News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Fact sheets

Started by Takama, March 31, 2012, 03:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

As some of you may know. I am a huge CollectA collector, so i decided to try something diffrent to them by trying to make a library of fact sheets about the species
based on the figures.

my first attempt is the CollectA Irritator

Feel free to correct me on any scientific Errors. this is only a rough draft

(last line says:On a diet of Prehistoric fish sorry about not catching it in the photo)

DeadToothCrackKnuckle

You forgot to duoble-spce between "name means" and "found in." Also, you said "related too" when it should be "related to." Sorry, I'm a grammar freak. ;D

©Julius T. Csotonyi

SBell

Quote from: DeadToothCrackKnuckle on March 31, 2012, 04:28:31 AM
You forgot to duoble-spce between "name means" and "found in." Also, you said "related too" when it should be "related to." Sorry, I'm a grammar freak. ;D

By most rules of formatting and punctuation, the double space after a colon (or period) is now considered optional (by some grammar-rule-makers, at least). In fact, in many places the use of a double space is outright frowned upon for thesis and manuscript submission (got to keep those characters in check...okay, I really don't know the reasoning).

DinoToyForum

Cool, but why restrict this project to hard copy? You could launch a little blog or website and reproduce your sheets there too  :)
Just a thought  8)

ZoPteryx

Cool project!  Perhaps you could include a list of what companies make figures of the given species.

Darko2300

These are great! (I prefer just one space following colons - I feel it looks more uniform.)  The idea is a good one, and it's a fun way to keep track of your collection as well.  (And for some, it'd be a great teaching tool too.  I mean you'd have the actual models on hand, so the kids would have something tactile to associate with the information.) Are you pulling your info from wikipedia?

Horridus

"Name means: Irritator" made me chuckle. Although only because it's accurate.

Since we're all being pedants, it's 'piscivore'.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

SBell

Quote from: Darko2300 on April 03, 2012, 02:41:05 AM
These are great! (I prefer just one space following colons - I feel it looks more uniform.) 

I did forget that bit--no matter what, the character and spacing use should be consistent throughout.

Takama

Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 31, 2012, 11:05:47 AM
Cool, but why restrict this project to hard copy? You could launch a little blog or website and reproduce your sheets there too  :)
Just a thought  8)

I will look into that,and see if i could start such a online place

Quote from: Darko2300 on April 03, 2012, 02:41:05 AM
These are great! (I prefer just one space following colons - I feel it looks more uniform.)  The idea is a good one, and it's a fun way to keep track of your collection as well.  (And for some, it'd be a great teaching tool too.  I mean you'd have the actual models on hand, so the kids would have something tactile to associate with the information.) Are you pulling your info from wikipedia?

To be honest, yes, Thats were i got the size image.

I also used some of my books, and the Dino toy Blog review as well

ITewan

Very, very nice! :) Great Idea!
im a lil tired and a lil hungry

0onarcissisto0

Quote from: SBell on March 31, 2012, 05:55:25 AM
Quote from: DeadToothCrackKnuckle on March 31, 2012, 04:28:31 AM

By most rules of formatting and punctuation, the double space after a colon (or period) is now considered optional (by some grammar-rule-makers, at least). In fact, in many places the use of a double space is outright frowned upon for thesis and manuscript submission (got to keep those characters in check...okay, I really don't know the reasoning).

I don't think Deadtooth was referring to the spacing after the colon. I think what he meant was that it should be:

Name means: Irritator

Found in: South America

instead of

Name means: Irritator
Found in: South America

Since this is the format between all the other subheadings.
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Takama

I tried to fix that this mourning.

for some reason, the Program is not Cooperating to the fix

Tyrannosaurid lover

WELL DONE!!!
I do the same when I was like 7-8 years old, but no put wikipedia images or protected paper
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.