News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

camouflage on small Theropods

Started by Takama, January 18, 2014, 08:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

I am trying to write a Collection of Stories concerning dinosaurs, and I have a scene were a Guanlong is chased by a Monolophosaurus in a Forest, but the Mono trips and loses its balance. so the Guanlong takes this opportunity to stay put and let his Feathers camouflage him in the forest.

Now would that be possible for a Guanlong, and others like it to have camouflage?

I also included a scene were the Guanlong uses his camouflage to hunt its prey, like some big cats.

Gwangi

Sure, plenty of modern animals use camouflage including modern birds. 

Yutyrannus

I think this is very likely. Also I'm glad to see you are finally starting these stories :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Takama

Quote from: Yutyrannus on January 18, 2014, 09:26:50 PM
I think this is very likely. Also I'm glad to see you are finally starting these stories :).

I started one.  And kept on making it, but in light of new discoveries,  it needs a serious revision

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,644.0.html

That will be on the back burner for now.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Takama on January 18, 2014, 09:31:29 PM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on January 18, 2014, 09:26:50 PM

I started one.  And kept on making it, but in light of new discoveries,  it needs a serious revision

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,644.0.html

That will be on the back burner for now.
I did not see that before. Thanks for the link, I'll try to read it soon.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.