints. i cant wait to see more of your creations.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Mighty King

Quote from: DC on February 12, 2014, 04:55:58 PM

Thanks DC . Acrylics are not the best option but it is easy to work with. acrylics have bad adherence on vinyl , plastic or rubber objects. but I paint my figures to put them in the shelf, not for playing in the garden. so I have no problem with acrylics. I didn't use any final primer yet.  ^-^

Quote from: sauroid on February 12, 2014, 06:18:29 PM
very interesting repaints. i cant wait to see more of your creations.

Thank you Sauroid!!  more, soon..

Bokisaurus

Nice work, you got the dry-brushing part down, Looking forward for more. :)

Mighty King

Quote from: Bokisaurus on February 13, 2014, 02:47:36 AM
Nice work, you got the dry-brushing part down, Looking forward for more. :)

Thank you Bokisaurus!!

Mighty King

DC

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 12, 2014, 05:34:34 PM
Just use a primer before painting and you won't have that problem. Hence the term "primer".

Actually even with a primer I have had some vinyl, particularly the rubbery type peel after wards.  I have tried using Krylon and acrylic floor wax with some success. 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: