News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs Ornithocheirus for sale

Started by DinoToyForum, April 08, 2014, 07:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

The Walking with Dinosaurs Ornithocheirus figure looks splendid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-RAREST-DINOSAUR-FIGURE-ON-EARTH-OFFICIAL-UNRELEASED-WWD-ORNITHOCHEIRUS-/271448471935?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item3f3396f97f

Many more photos on the Ebay listing.

Worth a thread of its own, methinks!

Chad

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Simon on April 08, 2014, 07:48:58 PM
That price is INSANE!  Does he really think he's gonna get $500 for it?????

If you read that listing its actually funny (maybe unintentionally so).

He does have some Toyway and Battats at more reasonable prices, though.

That's right, 'Simon'. By the way, I hope it's okay for me to include the photograph in this thread? Would it be alright if I posted some of the photos in the WWD thread as well? This is the first time most of us have had the opportunity to see this figure properly, so the new photographs are very welcome!

CityRaptor

Oh my Godzilla! It's beautiful.  Although, with that price, I guess I will obtain the Collecta one instead.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Simon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 08, 2014, 07:57:30 PM

That's right, 'Simon'. By the way, I hope it's okay for me to include the photograph in this thread? Would it be alright if I posted some of the photos in the WWD thread as well? This is the first time most of us have had the opportunity to see this figure properly, so the new photographs are very welcome!

Of course, Admin.  From a pure legal standpoint, if a photo is posted publicly on the Internet, its fair game for anyone to use.  You give up any rights when you post it (unless its actually copyrighted - and then you'd still better put a fat watermark on it if you don't want it used).

What I can't understand is how no other ones have ever popped up anywhere.  I wonder how many they actually gave away.  I would guess that its anonymity is such that whoever won them in the raffle would really not have had any idea of how rare it would be considered.

Simon

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 08, 2014, 07:59:19 PM
Oh my Godzilla! It's beautiful.  Although, with that price, I guess I will obtain the Collecta one instead.

Actually, Malcolm's Faunacasts Ornithocherias is larger and better detailed and is a far superior figure in a similar pose.

Chad

Quote from: Simon on April 08, 2014, 08:12:24 PM

Actually, Malcolm's Faunacasts Ornithocherias is larger and better detailed and is a far superior figure in a similar pose.

No doubt, but this figure's value is tied up in being the rarest of a collectible set. It's like the Honus Wagner baseball card.

Simon

Quote from: Chad on April 08, 2014, 08:18:07 PM

No doubt, but this figure's value is tied up in being the rarest of a collectible set. It's like the Honus Wagner baseball card.

*LOL*  Somehow I can't see this piece of PVC vinyl selling for $2M dollars!!

Chad

Quote from: Simon on April 08, 2014, 08:24:19 PM
Quote from: Chad on April 08, 2014, 08:18:07 PM

*LOL*  Somehow I can't see this piece of PVC vinyl selling for $2M dollars!!

Let me just reach into my pocket for a couple of million...Naw, I meant it as an analogy! Guys with 2 million bucks to spend can just genetically engineer their own pterosaur...

CityRaptor

If there is a collector wealthy enough and willing to pay it.  A baseball card is a piece of paper, afterall. But then again, there is probably a bigger market for those.

Well, I meant a Vinyl one.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

It looks good, but not something I personally would spend over four hundred dollars on. Another man's pleasure is another man's poison...

Gwangi

It sure is nice to finally see one!

Balaur

Sure is Gwangi. About time! Too bad I have -10 dollars in my bank account, otherwise I would by it. ;)

Just kidding, but oh man. That looks beautiful! Want! Now!

Libraraptor

stoneage

Quote from: Simon on April 08, 2014, 07:48:58 PM
That price is INSANE!  Does he really think he's gonna get $500 for it?????

If you read that listing its actually funny (maybe unintentionally so).

He does have some Toyway and Battats at more reasonable prices, though.

Hey people have paid more then that for a Battat Diplodocus and other pieces so I don't think the price is that big a deal.  The question is how much is the reserve?

Roselaar

This would be a good time to be extraordinarily, excessively wealthy...

Oh well, it seems this figure was built to cater only for the super-rich. Not everyone in the world has the money to enjoy these Ornithocheiruses. Maybe they'll have a coupon day or something.

Seijun

I will be surprised if anyone bids at that price. Dino toys do not usually go for hundreds anymore unless they are very, very old.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

SBell

For that guy who comes on here every few years claiming to have one to sell--this is how you get buyers. By having photos of the actual figure.

And I imagine it will eventually sell to somebody, within this or the next pass in the auctions. It's very rare, and still pretty sought after. With any luck, other people who have one will realize what it is and try to sell theirs, flooding the market and dropping the price to something reasonable.

amargasaurus cazaui

Just a question, but since Bucketfoot was apparently banned from the forum, what if this supposed "clown" happens to be one and the same? That would seem to at least be possible.....and might explain alot.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

Well, we can figure that out by checking the link that the "clown" provided for his auction and comparing it to Bucketfoot's. If they have the same username then they are the same person.

Btw, I have purchased an item from Bucketfoot in the past and I have had no complaints, he was fast to ship and easy to deal with.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: