You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions - Other Toys and Figures

Started by sauroid, February 11, 2014, 07:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

cool haul TQ. cant wait to see them all. btw, just got some more Bandai, etc. kaiju stuff and will post soon.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Ridureyu

I got Papo's lion and tiger mutants.  Now, I'm just missing four of the pirates for the whole set.  The Alligator is really my favorite of the group, and I think it needs a bear.  You know, for the pun.

The Tiger seems to be the worst-painted of the whole group, though I can't quite put a finger on it.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Ridureyu on February 27, 2014, 11:55:32 PM

I have Papo mutants in my whishlist.

Can you please take a picture of lion alongside with a wargaming miniature? For instance a heroscape figure.

I was thinking to use these mutants as titans/Heros on my Heroscape board.
I believe it will be cool to the Papo Mutant Gorilla to lead the Gorillanators:
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Ridureyu

Sure thing.  Gere are tiger and gorilla with some D&D and Pathfinder minis, and the Papo Pachycephalosaurus for comparison:

Ridureyu

I just got Trespasser from Pacific Rim - you know, the first Kaiju to show up. The one with the axe head.  NECA has really improved this line, as Trespasser is appropriately HUGE, and fully-articulated (as opposed to the Knifehead figure, which was tiny).

Anyway, it got me thinking about the movie a bit.  This was the one that the army had to take down, right?  When we had no clue what was going on, just that this indescribable 300-foot tall monster came out of the ocean and DESTROYED San Francisco (and Oakland, San Mateo, Hayward, San Jose).  No giant robots, no idea how to fight it, and the whole military fruitlessly pouring everything it had at this beast until we finally took it down with three nukes.  So, I thought to myself, "Can I possibly take a photo that expresses how overwhelming something like that would be?"

sauroid

very cool.
(i heard a rumor that there's gonna be pacific rim kaijus and godzilla, etc. crossovers in the future. fingers crossed)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Ridureyu on March 01, 2014, 03:46:51 AM
Sure thing.  Gere are tiger and gorilla with some D&D and Pathfinder minis, and the Papo Pachycephalosaurus for comparison:

Thank you very much. They really are "giants" or "titans" in comparison.

And very cool kaiju by the way.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Ridureyu

I did something I rarely do - cropped the photo and edited it.  I resized it a little larger and took care to keep the aspect ratio, but I managed to get rid of those bases on the soldiers.

CityRaptor

Well, well, looks like Trespasse cancelled the Monsterpocalypse.
Since my only Monsterpocalypse figure is still my Shadow Pteradactix, just how big is Trespasser?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Ridureyu

I'l have to take out something to measure him, but he's like 8-ish inches tall.  A Monsterpocalypse monster would make it up to like his knee, maybe.  He towers over the old Knifehead figure, which is why they released a new one, too.

Libraraptor

This is an exciting thread! More He-Man figures, please, if possible! I loved them!! Especially ORKO!

Yutyrannus

Okay, I can't post pics yet of them but I recently received two coin replicas from DOS.

Also, I got this a while ago:

Radagast Staff by Weta Collectibles

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Libraraptor

Sorry, I am not so much into that. But I´d really like to know what exactly this prop is representing?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 02, 2014, 08:11:22 PM
Sorry, I am not so much into that. But I´d really like to know what exactly this prop is representing?
that's okay. It is the staff of Radagast the Brown

Ridureyu

Remember the Hippy Wizard from The Hobbit movie? (and the LOTR books).  It's his staff!!!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Ridureyu on March 02, 2014, 10:20:38 PM
Remember the Hippy Wizard from The Hobbit movie? (and the LOTR books).  It's his staff!!!
Yes, it is :))

Ridureyu

I don't know which wizard is more of a hippy... the one who is one with nature, or the one who's always smoking his "pipe weed!

And now, I have wrapped up Papo's animal mutants/pirates with the last four pirates in a row!

Octopus

Shark

Turtle

Crab

So that is, in total: Crocodile, Rhino, Ram, Lion, Tiger, Gorilla, Dragon, Fish, Walrus, Shark, Octopus, Turtle, and Crab.

And two pieces of terrain, the Roman aqueduct and triumphal archway.  They are a lot smaller than I had expected, so I'm not sure how to use them in a diorama.  They will appear as background fodder, though.

Ridureyu

A few more Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous minis:

Hepzamirah, daughter of Baphomet and one of the main villains.

Alain, a cavalier

A Will-O' Wisp.  Take a look at that skull!

And Irabeth, a half-orc character who helps the heroes a lot, and eventually becomes a governor or something. 

Libraraptor

Quote from: Yutyrannus on March 02, 2014, 10:51:22 PM
Quote from: Ridureyu on March 02, 2014, 10:20:38 PM
Yes, it is :))

Ah, I see  :) Thank you!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: