News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions - Other Toys and Figures

Started by sauroid, February 11, 2014, 07:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcroSauroTaurus

Pokemon Select Rayquaza

Playmates Gorosaurus
I am the Dinosaur King!

CityRaptor

Getting the Duck'n'Roll got me curious about some symbols I found on the packacking and vehicle. Looking them up, I got curious if a current version of a the Fangster, a car I wanted since the 80s, is available. It was, as a blind bagged Mystery Model. Not ideal but better than having it in a five pack. Finding it was rather easy for someone with blind bag experience.

Orange seems odd for a crocodilian at first, but orange crocodiles do exist.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

AcroSauroTaurus

Jazwares Aerodactyl

S.H.MonsterArts Godzilla 2004

NECA Pacific Rim Knifehead(battle damaged)

NECA Pacific Rim Trespasser
I am the Dinosaur King!

PrimevalRaptor

Had to grab that Pokemon Select Rayquaza myself, it's always been my favorite legendary alongside Giratina and I've been wanting a large model of it for ages, the articulation is a big plus and the design hides the seams really well.

CityRaptor

Great Scott! I got two more Hot Wheels! One is driven by a chicken (who is also a fox and a fly), the other based on a six foot turkey! ;)

The Delorean is probably more durable than the actual thing. ;D Not sure what I will do with it yet, but my instincts told me to get it.
The Veloci-Racer (the result of my quirk acting up, most likely probably also some weird subconcious desire to replace my old JP diecast Dinosaurs) actually uses a loophole in my rule to not get scaly raptors outside of JP/W since it is not meant to be the real deal. Same loophole would also allow me to get Beast Wars Dinobot if his raptor mode din't look like something out of Hasbro's JW line.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on July 22, 2022, 06:00:12 PMHad to grab that Pokemon Select Rayquaza myself, it's always been my favorite legendary alongside Giratina and I've been wanting a large model of it for ages, the articulation is a big plus and the design hides the seams really well.

I see you have good taste, Rayquaza and Giratina happen to be my favorites as well.8) It would've been nice if it had jaw articulation, but it's still a good articulated Rayquaza.(that's easily available) Hopefully they make a Giratina at some point...
I am the Dinosaur King!

MLMjp

Joining the SH Monsterarts 2004 Godzilla fever. And also some third Party MUTOs

Fembrogon

Ooh, very cool. I still have a soft spot for the 2004 Godzilla suit.
It drives me crazy that there haven't been more official MUTO toys in the nearly 10 years since the film released.

AcroSauroTaurus

These came in since my last post.
S.H.MonsterArts Jet Jaguar-2021

S.H.MonsterArts Rodan-2021

Monster Hunter Figure Builder Vol. 22

Allmother Narwa

Bishaten

Apex Diablos

Malzeno

Lunagaron

Shogun Ceanataur

Malzeno-clear version
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

A couple recent additions.
S.H.MonsterArts Monster X

Monster Hunter Figure Builder Vol. 23

Aurora Somnacanth

Garangolm

Gore Magala

Seregios

Magma Almudron

Astalos

Lunagaron-clear version
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

Got my S.H.MonsterArts Mizutsune recently.
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

McFarlane Banshee/Ikran-Jake Sully version

Jakks Pacific Bowser
I am the Dinosaur King!

JimoAi

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on April 30, 2023, 05:45:23 PMMcFarlane Banshee/Ikran-Jake Sully version

Jakks Pacific Bowser

sick, I've always wanted bowser but he's so expensive in where I'm from.

EmperorDinobot

How fragile would you say the Monster Hunter Dragon is, avatar_AcroSauroTaurus @AcroSauroTaurus ?

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on May 07, 2023, 04:08:41 PMHow fragile would you say the Monster Hunter Dragon is, avatar_AcroSauroTaurus @AcroSauroTaurus ?

The Mizutsune? It's not too fragile, but if you dropped it/it fell it would probably either pop some pieces out or it would break.(or both...) Obviously it would depend on the distance and the hardness of the floor.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Carnoking

Never even realized this sub-thread existed! Gotta start sharing some other pickups here!

Spoiler

I've been an ardent Avatar apologist for years now, but never had any interest in collecting tie in toys.

Well, that all changed when I saw this massive and beautifully painted articulated Banshee on sale for like 18 bucks! That's an insane amount of awesome toy for that price, and I couldn't say no. And as much as I love Mattel's Hammond Collection, this really is putting that to shame. I think the only way it could be cooler was if they found a way to make that crazy jaw articulate!

Now if only the Skimwing could drop to this price... Oh, and I'll need a super colossal Payakan while I'm at it!

[close]

Spoiler

Also, massive del Toro fan (who isn't?), so when I saw this limited edition set of Pinocchio figures on sale at Walmart, I couldn't say no. Don't really know much about this brand but that's probably for the best lest I fall down another collecting rabbit hole.

[close]

Spoiler

Speaking of del Toro, got these Pacific Rim Neca figures for a decent price on eBay recently. There's still a few of these I'd like to track down but these were a good introduction to the line.

"Ciao Papa"

[close]

Spoiler

Also, finally found the Pale Man Neca figure for an acceptable price! One of my absolute favorite movie monsters and examples of practical effects in film, right up there with Stan Winston's work on Jurassic Park!

"What do you call it, call it?"

[close]

AcroSauroTaurus

I got the McFarlane Syrax and Caraxes this week, no out of box pictures since I don't have room for them right now, unfortunately.
Syrax

Caraxes
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

S.H.MonsterArts Biollante-Special Color

S.H.MonsterArts Gamera-Decisive Battle

Hiya Mothra
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

Monster Hunter Figure Builder Vol. 25-Figures can be seen in the Monster Hunter thread.

Hiya Godzilla-2021 atomic breath version

S.H.MonsterArts Godzilla-1954

S.H.MonsterArts Godzilla-2002

S.H.MonsterArts Godzilla-1991
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

S.H.MonsterArts Godzilla-2023

Safari Short-fin Mako
I am the Dinosaur King!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: