You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions - Other Toys and Figures

Started by sauroid, February 11, 2014, 07:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridureyu

Okay, we've seen Trespasser.  So how's the new Knifehead?

THis is almost a screenshot from the movie.

"Sir, we've got a visual.  All spotlights trained on the target."

Ridureyu

About a month before the Pathfinder "Reign of Winter" set lands, they released two Huge-Sized figures for it.  The idea is to release that size category this way, which is less awkward than previous distribution attempts.  So they're like 4"-5" tall.

Svathurim, which is basically a Jotun Frost Giant centaur, if the horse half is Sleipnir. 

A Frost Worm, which is a frost worm!

I really need more snowy terrain.

EmperorDinobot

as many of you already know, I'm a bat nut:

So far my Arkham collection is coming in fine.
I recently acquired these two:

As well as Firefly from Arkham Origins, but I haven't had the time to shoot him yet.

My toy room, batcave, mancave, etc has a slight overpopulation problem.

There are some spaces where I can drill in shelf space, but mom doesn't want any drill holes on the last remaining walls. Any suggestions?

CityRaptor

Get something that does not need holes in the wall to stand? Or think about your priorities in collecting. And ofcourse, you should get rid of Extras.

Quote from: Ridureyu on March 02, 2014, 01:52:07 AM
I'l have to take out something to measure him, but he's like 8-ish inches tall.  A Monsterpocalypse monster would make it up to like his knee, maybe.  He towers over the old Knifehead figure, which is why they released a new one, too.

8 inch? That even towers over the Standard Series of Bandai Japan Kaiju.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Ridureyu

Awesome Hush figure!  The Arkham figures are really pretty impressive.

Ridureyu

Safari's Mountain Dragon, which just goes to show that you can find anything on a wild Safari.

Ridureyu

My Masters of the Universe Classics monthly subscription came in, with two figures!  Hydron... we'll see him when I photograph him.  And The Unnamed One, the evil sorcerer who started all the villainous stuff in the series, and is THE SAME FREAKING TYPE OF CREATURE AS ORKO.

EmperorDinobot

tyrantqueen

Burgess Meredith is still my fave Penguin. Looks like they got the likeness of all the actors down pat.

Ridureyu

And now, I present...

Well, in the same shipment as The Unnamed One, I also got Hydron.  I just hadn't unboxed or photographed him until now.

Hydron is one of the "Galactic Protectors" from the sequel series, The New Adventures of He-Man.  You know, the one that ripped off Star Wars in outer space.  So, he's the commander of a bunch of space marines, and yet he's equipped with scuba gear.  Because of all those oceans out in deep space.

Anyway, HYDRON VERSUS MER-MAN

CityRaptor

Well, Space is an Ocean! But watch out for Space Pirates, Space Whales, and the occasional Space Dinosaur!

Quote from: Ridureyu on March 16, 2014, 05:08:20 AM
And The Unnamed One, the evil sorcerer who started all the villainous stuff in the series, and is THE SAME FREAKING TYPE OF CREATURE AS ORKO.

Waht a twist..or maybe not.

Quote from: Ridureyu on March 11, 2014, 08:03:57 AM
Safari's Mountain Dragon, which just goes to show that you can find anything on a wild Safari.

Oh, I see the base of the Fire Clan 2 Dragon in the background.
I like how the Mountian Dragon appears like it might be some wise being one would ask for help. And the King Dragon from earlier reminds me of a remake of that one 2-headed Chinasaur.
Oh no

Ridureyu

Most of my McFarlane Dragons found a home with a good friend of mine who did not mind the fact that I planned to keep ALL THE BASES for photo dioramas :D

CityRaptor

In hindsight I should have kept the base of mine aswell, when I sold it together with some novels about dragons. ( Interestingly enough, all written by women, and sold to a woman. So women dig giant, fire-breating lizards ? ;D ) I described it as broken anyways. Really should not have had the base on the photo and have had "misses base" in the text. It looks like some minature Zen garden or something like that.

Another good source for bases, atleast if you want to display a single minfigure, is "Legend of Zortan".
http://blog.toy-sector.de/2012/02/zortan-mini-dios-simba-2011.html
Oh no

tyrantqueen

Quote( Interestingly enough, all written by women, and sold to a woman. So women dig giant, fire-breating lizards ? ;D )
Off topic, but I'm glad that you described dragons as "fire breathing lizards". I don't like it when so many people think of dragons as just glorified theropods. We already have flying theropods (birds) so in my opinion, dragons are just highly derived squamates. That's why I like Melody Pena's dragons, she seems to take inspiration from monitor lizards and other reptiles when she sculpts her dragons.

Not to mention, the traditional mythical depiction of a dragon goes back to the middle ages, where they were based on serpents and lizards. Just the way I see things.

Ridureyu

I've got one of those Legend of Zortan bases...

But then, I have a lot of stuff.  This photo uses props from The Smurfs and Nightmare Before Christmas:

Ridureyu

I managed to score another Demon's Chronicle figure (patience pays off with this obscure Japanese line), but instead of a demon (most of them are Goetic demons), this one's an Egyptian deity!

Sobek, the crocodile god.  He represents the Nile, protection, savagery, hunger, fertility, sexual aggression, the sun, and creation. 

Ridureyu

The newest addition:  Safari's Swamp Dragon!

Ridureyu

I got myself one of the Clone Wars General Grievous figures.  The one with battle damage:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: