You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions - Other Toys and Figures

Started by sauroid, February 11, 2014, 07:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridureyu

I had already picked up this guy before, but I've finally done the photography for Friday's review.

The (blue) Xenomorph!

Ridureyu

I just got a few more Japanese Yokai.  Some I had already (Tesso, Bunbuku Chagama, Azuki-Arai), but the others I only had in mono-color (Nuppeppo, Gaki).

Azuki-Arai, the Red Bean Washer

Tesso, the Iron Rat Demon

Bunbuku Chagama, the Tanuki Disguised as a Tea Kettle

Nuppeppo, the Fleshy Blob

Gaki, the Cannibal Ghost

alexeratops

like a bantha!

Takama

Quote from: alexeratops on April 09, 2014, 03:56:54 PM
A few skylanders... ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv-HCEYJOSg&list=UUXtuSYaX_eLWlvZuL4hrlnQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-mcTS4LSSk&list=UUXtuSYaX_eLWlvZuL4hrlnQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0iAlauKIpE&list=UUXtuSYaX_eLWlvZuL4hrlnQ

Fun video game, if any of you play.

I played the first one. I had fun buying all the characters and then trying to power them up to the maximum in the heroic Challenges.

I Had fun, so I asked for the second one for X-Mas and received it.  But when the Game told me I had to Buy "EVERY CHARECTOR THAT I JUST BOGHT FOR THE ORIGINAL GAME ONLY WITH AN ORANGE BASE" I just flipped out and scolded myself for thinking that Activision(The company that makes the series) would let you register the characters from the first game, and make new heroic challenges (My favorite part of the first game) from those characters'. I scolded myself because I should of known this would happen when the gaming community knows that Activision is one of the Greediest of all Game company's.  Its because of that, that I wish I never asked for the second game for X-Mas, and now the Trophies from that game are stuck on my PlayStation account to remind me of what a huge mistake I made.

Sorry about that :-[  I just can never look at Skylanders (or Spyro the Dragon,  which is the main reason I got involved in this craze) the same way again. congrats on your acquisitions Alexceratops, and I hope you enjoy the sequels as much as I enjoyed the original. O:-)

in other news, I went to Michaels today and got a Cyclops

Peering into the light

Ridureyu

Dude, that cyclops is AWESOME!!!!!

ANYWAY...

Some Star Wars minis!

Prince Xizor (remember him?  He was from the '90s!)

Vodo-Siosk Bass, an ancient Jedi who's some kind of lobster octopus.  And also from the '90s.

And Darth Plagueis.  Yes, this is Darth Plagueis.  Palpatine's teacher.

Ridureyu

This D&D miniature, of a Gauth (smaller Beholder), presented me with a nice opportunity.  People tend to ak to see my photo setup and sets, so...

See this cave?  With its depth and everything?  Actually, the whole setup was:

The terrain pieces mostly came from McFarlane Dragons, and actually are unrelated.  I constructed just enough to look like a cave, including a small plug in the back to represent a full wall, or a small mountain range turning into stalactites.  Also note the tiny panel meant to cover up the Gauth's black base.  I lit it with a small handheld light source, and played with the angle and forced perspective to make the set look like a full cave.

EmperorDinobot

I love those base dioramas for that eye creature.

Zhuchengotyrant

I justo got the sort of rare Disney Pixar cars Clutch Aid Racecar!
It's beautiful.
-Zhuchengotyrant

Ridureyu

Cool!  Got any pics?

BTW, my subscription figure of Blade from the He-Man line arrived.  This guy was in the Dolph Lundgren movie.  He was less steroidal in the movie.

Zhuchengotyrant

-Zhuchengotyrant

Ridureyu

Yeah, I was!  You mentioned the car, after all.

Go, Go Godzilla!

EmperorDinobot

I find those new Godzilla toys to be severely lacking.

Even Trendmaster's old Godzilla toys were better. Ohhh how I miss the 90's and good quality toys...

Anywho, my newest acquisitions:

DINOZONE!!!

Ridureyu

Okay, those look really cool!

I got a couple of good items.

Zhu Bajie ("Piggsy") from Journey to the West: (I had the others, now the team is complete!)

Next, one of my favorite pieces has been my blue Ophanim angel from the Demon's Chronicle line - those re the "wheels within wheels" angels from Ezekiel chapter 3.

I finally got the red paint variant!

Also, from He-Man - one of this month's figures was not int he sub, and I had to order it REAL FAST.  The "Travelling convention exclusive for this year (sold on-line for like one hour) is Goat Man, a minor henchman who appeared in a book, got punched, and did nothing.  But come on, LOOK at this guy!

Ridureyu

First up, the new Universe ov Violence II figures from Metalmonkey - http://metalmonkeystudios.storenvy.com/

Satyrant

Venus Maneater

I also got some awesome Star Wars Minis!

First up is San Hill.  Since he's the same species as Darth Plagueis, he is standing in for Plagueis's civilian disguise.

And then there's Naga Sadow, one of the first ancient Sith Lords - he doesn't even use a lightsaber or "Darth!"  His sword is poison, though.

And finally, the generic "Elite Sith Assassin," who just looks cool.

Yutyrannus

I can't post photos of it yet, but I just got Théoden's Sword (Herugrim) from United Cutlery.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Ridureyu

Okay, I got a veritable ton of Japanese Yokai (ghosts/spirits/monsters) figures recently, so I'll post them in more than one entry.  These guys almost all came with their own mini-dioramas, though I have added to them to flesh out the display.  First up:

The Tengu. Generally, without their long-nosed masks, they are birds or dogs.  I love the detail of the mask over his shoulder.

Here's Kappa in all of his intestine-eating glory.

Amakiri, who flies around and cuts fisherman's nets.

Nabebozu, the Pot Head Monk. This does not mean what you think it means.

Dorotabo, the undead spriit of a farmer who worked hard for his land, but whose son wasted it.  He emerges from the mud while screaming, "THIS IS MY LAND!"

Aobozu, theblue monk... who abducts children!

As a special bonus, this is what the "set" for that picture looked like:

Ridureyu

More!

Kamaitachi, the Wind Weasel. They fly in groups of three, and cut you up with their scythe-like arms. They also heal you. For some reason.

Kawauso, the Otter spirit.  They can be friendly, they can be benign, they can be ischievous, or they can be murderous.

Speaking of benign or monstrous, here's the Kitsune.  When they gain their seventh tail, their fur also becomes gold.

Nurarihyon, the Boss Of All Monsters.  And what nefarious deeds does this great ghost get up to?  When you leave yoru house, he sneaks in and eats up all the food.  Truly chilling!

Tsuchigumo, the Dirt SPider.  Some legends state that it grows to be the size of an ox, and even gains the head and horns of such an animal.

Wanyudo, the spirit of a wicked man forced to spend his afterlife as a flaming wheel.

Ridureyu

Ningyo, the Japanese Mermaid.  If you capture one, she will bring misfortune on you.  They can also prophesy.

Kyokotsu, literally "Crazy Bones."  It jumps out from a well and goes BOO!

Nue, a terrifying beast that floats in the clouds and grants nightmares.

Nuppeppo, a benign blob of foul-smelling flesh.

Tesso, the soul of a monk who was cheated, wronged, and murdered by a rival monastery.  He and his army of rats destroyed that monastery.  The figure plugs in on top of the desk, but I've found that it also wors leaning over it, as if in study.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: