News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My Repainted Dinos

Started by Mighty King, January 06, 2014, 11:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mighty King

Quote from: DC on February 22, 2014, 02:16:38 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 12, 2014, 05:34:34 PM
Just use a primer before painting and you won't have that problem. Hence the term "primer".

Actually even with a primer I have had some vinyl, particularly the rubbery type peel after wards.  I have tried using Krylon and acrylic floor wax with some success. 

interesting DC, I will consider

Mighty King

(unknown) Triceratops Action figure

Takama

You really changed that figure from a crazy Saturday mourning cartoon to Gritty live action movie

Mighty King

Mighty King

Mighty King

Megalosaurus

Me agrada como tu trabajo le hace justicia al escultor de esos juguetes. Como decimos en México,, algo tan "chafa" se convierte en algo "chido". Por ejemplo ese triceratops se ve genial.
Pero te recomiendo que seas más atrevido y pruebes esquemas de colores más llamativos.
---
Good job revelating the sculpt details. You convert ugly toys to cool ones. That trike looks so good.
You should try to paint in mre colorful schemes.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Mighty King

Quote from: Megalosaurus on May 03, 2014, 06:55:52 PM
Me agrada como tu trabajo le hace justicia al escultor de esos juguetes. Como decimos en México,, algo tan "chafa" se convierte en algo "chido". Por ejemplo ese triceratops se ve genial.
Pero te recomiendo que seas más atrevido y pruebes esquemas de colores más llamativos.
---
Good job revelating the sculpt details. You convert ugly toys to cool ones. That trike looks so good.
You should try to paint in mre colorful schemes.

Gracias Megalo! realmente me cuesta hacerlas mas coloridas a las figuras en especial a los ceratopsians . yo los pinto con los colores que considero pudieron haber tenido. me cuesta creer que pudieron ser mas coloridos, basandome en los colores que existen hoy en dia en los animales . excepto los emplumados

Thanks Megalo! really hard for me to make them more colorful figures especially the ceratopsians. I paint them with colors that I think may have had. I can not believe they could be more colorful, basing on the colors that exist today in animals. except feathered.

Megalosaurus

Ciertamente hoy hay reptiles muy coloridos como: / Today we have colorful reptiles like this:

Pero también hay otros que son mas discretos pero tienen un toque de color o un bonito diseño como estos: /We also have some not so colorful but with a pattern or a touch of color like these:

Solo es una sugerencia. / Just a suggestion.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Mighty King

Quote from: Megalosaurus on May 03, 2014, 08:11:40 PM
Ciertamente hoy hay reptiles muy coloridos como: / Today we have colorful reptiles like this:

Pero también hay otros que son mas discretos pero tienen un toque de color o un bonito diseño como estos: /We also have some not so colorful but with a pattern or a touch of color like these:

Solo es una sugerencia. / Just a suggestion.

acepto la sugerencia. lo intentare la proxima vez  ;)

accept the suggestion. I'll try next time

tyrantqueen

I don't think there is anything wrong with painting them in dull colours. It's really a personal preference thing, some prefer brightly coloured dinos, others don't ;)

In any case, if the dinosaurs you're painting are retro styled, I would keep them drab. In most of the old pre-renaissance artwork, the dinos were dull coloured, and with very simple or minimal patterns. Just look at Burian, Knight, etc. Bright colours and patterns don't suit the old tail draggers, imo >:D

Mighty King

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 03, 2014, 11:36:05 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with painting them in dull colours. It's really a personal preference thing, some prefer brightly coloured dinos, others don't ;)

In any case, if the dinosaurs you're painting are retro styled, I would keep them drab. In most of the old pre-renaissance artwork, the dinos were dull coloured, and with very simple or minimal patterns. Just look at Burian, Knight, etc. Bright colours and patterns don't suit the old tail draggers, imo >:D

I agree with you, Tyrantqueen.

I believe that dinosaurs were generally dull such as rhinos, hippos and crocodiles. maybe they had some striking details so I will try more colorful schemes for upcoming figures

Mighty King

Mighty King

Mighty King

Tyto_Theropod

Wow! You've got some serious talent there Mightyking! I like how you make some of the more inaccurate sculpts look like retro illustrations! And the Euoplocephalus looks like one of those little African wooden statues you see of elephants, lions etc. Beautiful!

May I also suggest that you start posting in the 'Customised Figures' category? Some of these are seriously beautiful and I'd have missed them if I hadn't just randomly decided to look in here. Maybe other obsessive follower of the Custom threads might like these too?
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Mighty King

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on June 12, 2014, 01:06:02 PM
Wow! You've got some serious talent there Mightyking! I like how you make some of the more inaccurate sculpts look like retro illustrations! And the Euoplocephalus looks like one of those little African wooden statues you see of elephants, lions etc. Beautiful!

May I also suggest that you start posting in the 'Customised Figures' category? Some of these are seriously beautiful and I'd have missed them if I hadn't just randomly decided to look in here. Maybe other obsessive follower of the Custom threads might like these too?

Thank you Tyto_Theropod!!
I think you are right, but I don't know how to change the category.  someday maybe I start a new thread. :)

docronnie

Excellent repaints!   :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Mighty King

Mighty King

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: