News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Tedco Prehistoric Panorama: Back from the dead?

Started by Chad, April 07, 2014, 11:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crackington

Quote from: Hermes888 on April 12, 2014, 12:36:29 AM
Could someone post a list of every set they're selling along with the creatures inside each set? I'd be interested to know everything that's possible to get.
Also, how big are they? And which ones aren't being sold anymore?

They are a similar size to Kaiyodos or Safari toob models, which is great for my cramped space. Sorry can't help with your other queries.

Its good to see them making a comeback, I always thought they were underrated figures, with a few gems such as the Icthyostega and the Burgess Shale creatures.

amargasaurus cazaui

I am in the US myself and while not personnally intersted in the sets, I am willing to get them ordered and send them to anyone that is caught without alternate means....let me know if you want my help.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Roselaar

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 12, 2014, 09:07:59 PM
I am in the US myself and while not personnally intersted in the sets, I am willing to get them ordered and send them to anyone that is caught without alternate means....let me know if you want my help.

Sending PM.  ;)

Chad

Quote from: Hermes888 on April 12, 2014, 12:36:29 AM
Could someone post a list of every set they're selling along with the creatures inside each set? I'd be interested to know everything that's possible to get.
Also, how big are they? And which ones aren't being sold anymore?

Hi Hermes. Here's a list of the figures. I'll do it by set with the ones NOT being re-made in parentheses:

Early Life
Opabina
Ottoia
Hallucigenia
Pikaia
(trilobite)
(Aysheia)

Early Reptiles
Dicynodon
Dimetrodon
Ichthyostega
Dilpocaulus
(Scutosaurus)
(Desmatosuchus)

Dinosaurs
Euoplocephalus
Styracosaurus
T-Rex
Stegosaurus
(Brachiosaurus)
(Giganotosaurus)

Pterosaurs
Pterodaustro
Dsungaripterus
Pteranodon
Dimorphodon
(Tropeognathus)
(Quetxalcoatlus)

Mammals
Coelodonta
Embolotherium
Arsinoitherium
Mammoth
(Indricotherium)
(Smilodon)

Sea Creatures
Stethacanthus
Liopleurodon
Groenlandaspis
Ammonite
(Dunkleosteus)
(Ichthyosaur)

Roselaar

Too bad about the missing figures. Hopefully Tedco will re-release those as well. I'd love me a Tropeognathus and Aysheia!

amargasaurus cazaui

I was able to order some of these for a member, and I will state they do NOT verify you are getting a complete set if you order six bags. My order came with five of six being unique with a single duplicate. Something else to note, these are not blind bag figures. The back of each bag is marked, according to the set inside. This means you can know what is inside without opening the bag at all.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

SBell

Quote from: predino on June 03, 2014, 05:32:32 AM
What is the name of the armored fish?

If you read the list posted below by someone, it's listed as Groenlandaspis.

Roselaar

That figures does more resemble Bothriolepis though. It's a cool fig regardless.

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on June 03, 2014, 11:13:20 PM
That figures does more resemble Bothriolepis though. It's a cool fig regardless.

Definitely--it certainly lacks the high body normally associated with Groenlandaspis. Kind of like the Dunkleosteus, which always came across more like Coccosteus or some other smaller arthrodire to me,

Hynerpeton

Too bad i cant mix and match em. Want 3 sets. Early life,early reptiles,sea creatures.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

DC

Quote from: Roselaar on April 12, 2014, 05:27:29 PM
Apparently they don't ship worldwide after all. When I try to register, the only countries it shows are the US and Canada. It says that 'if your country isn't listed, we cannot accept your order'. Sucks for me... better keep an eye out on eBay for these after all. ::)

I have emailed Cog in the past from their site and they are pretty good about telling you where to find a local source if there is one.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Crackington

UK collectors may be interested to know that Marks and Spencer's are now packaging some of the Tedcos too. I stumbled across them the other day whilst enthusiastically shopping with Mrs Crackington in the sales.

They are also on their website:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/early-reptile-pack/p/p22339235

Roselaar

Quote from: Crackington on December 29, 2014, 05:03:52 PM
UK collectors may be interested to know that Marks and Spencer's are now packaging some of the Tedcos too. I stumbled across them the other day whilst enthusiastically shopping with Mrs Crackington in the sales.

They are also on their website:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/early-reptile-pack/p/p22339235

Interesting to see the different packaging. Are these the same six sets as their US counterparts?

They wouldn't happen to contain the as yet unre-released figures, do they? :)

Crackington

I didn't see any new figures, but as each pack contains only 4 models, there must be missing ones from the originals. Its not so obvious on the M & S website, but I saw in the shop the following packs: earliest life, dinosaurs, sea creatures, pterosaurs and mammals. There may also be an "early reptiles" pack.

Halichoeres

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I picked up some extras of these recently and the composition of the pterosaur set has changed. The first one I bought has Pterodaustro, but the set I purchased more recently has replaced it with the Quetzalcoatlus. None of the other packs has changed, as far as I can tell. The funny thing is, the paper insert still says Pterodaustro. Has anyone else gotten different figures than the ones billed?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

terrorchicken

I had never seen these before, they look neat! so they bring 4 figures a pack? are the figures in each pack all from the same group, like will one pack have all 4 dinos, another pack all 4 mammals, etc or are they randomly placed? B/c I would really love the mammals, early reptiles and pterosaur packs!

Roselaar

Quetz is back too? Interesting! Though if it still says Pterodaustro, it does indeed seem more like somebody made a mistake. Maybe they had run out of Pterodaustros and added Quetzes just because they didn't have anything else? Though that would still mean Quetz is back in mass production. Hopefully the other unre-released figures will follow suit! :0

Quote from: terrorchicken on July 31, 2015, 06:26:25 PM
so they bring 4 figures a pack? are the figures in each pack all from the same group

Yes, they are.

Halichoeres

It would be especially nice if they resurrected the other Cambrian figures! It may well be a mistake, but if not I'm definitely glad I got my Pterodaustro when I did!

@terrorchicken: They're $5 at Tedco's website, but they won't tell you which one you're getting. Right now the Field Museum gift shop has them for $7/bag, but you know what you're getting. If you want to take the guesswork out of it, I'd be happy to pick up those three sets for you.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

terrorchicken

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 01, 2015, 03:26:33 PM

@terrorchicken: They're $5 at Tedco's website, but they won't tell you which one you're getting. Right now the Field Museum gift shop has them for $7/bag, but you know what you're getting. If you want to take the guesswork out of it, I'd be happy to pick up those three sets for you.

I just sent you a pm!  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: